Discussion: FINALS WEEK!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 25  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
jakefwp
jakefwp
FINALS WEEK!
May 12 2009, 8:01 PM EDT | Post edited: May 12 2009, 8:01 PM EDT
Awesome final three, and pretty much the exact three we would have guessed after the first week or two. Gilles has to be the favorite, right?

Totally deserved standing O from the crowd for Ty, by the way. He was awesome and made the season so much more fun.
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
brunofan
brunofan
1. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 12 2009, 9:03 PM EDT | Post edited: May 12 2009, 9:03 PM EDT
i think shawn will have her best week and then get enough fan votes to win! Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
2. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 13 2009, 3:33 PM EDT | Post edited: May 13 2009, 3:33 PM EDT
Fanbases, and if the viewers are reminded about the Bachelor thing, Melissa might win. Gilles would probably have to get naked to win lol. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
3. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 15 2009, 2:03 PM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2009, 2:03 PM EDT
I would love to see Melissa win for Tony's sake, but I really think that Gilles is the best dancer (bonne chance mon ami !). I think that Shawn is OK but the last episodes judging was very confusing...I think the judges were overly harsh on Melissa and overly generous to Shawn. Could be very interesting! Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
4. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 15 2009, 7:45 PM EDT | Post edited: May 15 2009, 7:45 PM EDT
I think Melissa is slightly better than Gilles, and I hope she wins. Gilles does actually look like he could be a dancer. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
5. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 18 2009, 7:22 AM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2009, 7:22 AM EDT
I'm slightly in favor of Gilles. He's so much fun to watch. Agreed that it would be cool for Tony to win, though. Do you find this valuable?    
dwtsjen
dwtsjen
6. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 18 2009, 2:27 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2009, 2:27 PM EDT
I can't decide who I want to win! Gilles works so hard and is such a great dancer... AND he tolerates working with Cheryl week after week. Melissa was dumped on national television and joined the show with 2 (or was it 4?) days' notice; she's a really good dancer and she and Tony obviously want the win. Shawn didn't win me over until late in the season, but I found myself voting for her during the semi-finals. The seventeen-year-old in me relates to anyone who takes themselves too seriously; I want to see her win so that she'll smile and have some fun. Who to choose?! Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
7. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 18 2009, 3:03 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2009, 3:03 PM EDT
Oh god I really hope Melissa wins. I think she's a better dancer than Gilles, (slightly) but I'm sure Shawn would get 3rd. Unless what if someone gets hurt DURING their performance? God that would suck. Do you find this valuable?    
eguy
eguy
8. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 18 2009, 3:29 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2009, 3:29 PM EDT
I'm all about the French man. Go Gilles! I'm betting Shawn or Melissa wins, though. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
9. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 18 2009, 4:07 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2009, 4:07 PM EDT
First dance...group Passo! Gilles was the best and Melissa was a close second and Shawn was definitely third. In the free dance Shawn was up first and I think the judges were overly generous to her. The dance was very good but she seemed to be trying to keep up with Mark alot. Melissa was second and I really think the judges were overly critical on her. They kept saying things about "personal choices" but they judged against her because some of the things that they did was not their choice. Gilles was third and he was amazing, but the judges were critical of him too. So I think it is a toss up between Gilles and Melissa. Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
10. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 18 2009, 6:37 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2009, 6:37 PM EDT
Shawn's freestyle wasn't that good......she was behind Mark......they did kinda give her generous scores. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
11. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 18 2009, 7:29 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2009, 7:29 PM EDT
Interesting... I thought it seemed like the first time Shawn was really having fun all season. Maybe I got caught up in that, but I thought it was a terrific dance. Cheryl sold Gilles short by not letting him really dance more.... Totally agreed with the judges on that. Also thought Melissa's freestyle had too many lifts, but it was pretty fun to watch.

The scores are so close, it seems like anything could happen, with one more dance and the fan vote to come into play. It's really the only way this season could have ended.
eguy
eguy
12. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 18 2009, 7:49 PM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2009, 7:49 PM EDT
I agree that Shawn looks like she was having a great time, I think it was her best night ever though I did think it was a little heavy on the tricks. I was hoping that Melissa and Gilles would be that much better, but I thought it kind of went downhill after Shawn's freestyle. Melissa's dance looked waaaaayyy too Dallas Cowboy cheerleader for my taste. Gilles gave it his all... in CHERYL'S dance. WTF? Like, duh, Flashdance is about a chick (welder by day, dancer by night!) And holy s***, did Cheryl look pissed at the end when they were all clapping and standing around! She looked mad because of the judges' comments. It's like, serves you right for acting out your 80s dance fantasy and not looking out for my beloved Gilles. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
13. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 19 2009, 6:58 AM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2009, 6:58 AM EDT
"Gilles gave it his all... in CHERYL'S dance. WTF? Like, duh, Flashdance is about a chick (welder by day, dancer by night!) And holy s***, did Cheryl look pissed at the end when they were all clapping and standing around! She looked mad because of the judges' comments. It's like, serves you right for acting out your 80s dance fantasy and not looking out for my beloved Gilles."
L
O
L

Could not agree more.
BrandonE
BrandonE
14. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 19 2009, 1:35 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2009, 1:35 PM EDT
"I agree that Shawn looks like she was having a great time, I think it was her best night ever though I did think it was a little heavy on the tricks. I was hoping that Melissa and Gilles would be that much better, but I thought it kind of went downhill after Shawn's freestyle. Melissa's dance looked waaaaayyy too Dallas Cowboy cheerleader for my taste. Gilles gave it his all... in CHERYL'S dance. WTF? Like, duh, Flashdance is about a chick (welder by day, dancer by night!) And holy s***, did Cheryl look pissed at the end when they were all clapping and standing around! She looked mad because of the judges' comments. It's like, serves you right for acting out your 80s dance fantasy and not looking out for my beloved Gilles."
Yeah I think Cheryl's acting to selfish. I don't think she cares about Gilles, as long as she gets her trophy. Yesterday's freestyle was "her" dance, nothing about him.

offwithherhead
15. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 19 2009, 4:24 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2009, 4:24 PM EDT
"Gilles gave it his all... in CHERYL'S dance. WTF? Like, duh, Flashdance is about a chick (welder by day, dancer by night!) And holy s***, did Cheryl look pissed at the end when they were all clapping and standing around! She looked mad because of the judges' comments. It's like, serves you right for acting out your 80s dance fantasy and not looking out for my beloved Gilles."
I watched the show again tonight and I have to agree with you eguy...Cheryl did showcase herself. I have never been a huge Cheryl fan but aside from that I really likes Gilles this season. I would love for him ot win if not for Cheryl....by the same token I would love Melissa to win for Tony's sake. Shawn, I have just never gotten on board wih. Is it just me, or does Shawn look like the only person to ever GAIN weight during the course of the show?
BrandonE
BrandonE
16. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 19 2009, 9:02 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2009, 9:02 PM EDT
I know, Shawn is a little chucky there! Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
17. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 19 2009, 9:49 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2009, 9:49 PM EDT
OK, so Gilles was the best dancer over the whole season, and I wish he'd won. But Shawn seriously rallied in the last few weeks. Her cha cha cha in the finals was her best dance of the season, so you have to hand it to her for peaking at the right time. Do you find this valuable?    
dwtsjen
dwtsjen
18. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 20 2009, 7:09 AM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2009, 7:09 AM EDT
Rough night for Melissa! Jeffrey Ross was especially mean to her, and then she placed third. Now back to obscurity with you, smiley-face!

Once Melissa was out, I was happy with either Shawn or Gilles winning. I think Shawn really matured as a dancer during the season, so I'm thrilled that she won. I could watch her freestyle again and again!
eguy
eguy
19. RE: FINALS WEEK!
May 20 2009, 7:47 AM EDT | Post edited: May 20 2009, 7:47 AM EDT
I found myself getting uncomfortable during the roast. There's a difference between roasting and being an a****** and that guy was definitely the latter. It was the only time I this season I saw Melissa make a face that was somewhat ticked off. I loved it when he was about to start in on LT and LT said "be careful." Awesome.

I noticed something else last night during the recap of Shawn's season that I hadn't noticed before. I think she has a little crush on Mark. I never put it together before, but then I watched the way she looked at him all throughout the season and I totally think she's crushing on him. In all fairness, he's probably the first guy that she's spent that much time with that wasn't like her dad or something. Regardless, I think he did a great job with keeping the dances clean but competitive. He really worked well with her and she showed a lot of progress throughout the season. I totally get why America voted for her. She also had that Olympian focus at the end. She was dead serious about winning and she knew exactly how to do it.

I stick by my stance that Cheryl robbed my precious Gilles of his trophy. With 1% separating him and Shawn, he had his dance been better, he probably could have earned better scores and perhaps picked up more votes.
2 | Next