Discussion: Judges Scores Don't Make SenseReported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

k.t.did
Judges Scores Don't Make Sense
Oct 30 2012, 4:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2012, 4:49 AM EDT
I'm questioning the judges scores over the past few weeks (and even seasons), but especially last night. Are they watching the same show we are? For example, Shawn Johnson received a 28 and Kirstie Alley a 27.5...there is no comparison and the scores shouldn't be that close. While I appreciate the entertainment value of Kirstie, there is a huge difference between the dancing skills of Kirstie and Shawn...worth more than a .5 point difference. So Len doesn't like cows on stage...get over it and judge the dance. It seems every couple has a gimmick. Clearly there is something wrong here! 7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

discouragedfan
1. RE: Judges Scores Don't Make Sense
Oct 30 2012, 11:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
IF Shawn and Dereck go home tonight, I"M DONE WITH THIS SHOW AND I LOVVVVE THIS SHOW. Len clearly has a "hidden agenda". He gave S&D an 8 for their Rumba because there was no hip action, but he gave Sabrina a 10 when she did almost EXACTLY the same dance AND SHE BUMBLED A MOVE TRYING TO GET THROUGH Louie's legs! THen he gives them an 8.5 for their cha cha because of all the "gimmicks" (a cow and a tractor). DID YOU SEE THE SET FOR TONY AND MELISSA??????? A campfire, full moon, trees, ETC. and he gave them a 10!!! No hidden agenda??? I think he clearly has it out for S&D. 6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

peggy802
2. RE: Judges Scores Don't Make Sense
Nov 20 2012, 9:21 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2012, 9:21 AM EST
"I'm questioning the judges scores over the past few weeks (and even seasons), but especially last night. Are they watching the same show we are? For example, Shawn Johnson received a 28 and Kirstie Alley a 27.5...there is no comparison and the scores shouldn't be that close. While I appreciate the entertainment value of Kirstie, there is a huge difference between the dancing skills of Kirstie and Shawn...worth more than a .5 point difference. So Len doesn't like cows on stage...get over it and judge the dance. It seems every couple has a gimmick. Clearly there is something wrong here! "
The judges need to remember that this is a dance competition and to judge the dancing fairly for all contestants. Shawn Johnson is a gymnast, we know that. She does a samba with no samba and gets a 10 from Carrie Ann. WHY??? Total B.S.
Highly skilled dancers getting the same scores as the lousy ones. Makes no sense.
Would it be annoying if Apolo came out doing speed skating every week or Emmitt throwing football passes? They are there to dance. Be glad when fat Shawn puts some clothes on and is out of my living room!
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
3. RE: Judges Scores Don't Make Sense
Nov 20 2012, 9:46 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2012, 9:46 AM EST
I think both of you have points...the judges do seem to overscore/underscore certain performers...they can't just SCORE!

But I think Len is hard on Shawn because, for example, in their Samba they did a lot more tribal dancing then samba moves, and if you get someone like Apolo doing a Samba with all the samba rolls and steps, its not fair for Shawn to get a 10 in a dance shes not even doing.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?