Discussion: dwts s12ep1Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 22  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
writestuff15
writestuff15
dwts s12ep1
Mar 21 2011, 4:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 21 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
I'm watching all the way, and I'm rooting for all the Underdogs! 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

cathieil
1. RE: dwts s12ep1
Mar 22 2011, 4:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2011, 4:41 AM EDT
"I'm watching all the way, and I'm rooting for all the Underdogs!"
Writestuff15, please DWTS friend, please vote for the best dancers, not just the underdogs. I think I am hooked too, after all the controversy of last season I wasn't sure how anxious I was to get involved again. Lots of pleasant surprises last nite except for Brooke Burke who STILL can't say anything more intelligent than "How does that feel??"
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
2. RE: dwts s12ep1
Mar 22 2011, 5:44 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2011, 5:44 AM EDT
I think that the 60-year-old KIRSTIE is the only one that qualifies as an "underdog", an' I'll be rootin' for her this season !!
They didn't have any "underdog" last year, unless you count Flo Henderson, who folded early -- and the 50-year-old with the spinal injury -- and SHE WON !!!
GO, KIRSTIE !!
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

bah1214
3. RE: dwts s12ep1
Mar 29 2011, 10:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2011, 10:16 AM EDT
I think it is great that after the first week, the top two were two of the oldest contestants this season. Go Ralph & Kirstie! 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
4. RE: dwts s12ep1
Mar 29 2011, 11:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2011, 11:18 AM EDT
Fun show last nite! And how 'bout that smackeroo Maks planted on Kirstie (or was it the other way around?!) No matter, it was great. Even tho it tanked with the judges for not having "enough jive", I really liked Mark and Chelsea's (gads that girl is cute !) routine. It reminded me of something Derek would have come up with. And for as much I have bashed Brooke Burke I have to give her credit, she seemed to do much better with her questions and comments. Only a few "How does that feel"s and I thought she looked really elegant, altho I bet the men folk out there were wishin' for alot less coverage and alot more bedhair. A girl has to be a lady once in a while! 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
5. RE: dwts s12ep1
Mar 29 2011, 8:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2011, 8:59 PM EDT
Yes, Ma'am, Brooke looked pretty good on Monday nite -- but she looked a fright on Tuesday !! I thought it was a different person !!!
Glad to see Kirstie will be back -- and glad that the self-proclaimed "psycho" is the first one out !!
Hey, didja notice there ain't much action here at the DWTS site !???
What's up !!???

bah1214
6. RE: dwts s12ep1
Mar 30 2011, 8:24 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 30 2011, 8:24 AM EDT
There are a lot of people on ABC's boards. I go to it myself, except I don't like the fact when you are on theirs it is a lot of trash talking. It doesn't seem to be that way on this sight. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
7. RE: dwts s12ep1
Mar 30 2011, 11:44 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 30 2011, 11:44 AM EDT
"Yes, Ma'am, Brooke looked pretty good on Monday nite -- but she looked a fright on Tuesday !! I thought it was a different person !!!
Glad to see Kirstie will be back -- and glad that the self-proclaimed "psycho" is the first one out !!
Hey, didja notice there ain't much action here at the DWTS site !???
What's up !!???"
I didn't watch Tues. nite (you know, the Chris Brown thing, whatever) so I had to check Brooke out on ABC's website. To describe her look as a 'fright' was being very kind. What was with the Cleopatra hair and the AWFUL dress, even worse than last Mon's black number?? There was all this "stuff" packed around her thighs-it looked like she had on sauna pants or was in dire need of spanx! Bad, bad stylist!!

Loving Kirstie especially, also Ralph, Hines Ward is too cute, Disney girl Chelsea, Romeo is doing well too. I wish Sugar Ray was doing better and Wendy Williams too, I'm thinkin' one of those will bite the dust next. I wasn't surprised to lose Phycho even tho he did improve from week one.

And yeh, where is everybody??? I see some newbies but not too many old timers like us. No controversies-no comments? Come on gang, join the fun. I got a kick out of bah1214 (welcome bah!!) about there not being alot of trash talking on this site. Just wait (or review last year's Bristol threads).
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
8. RE: dwts s12ep1
Mar 30 2011, 11:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 30 2011, 11:40 PM EDT
HEE ! HEE ! HEE ! Methinks the site has gone to hell already -- with 2 different threads with the same name ( dwts s 12 ep 1) to add confusion to the already confusing site navigation.
After I log in, I have to jump all over the place to get to the current season -- it's like they're trying to PREVENT us from finding the latest shows to comment on !!

The "big news" for this season has been you an' me discussin' the Hostess/Monkey and that weird person that dresses her !!!

I haven't picked a fave yet, but I'm leanin' toward Kirstie -- I STILL can't bleeve she's 60 years old !!!

Trash talkin' !!??? Seems to me that there ain't much talkin' at all !!!
I think some peeps saw that a thread got locked on the very first week, and whispered "adios, motherbleeper!" as they passed on by.

Oh, by-the-way --- I don't know Chris Brown from a flock of fig-diggers, except that he beat up on a woman. NO EXCUSE for that, an' I don't like ABC givin' him any publicity -- BUT -- the "Lighted People Dancing" show that I saw on Tuesday nite was one of the best of it's kind that I've ever seen ANYWHERE !!!
That thing HAS to be on U-Tube -- it's absolutely awesome !!!
Chris Brown still sucks, but that was one GREAT show !!!

5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
9. RE: dwts s12ep1
Mar 31 2011, 6:57 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2011, 6:57 AM EDT
I will have to go back to ABC and get that show up again. I only wanted to see what Brooke was wearing when I got it yesterday. Thanks for the tip on the "Lighted People Dancing". I will check it out.

Yeh, I guess the thread titles at the bottom of the page can be a bit confusing but I always manage to fine what I am looking for. My only compliant about some of them is that they are SO OLD. There is one title for Natalie Coughlin from Season 9-that's old news
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
10. RE: dwts s12ep1
Mar 31 2011, 8:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2011, 8:41 AM EDT
"Fun show last nite! And how 'bout that smackeroo Maks planted on Kirstie (or was it the other way around?!) No matter, it was great. Even tho it tanked with the judges for not having "enough jive", I really liked Mark and Chelsea's (gads that girl is cute !) routine. It reminded me of something Derek would have come up with. And for as much I have bashed Brooke Burke I have to give her credit, she seemed to do much better with her questions and comments. Only a few "How does that feel"s and I thought she looked really elegant, altho I bet the men folk out there were wishin' for alot less coverage and alot more bedhair. A girl has to be a lady once in a while!"
I so agree with your comment about Mark and Chelsea's jive! I sat watching it and right after remarked to my wife it reminded me of something Derek would have done. I grudgingly agree that Brooke has gotten a little better, but what was that dress about the first night? I thought it looked like she had a hat hanging on her dress. But all-in-all an enjoyable start to the season.

bah1214
11. RE: dwts s12ep1
Mar 31 2011, 10:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2011, 10:32 AM EDT
Does Brooke pick out her own dresses or does the wardrobe department pick her clothes out? Samantha Harris' clothes, for the most part, were never as bad as Brooke's. Why does she always ask the couples "How does that feel?". If you get a bad score how do you think it feels?! That is so stupid when she asks that. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
12. RE: dwts s12ep1
Mar 31 2011, 11:58 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
"Does Brooke pick out her own dresses or does the wardrobe department pick her clothes out? Samantha Harris' clothes, for the most part, were never as bad as Brooke's. Why does she always ask the couples "How does that feel?". If you get a bad score how do you think it feels?! That is so stupid when she asks that."
OMG bah, I have been hammering both those nails for almost 2 years! The worst of Samanthas dresses were better than the best of Brookes. I don't know who is picking her clothes, but if it is a stylist, I'm going to apply for the job. Two of her three dresses this season were awful-the black from the opening nite with the HUGE whatever on the hip and the white with the thigh expanders (what a fab look that was) that she wore for Tues. nite results! And the "how does that feel"s, they make me nuts!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
13. RE: dwts s12ep1
Apr 1 2011, 8:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
Hark !!! What voice from yonder keyboard breaks !!??? Perchance it could be but wanderers in this strange land, or merely those who cannot find their way among the mists of idle curiosity set aglow by the glimmer of foolish pleasures ---

A couple more hits off this pipe an' I'll have it all figgered out -- Hey, what was the question, anyways !!???
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
14. RE: dwts s12ep1
Apr 1 2011, 8:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2011, 8:21 PM EDT
Yo, Paw !!! Glad to see you made it back !!
Not much action here yet -- mebbe later.

That dress that Brooke had on was feakin' NASTY lookin', for cryin' out loud !!!
I thought she was smugglin' midgets -- or mebbe she had a spare wig box under there !!
I miss Derek -- and was happy to see that psycho-dope get voted off right away !!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
15. RE: dwts s12ep1
Apr 1 2011, 8:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2011, 8:23 PM EDT
Let's hear it for the geezers !!! Go Ralph and Kirstie !!! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
16. RE: dwts s12ep1
Apr 2 2011, 11:58 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 2 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
I must admit to being on the side of the older couples so far....I am happy to see both Ralph and Kristie doing so well.....also as a closet wrasslin fan I am liking Jericho as well....of course I'm still mourning the screw job Stacy Kiebler got all those seasons ago.....but lots of early favs and the judging seems to be well balanced this saeson so far. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
17. RE: dwts s12ep1
Apr 2 2011, 12:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 2 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
"Yo, Paw !!! Glad to see you made it back !!
Not much action here yet -- mebbe later.

That dress that Brooke had on was feakin' NASTY lookin', for cryin' out loud !!!
I thought she was smugglin' midgets -- or mebbe she had a spare wig box under there !!
I miss Derek -- and was happy to see that psycho-dope get voted off right away !!"
Thanks for the welcome back Slik!!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

bah1214
18. RE: dwts s12ep1
Apr 3 2011, 7:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 3 2011, 7:12 AM EDT
I agree. I am glad that Kirstie and Ralph are doing so well. The rumba, on Monday, will not be easy for her especially. She will get the chemistry part with Maks, but she might have some problems with the hip action and extensions. Where as, I think Ralph will get the dance down, but I don't know about the chemistry with Karina. Well, good luck to both of them. Chris Jericho did do really well last Monday. The first Monday didn't go so hot, but his quickstep went really well. So good luck to him this week as well. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
19. RE: dwts s12ep1
Apr 4 2011, 2:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 4 2011, 2:37 PM EDT
It's after midnite --- the sound of crickets can be heard above the occasional croak of a mournful bullfrog that lost his mate during their wild dash across the 405 -- a sad night, indeed.
Mel Gibson is in re-hab.
Lindsay Lohan is in jail.
Charlie Sheen has lost his mind.
Every single one of Michael Moore's documentary films has proven to be more accurate than the "conventional wisdom".

And the DWTS Hostess is STILL Brooke Burke !!
2 | Next