Discussion: dwts Season 12 Episode 1Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 16 of 16  |  Show  posts at a time
dukeunique
dukeunique
dwts Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 21 2011, 1:10 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 21 2011, 1:12 AM EDT
i really love this reality show. its just amazing i am planning to see watch its next episode next week.. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: dwts Season 12 Episode 1
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
1. RE: DWTS Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 22 2011, 6:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2011, 6:09 AM EDT
Got off to a good start, with lots of new faces and an outstanding "underdog" in the form of the 60-year-old KIRSTIE !!
GO, KIRSTIE !!!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
2. RE: DWTS Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 22 2011, 8:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2011, 8:23 AM EDT
Ditto, SlikLizard! I thought almost all of them did a really good job for the first show. No one was 'prediticably' good (like Jennifer last year) and some I thought might not do so well (like Kirstie) knocked my socks off! I think it is going to be a fun season. I was relieved when the cast was announced that there were no political contestants (or their daughters, sons, husbands or wives). The only hint of controversy might be our ex-Playmate, I don't think she will do very well with the "typical" DWTS fan base. I do miss Derek. While he was getting alittle bit cocky there, I still think he is an amazing choreographer and I loved watching him do his thing. And I will never miss an opportunity to complain about Brooke Burke. Right from the first contestant we get the only thing she seems to know to say-"How does that feel?" Brilliant, as usual!! And the poor guy that got the score of 13-how the heck does she think it feels!?! She really is my only downer.

It is great to be back with my DWTS friends.

SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
3. RE: DWTS Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 22 2011, 9:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 22 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
Welcome back, Cathieil !!
I guess your "predicter" works a lot better than mine -- I would never say that a 50-year-old gal with screws in her spine that played the part of a dancer 30 years ago was "predictably" good, especially in the face of much younger competition.
My wife and I both miss Derek -- he was our fave White boy.
Yes, yes, I know that Brooke Burke asks the dumbest questions ever asked -- but hey, she does her job as eye-candy, and looks pretty good at it MOST of the time !!
However, that dress she had on the other nite was freakin' HORRIBLE !! Didja see that big humpish thing that stuck out of her hip so far that she had to rest her arm on top of it ??? She looked like she had a midget under her dress -- or mebbe she was smugglin' watermelons back to the ghetto -- I don't know.
If she asked ME - "How does that feel ?" - I'd say:
"It feels real good, like a Coca-Cola douche !!" ;>)

cathieil
4. RE: DWTS Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 23 2011, 9:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 23 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Good point about Jennifers' "predicability", she worked through some major pain and I did hear she had surgery after her win last season. So there, last years nay sayers that said she was just a whiner. Before the season started all I knew about her was she had some education in dance but I didn't know about her injuries until after the show started, which, to me, made her win that much more remarkable. I think the beautiful model Petra Nemcova, who was so badly injured in the 2004 tsunami, will certainly have pain and flexibility issues too. She has such a beautiful spirit, I hope she does really well.
Ok, on to Brooke. Eyecandy? OK, I suppose but I still think they could find an equally attractive woman who has a brain, can be charming, engaging, and maybe even clever now and then.
And wow, are you right about THAT dress!!! It took me awhile to figure out what the THING was on the side and I did notice that she had rest her arm on it. Just goofy. Its only redeeming quality to me was that, unlike most of her gowns, the majority of her boobs were actually inside the dress rather than pouring out of it. A woman can be very sexy and still be elegant and tasteful. She often looks like she is trying to compete with the dancers for how much skin you show. She wore a gown later in last season that was chiffon, soft and flowing, and was cut straight across so it showed cleavage but didn't leave her so completely exposed. So looked absolutely gorgeous-credit where credit is due. Sorry, she is still 'nails across a blackboard' for me.
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
5. RE: DWTS Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 24 2011, 3:42 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 24 2011, 3:42 AM EDT
Last season, It looked tome as if the peeps that bad-mouthed Jennifer were mostly fans of that talentless Palin person -- who couldn't even convince most of us that she even wanted to be there in the first place !!!
The GOOD news is that she didn't come back !!!
I know from nothing about that Petra Nemcova gal, so I can't comment.
As for Brooke -- yep, it's ALL about eye-candy for the male viewers !! The show's producers know good and well that "real men" don't watch this fancy-dancey stuff, so they gotta get some T & A out there for the fellas to ogle while their gals are secretly fanticizin' about those virile black men !!
Sure, Brooke is as dumb as a stump, but she's not there to bring an intellectual's perspective to the show, nor is she expected to have the interviewing skills of a Barbara Walters !!
All they need is a gal that fits the description of what they think is the "hot look" of the period -- NOT blonde, good teeth, nicely tanned, generous cleavage, and she doesn't slobber TOO much !!!
It would be nice if she was a nymphomaniac that owned a bank an' a liquor store -- but what the hell, you can't have everything !!!
And yes, mebbe they COULD find "an equally attractive woman that has a brain, can be charming, engaging, and maybe even clever now and then" -- BUT -- then they would have to PAY MORE to get some actual talent up there !!
T&A is cheap and plentiful, an' that's all they need to keep the men-folk interested -- so that's all we'll ever get.
We men look at this stuff A LOT differently than the gals do --- to most of us, complaining about Brooke's lack of smarts is like complaining about your bank because it doesn't sell groceries !!
Men looking at Brooke are less inclined to think of a "chalkboard" -- MUCH more likely to think of a headboard !
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
6. RE: DWTS Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 24 2011, 6:43 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 24 2011, 6:43 AM EDT
SlikLizard, you make me LOL, great last comment! Bet you are missing Edyta too. Now THERE'S a body! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

bjp0509
7. RE: dwts Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 25 2011, 12:30 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 25 2011, 12:30 AM EDT
I just started watching dwts again and enjoyed it very much, But if i see Chris Brown on the show, perform or otherwise, im going to change the channel to NBC and tell every patient i see in my emergency room to do the same. Do you find this valuable?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
8. RE: DWTS Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 25 2011, 3:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 25 2011, 3:03 AM EDT
LOLs are good, Ma'am !!!
I'd rather put a smile on YOUR face than put a dollar in MY pocket !!

My handle is SlikLizrd, 'cause I come from Slick Lizard, Alabama. They usta call me "Slick" for short -- but not for long !!
A "slick lizard" is the hillbilly term for a salamander -- same creature, but less syllables.
In keeping with the Godawful laziness of Southerners, I took out the "c" and the "a" to save key strokes. ;>)
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
9. RE: dwts Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 25 2011, 3:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 25 2011, 3:09 AM EDT
When it comes to changing channels, there's only ONE thing you need to remember:

TURN OFF FOX !! -- It's BAD NEWS for America !!!
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
10. RE: dwts Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 31 2011, 8:53 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2011, 8:53 AM EDT
"When it comes to changing channels, there's only ONE thing you need to remember:

TURN OFF FOX !! -- It's BAD NEWS for America !!!"
now don't get me started on Fox...wrong forum for that...lol...oh and thanks for a great excuse for all my typos that I'm sure will happen throught the season....I'm leavin out letters to save keystrokes...lol....keep up the great work slik!
Do you find this valuable?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
11. RE: dwts Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 31 2011, 8:55 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2011, 8:55 AM EDT
it's good to be back with the crew here but wish the boards had a little more action...I'll try to contribute but I'm in the last month of school looking torward graduation so my time is limited. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
12. RE: dwts Season 12 Episode 1
Mar 31 2011, 11:43 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2011, 11:43 AM EDT
"it's good to be back with the crew here but wish the boards had a little more action...I'll try to contribute but I'm in the last month of school looking torward graduation so my time is limited."
Great to see a familiar "face"-we look alike-LOL. Glad I don't have anything like my graduation to interfer with my DWTS time. Happy studying and we will look forward to hearing from you when you can write.
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
13. RE: dwts Season 12 Episode 1
Apr 1 2011, 8:39 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 1 2011, 8:39 PM EDT
Stay in school. You've got A LOT to learn --
One may omit letters of a word or phrase to shorten it, BUT -- the meaning and/or pronunciation of the word or phrase cannot change -- as I have done with "SlikLizrd".

YOUR omission of the letters "ou" from the word throughout is an example of carelessness. Your prof won't buy the "saving keystrokes" defense !!! :>)
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
14. RE: dwts Season 12 Episode 1
Apr 2 2011, 12:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 2 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
"Stay in school. You've got A LOT to learn --
One may omit letters of a word or phrase to shorten it, BUT -- the meaning and/or pronunciation of the word or phrase cannot change -- as I have done with "SlikLizrd".

YOUR omission of the letters "ou" from the word throughout is an example of carelessness. Your prof won't buy the "saving keystrokes" defense !!! :>) "
ouch.....that was a true typo Slik.....and I never saw it till just now....thank goodness I have spell check for school work...lol...maybe I need spell check here too....and dear cathieil my twin...good to see you as well!.....I am sure you are probably much better looking than my awful mug.....hope everyone is enjoying the weekend...;)
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
15. RE: dwts Season 12 Episode 1
Apr 2 2011, 12:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 2 2011, 12:08 PM EDT
ok...I decided to add a somewhat recent mug shot....I was being arrested for throwing a brick through a tv at a resturant that was showing Glen Beck....lol...not really Slik but I do feel the temptation.....have a good one everyone!! Do you find this valuable?