Discussion: New Hostess please!!!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 25 of 25  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
20. RE: New Hostess please!!!
May 3 2011, 11:45 AM EDT | Post edited: May 3 2011, 11:45 AM EDT
Yo, Bah !!!
Ain't you takin' this whole Brooke-bashing thing just a bit TOO far !???

I mean, "there is only so much you can tolerate" sounds as if you were placed under duress and forced to watch as Brooke pulled the legs off of helpless bunnies and fed them to starving pit bulls !!!

Brooke seems to be improving -- no more dresses with mysterious bulging shapes (GOD, that thing was awful!!!), and her questions and comments have grown to include complete sentences, too !!

As for replacing Brooke with a MAN --- Please don't take a fence, but that's NOT a good idea, in my view --
Personally, I think the second man on the stage would appear redundant, as Tom Bergeron is MORE than competent to handle his half of a team, and the concept of a "Host and Hostess" has been around and proven to be a success, going back to the days of George Burns and Gracie Allen, Desi & Lucy, Ralph & Alice Kramden, Fred & Wilma Flintstone, and even to the modern-day Homer & Marge Simpson, not to mention the most famous couple in America, Barack and Michelle Obama !!
Men and women belong together -- when it comes to wholesome family entertainment, it's as natural as daylight !!!
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

carolyn2caroline
21. RE: New Hostess please!!!
May 4 2011, 5:06 PM EDT | Post edited: May 4 2011, 5:06 PM EDT
oh please I couldn't agree more.. Wher in the heck does she shop BTW SlutsRus? and the dress she wore last night looked like she had one of Maddonas' old cone bra cups on the shouder! Do you find this valuable?    

bah1214
22. RE: New Hostess please!!!
May 9 2011, 9:53 AM EDT | Post edited: May 9 2011, 9:53 AM EDT
It's not that I hate Brooke, but I feel not that she has been on, for what 2 or 3 seasons now, she doesn't seem to have improved any as an interviewer. She asks people the same stupid questions no matter what the situation is. As a former contestant/winner of the show she should realize when to ask things and what to ask. I'm also getting tired of her asking a question and then letting the person get a couple words out and then cut them off like she could care less what the answer to the question was to begin with. I know they have to keep the show moving along, but if you don't have time for the reply then don't ask the question. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

artsandcrafts61
23. RE: New Hostess please!!!
May 30 2011, 11:14 AM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
I have felt the same as most of you concerning Brooke's ineffectiveness as a good co-host on DWTS almost from day one of her hosting. She has no personality, so dry, monotone and boring. I think Mary Hart from ET would be great. She's loaded with personality. She's warm and has a ton of hosting, interviewing experience. She's also very well-liked. Or Leeza Gibbons. Both would be great, IMO. I have a feeling Tom feels the same as most of us. I thought Samantha Harris was also dull, asked the stupidest questions, and was just totally out of her element. (whatever that is). Lol! Do you find this valuable?    

cathieil
24. RE: New Hostess please!!!
May 31 2011, 8:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 6 2011, 4:36 AM EDT
"It's not that I hate Brooke, but I feel not that she has been on, for what 2 or 3 seasons now, she doesn't seem to have improved any as an interviewer. She asks people the same stupid questions no matter what the situation is. As a former contestant/winner of the show she should realize when to ask things and what to ask. I'm also getting tired of her asking a question and then letting the person get a couple words out and then cut them off like she could care less what the answer to the question was to begin with. I know they have to keep the show moving along, but if you don't have time for the reply then don't ask the question."
I sure have done my share of Brooke bashing and now is not the time to stop even tho I am convinced that she won't be replaced. I do think she has made some miniscule progress this season with her questions. But you are right about her cutting people off, it is so annoying not to mention rude. And the clothes!?! I thought the white gown she wore Monday nite for the final dances was beautiful, one of her best. And then Tuesday she shows up looking like she dove head first into a giant purple petunia. UUUUGGGGGLY!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)