Discussion: Unfairness on the playing fieldReported This is a featured thread

Showing 9 posts

LoriCoy
Unfairness on the playing field
Nov 23 2010, 8:19 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 8:19 PM EST
I have had it with this show. Over the years, I have seen unfairness with the playing field with stars having more experience then others. This season was way unfair with the playing field. It is bad enough to have singers on, who have dance choreography and some dance, but to have someone who has had lots of dancing in her back ground goes beyond fairness. Either the show should be one way or another. But to play one against the other, is unethical. The judges act like it is such a big deal throwing praise left and right, but what do they expect? The show is suppose to be for stars who have no dance, and make it to the end, by becoming the best dancer. How can that happen when you have someone who is, or close to being a professional. Everyone should start at the same level. Not having more or less then the others. If they are singers, ice skaters, and or ballet, they all have an edge. Granted some of it may not be dance, but it still enters in one form or another. At this point, I don't feel like I am going to continue to watch if this is how it is going to continue to be allowed. There is no point, as you know who is going to get it in the end. I knew the first week who was going to get it, and sure enough she did. I have nothing against Jennifer Grey. I love her, but it wasn't right to have her on there. It would have been ok, if she had everyone else she was competing with, who also had the same background. That is like putting third grader in a spelling b, with an 8th grader. Hellooooooooooooooooo, whose going to win????????????????????????????????????????? I am just really turned off. I once had really enjoyed the show, but I don't think I can, if this set the stage of what is to become. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: fairness

RobbRodd
1. RE: Unfairness on the playing field
Nov 24 2010, 3:27 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 3:27 AM EST
good post, jennifer is a professional dancer, and a good one. The premise of the show was supposed to be that a professional took on an amerature, of some sort of celebrity staus, like Kyle, or Bristol, and you watched their progress over the weeks, and america chose at the end. liberals have managed to make this a political event, it's astounding at their obvious sour grapes from the mid terms.. picking on a child.
yea you!!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
2. RE: Unfairness on the playing field
Nov 24 2010, 3:56 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 3:56 AM EST
I agree !! The whole thing was TOTALLY un-fair !!
20-year-old Bristol Palin had to compete against an overweight rapper, a football player, a septuagenarian, a giant, and a 50-year-old with hardware in her spine.

I tell ya, it was awful how they made poor Bristol face the reality that her narcissistic mother put her up there to get the publicity for herself, knowing full well that the overweight, sluggish Bristol would have to face the agony of defeat ALL ALONE, because the self-described "Mama Grizzly" was at a book-signing in Phoenix.

Yep, it was totally unfair how Sarah Palin abandoned her when Bristol needed her by her side.
I wonder how many times Sarah Palin's children were left to fend for themselves while she went off to God-knows-where to seek her political fame and fortune.
But hey, Bristol -- it isn't like you weren't warned. It wasn't long ago that Sarah dragged out her special-needs child and waved him around for all to see -- at 10:30 pm, with loud music blaring amid the cacophony that was the Republican convention.

Yep. Totally unfair, unprincipled, and un-freakin'-believeable !!!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

mld45
3. RE: Unfairness on the playing field
Nov 24 2010, 4:52 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 4:52 AM EST
I agree totally... But another thing no body caught is that the "Producers of the Show" dictated the winner. Didn't anyone notice that in the final the judges used 4 sets of scores over 2 days, but the viewers only voted once! The scoring was supposed to be 50/50, but in order to predict or dictate the outcome, I think it was because of Palin's fan base... but isn't that the purpose of the SHOW? When Bristol beat Brandy there was only a 1.9% separation before the fans voted and it was those fans who moved / pushed her in front of Brandy. What bothers me is that they altered or change the scoring for the Final! By the way I did not vote for anyone in DWTS in any season. Just a non biased viewer. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
4. RE: Unfairness on the playing field
Nov 24 2010, 6:36 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 6:36 AM EST
"I agree totally... But another thing no body caught is that the "Producers of the Show" dictated the winner. Didn't anyone notice that in the final the judges used 4 sets of scores over 2 days, but the viewers only voted once! The scoring was supposed to be 50/50, but in order to predict or dictate the outcome, I think it was because of Palin's fan base... but isn't that the purpose of the SHOW? When Bristol beat Brandy there was only a 1.9% separation before the fans voted and it was those fans who moved / pushed her in front of Brandy. What bothers me is that they altered or change the scoring for the Final! By the way I did not vote for anyone in DWTS in any season. Just a non biased viewer. "
I don't know for sure that the scoring was rigged -- and there's no way that anyone could know FOR SURE, one way or the other.
However -- one would think that there has GOT to be a better way to determine a winner !!
I hope the big-wigs at ABC will not subject us to any more of Sarah Palin's political shennanigans -- God knows we've had all the T-bagger, mama-grizzly, I-can-see-Russia-from-my-back-porch, drill, baby, drill crapola that America can stand !!!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
5. RE: Unfairness on the playing field
Nov 24 2010, 6:58 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 6:58 AM EST
"I have had it with this show. Over the years, I have seen unfairness with the playing field with stars having more experience then others. This season was way unfair with the playing field. It is bad enough to have singers on, who have dance choreography and some dance, but to have someone who has had lots of dancing in her back ground goes beyond fairness. Either the show should be one way or another. But to play one against the other, is unethical. The judges act like it is such a big deal throwing praise left and right, but what do they expect? The show is suppose to be for stars who have no dance, and make it to the end, by becoming the best dancer. How can that happen when you have someone who is, or close to being a professional. Everyone should start at the same level. Not having more or less then the others. If they are singers, ice skaters, and or ballet, they all have an edge. Granted some of it may not be dance, but it still enters in one form or another. At this point, I don't feel like I am going to continue to watch if this is how it is going to continue to be allowed. There is no point, as you know who is going to get it in the end. I knew the first week who was going to get it, and sure enough she did. I have nothing against Jennifer Grey. I love her, but it wasn't right to have her on there. It would have been ok, if she had everyone else she was competing with, who also had the same background. That is like putting third grader in a spelling b, with an 8th grader. Hellooooooooooooooooo, whose going to win????????????????????????????????????????? I am just really turned off. I once had really enjoyed the show, but I don't think I can, if this set the stage of what is to become."
Jennifer os 50.....her "dance" experience is from 30 yrs ago....that was on a film where there are multiple takes to get each scene right.....and she's had neck surgery and knee problems.....give me a break
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
6. RE: Unfairness on the playing field
Nov 24 2010, 7:01 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 7:01 AM EST
"I don't know for sure that the scoring was rigged -- and there's no way that anyone could know FOR SURE, one way or the other.
However -- one would think that there has GOT to be a better way to determine a winner !!
I hope the big-wigs at ABC will not subject us to any more of Sarah Palin's political shennanigans -- God knows we've had all the T-bagger, mama-grizzly, I-can-see-Russia-from-my-back-porch, drill, baby, drill crapola that America can stand !!!"
hey silk...ya fergot hunting wolves from helicopters!!!.....lol
Do you find this valuable?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
7. RE: Unfairness on the playing field
Nov 24 2010, 7:49 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 7:49 AM EST
"hey silk...ya fergot hunting wolves from helicopters!!!.....lol"
Please don't take a fence, but I "forgot" it on purpose, Ma'am -- only schmucks like the Palins would consider shooting wolves from helicopters as "hunting".

RobbRodd
8. RE: Unfairness on the playing field
Nov 24 2010, 10:24 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 10:24 AM EST
"Please don't take a fence, but I "forgot" it on purpose, Ma'am -- only schmucks like the Palins would consider shooting wolves from helicopters as "hunting".

"
someone needs to get a life