Discussion: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 19 of 19  |  Show  posts at a time

Wild-Kat
In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Nov 23 2010, 5:28 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 5:28 PM EST
C'mon fans, tell us the truth! Now that the whole season has played itself out, were you surprised with the final outcome? 3  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

DianaYagudayev
1. disappointment week after week
Nov 23 2010, 5:55 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 5:55 PM EST
very disappointed with a certain couple wiping out all the other gracious dancers.... audrina, brandy, rick and the football player were not supposed to leave that early!!!! 6  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
2. RE: disappointment week after week
Nov 23 2010, 8:08 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 8:08 PM EST
I screamed (in a good way) when Bristol was out! But Iwanted Kyle to take it so bad...

I'm going to make a prediction: For Season 12, Derek and his experienced-pro will win the Season 12 mirror ball.
2  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
3. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Nov 24 2010, 7:09 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 7:09 AM EST
I was very much surprised....bur thank goodness the judges came through and scored Bristol below the others....although Len gave her a 9???....I just feel badly for those who were knocked out before the semi's...better dancers should have had a chance to compete longer! 4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
YvonneMooreFant
YvonneMooreFant
4. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Nov 25 2010, 2:15 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2010, 2:15 AM EST
"I was very much surprised....bur thank goodness the judges came through and scored Bristol below the others....although Len gave her a 9???....I just feel badly for those who were knocked out before the semi's...better dancers should have had a chance to compete longer!"
This is my last season to watch...Perhaps Max & millionaire R&B stars can their own professional show...DWTS is stupid when it comes top judging. Waste of time for hard-working pro dancers...and waste of time for fair minded people.
3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

bluerthanyou
5. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Nov 25 2010, 2:47 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2010, 2:47 AM EST
I was happy to hear that the fans gave Bristol the finger instead of her giving the fans the finger. Her classless remarks just proved how undeserving she was to come away with the trophy. I will not be watching any more seasons of DWTS because of ABC's stupidity in ruining a totally entertaining show. 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

jrwelch
6. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Nov 25 2010, 2:52 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2010, 2:52 AM EST
I loved that Jennifer and Derek won!They were the best from the start. 5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

MrAndre76
7. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Nov 25 2010, 4:47 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2010, 4:47 AM EST
I was very happy with the results. Everyone knows that Bristol should not even have been there. If Brandy had stayed, the finals would have been far more dramatic. She may have even beaten out Jennifer.
Sadly thought I will not get sucked into watching DWTS next year unless there is major change in the judging and weight of the scores (judges vs fans). Dumbing down the dances and inflating the scores for Bristol did nothing except destroy the judges' credibility and ruin a good show for everyone else.
7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
MarkOwen
MarkOwen
8. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Nov 25 2010, 7:43 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2010, 7:43 PM EST
I've said before that people should get only one vote only and the judges score should be 75%. the problem is we all like the underdog but this is a dance show not a popularty contest. as far as the show I think no one should leave for 3 weeks this gives everyone a better start.. I will be watching next year "let the cry babies go. My only hope is the ones that leave go to school or pick up a book and learn about how our country was founded and where it's headed so the next election they will really understand they are voting for leaders to help this great country NOT a dance show or an Idol show .Wake up People This is TV . NOT HISTORY. Contgrats to Jennifer and Derek. just my .02 cents . 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
9. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Nov 26 2010, 5:57 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2010, 5:57 AM EST
"C'mon fans, tell us the truth! Now that the whole season has played itself out, were you surprised with the final outcome?"
Was I surprised at the outcome !!???
Well, considering that no one KNEW who would actually WIN the so-called "dancing contest", it's a given that we were ALL surprised when they finally announced the winner.
But you asked for "the truth" -- which is a lot of different things to a lot of different people.
The "truth", as I see it, is this:
Despite a concerted effort by the nefarious Palinistas to sabotage the voting system and steal the win from any legitamate contenders, the REAL DWTS fans were rewarded with a win by the very best couple on the dance floor.
A Poll put up right here at the DWTS site tells the whole story -- as of 1 hour ago:
Results =
1.- Jennifer
2.- Kyle
3.- Bristol
80% of us voted that the over-all results turned out "Just Right".
11.4 % of us said Kyle should have won.
8.6 % of us said that Bristol should have won.
Remember, this is a Poll of DWTS Fans, by DWTS Fans, and for DWTS fans -- regardless of their faith, color, or creed.
The real surprise here is that we FINALLY got a reading on just how UN-popular and DIS-liked Bristol and the Palin family really is !!
Without FoxNews, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, or any of the T-bagger crazies telling us how we should vote in order to become "true Americans", we overwhelmingly chose the very best dancers to win -- and soundly rejected the darling of the Palinistas.
As a bonus comes the welcome news that Sarah Palin's TV show dropped FORTY PERCENT of it's viewers in the 2nd week !!
Now, THAT'S change we can believe in !!!
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
10. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Nov 29 2010, 8:00 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 8:00 AM EST
"I was very happy with the results. Everyone knows that Bristol should not even have been there. If Brandy had stayed, the finals would have been far more dramatic. She may have even beaten out Jennifer.
Sadly thought I will not get sucked into watching DWTS next year unless there is major change in the judging and weight of the scores (judges vs fans). Dumbing down the dances and inflating the scores for Bristol did nothing except destroy the judges' credibility and ruin a good show for everyone else."
Amen Mr. Andre, there isn't one thing in your post that I don't agree with. As much as I have loved DWTS since it's inception, I will be thinking long and hard about investing my time next season. I guess I will wait until the new cast is announced and if ANYONE even has a hint of political (or religious) agenda or isn't in SOME way a "star", I am gone. This season was a complete fiasco. Judges never scored on an equal plain. Even tho Bristol's scores had her in the bottom week after week, the scores were usually not significantly lower. They treated her with kid gloves and it wasn't fair to the others, especially to Brandy. To have given Bristol and Brandy the same score on their 1st dance in the semi-final was a complete farce. If ABC has been paying attention to this website and it's own I would hope they taking note of all the unhappiness with this show. I watch the show for entertainment and I don't want controversy.

And then there is Brooke. She has had enough time to come up with SOMETHING besides "How does that feel?" As wonderful as Tom is, is how bad she is. Just another turn off from what was once a great show.
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

MrAndre76
11. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Nov 29 2010, 5:07 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 5:07 PM EST
Well, Cathiel it remains to be seen whether DWTS changes at all. I think the producers thrive on the controversy and the drama. That's why I use my DVR and push through much of "drama" of the Tuesday night results show. I'd like to hear the judges defend their giving the same scores to Bristol and Brandy when they were obviously not even in the same league. To say she worked so hard to get where she was is absolutely absurd. The other dancers worked just as hard if not harder. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to hope for the best. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
12. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Dec 2 2010, 10:43 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 2 2010, 10:43 AM EST
Just saw on the web and on Inside Edition today that Todd Palin has been offered a spot in DWTS cast next season. Also Megan McCain was approached and turned them down. WHY all the politicos!!! I am DONE ABC, you've lost me. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

greenknees
13. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Dec 6 2010, 6:15 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2010, 6:15 AM EST
Agree with all those who lament the fall of DWTS from beautiful entertainment to an absurdity turning to controversy and politics to grab at ratings based on contrived results rather than fun competition. It is exactly like professional wrestling now, good guy/bad guy, scripted backstories, lame performances, outcomes without credibility. Another indicator of how far we've fallen. The guy who shot his TV was not that crazy. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

debbie1950
14. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Dec 6 2010, 7:36 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2010, 7:36 AM EST
No But I was very disappointed in the whole season and I won't watch it again and waste my evening 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
hottiegran
hottiegran
15. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Dec 6 2010, 11:05 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2010, 11:05 AM EST
Just a little surprised but I knew that with all the controversey it would get the non-voters off their keesters and VOTE! The right team won but one team should have never been there. And that's all I have to say about that....One last thing; I hope ABC will not do that again. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Babra7051
16. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Dec 6 2010, 1:21 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2010, 1:21 PM EST
I have to agree this past season was unreal. I knew from week 1 that Jennifer would win. How can they ask a star who has had previous dance experience to compete again people who have never danced before? This is not fair. The contestants are suppose to be people who have never danced before. It is more interesting and more fun when they are all equal. It was no competition this last season. As far as Bristol goes I do not believe she had a chance to win and I still am not sure what that was all about. I did see improvement each week from her and isn't that what its suppose to be about? I think the program likes to put someone on there that everyone can hate, as with Kate Gosselin in Season 10, which I think is downright cruel. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
17. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
Dec 7 2010, 12:11 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 7 2010, 12:11 AM EST
"Just saw on the web and on Inside Edition today that Todd Palin has been offered a spot in DWTS cast next season. Also Megan McCain was approached and turned them down. WHY all the politicos!!! I am DONE ABC, you've lost me."
Todd Palin on DWTS next year !!???
Thanks for the warning !!! If any Palins show up on DWTS again, I'm GONE !!
I just don't understand why ABC keeps forcing these Republicans (remember Tom DeLay, he was just sentenced to prison!?) on us, especially after so many DWTS Fans have spoken out against them.
Keep the politicians out of there, ABC !!! Your own Fan polls show that most of us don't want them stinkin' up the place !!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

lanalynn
18. RE: In this most controversial season, were you surprised w/ the outcome?
May 23 2011, 6:43 PM EDT | Post edited: May 23 2011, 6:43 PM EDT
I was not surprised @ all!Palin may have stirred up some controversy, however Jennifer Grey was the best dancer.Contrary to ABC belief that the Palin wave brought them more viewers. I strongly believe Jennifer did. Dirty Dancing facebook has millions of fans, they confirmed they saw a surge in their fansite after Jennifer went on DWTS.Am just so happy the best & most deserving couple won.Jennifer & Derek are the best of the best on DWTS! Do you find this valuable?