Discussion: Give credit to MarkReported This is a featured thread

Showing 3 posts

kaymar8
Give credit to Mark
Nov 23 2010, 3:47 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 3:47 PM EST
Mark took a someone who has no experience at acting or dancing and is still quite young and taught her to dance very well. He deserve the trophy as well as anyone. Not to many of the other male professional dancers would have had the patience to work with someone that green. Example Kate plus 8 male instructor last season. I don't understand how people get so upset the show is about how taking someone who knows nothing and making someting of them. More often than not the stars have stage presence from acting and many have dancing and performing experience. I feel really bad for Bristol she has none of any of that and has really done fantastic. She has continued to have to listen to the negative publicity. After all this is only a tv show its for enjoyment. Mark has done a fantastic job 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Wilson67
1. RE: Give credit to Mark
Nov 23 2010, 10:50 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 10:50 PM EST
"Mark took a someone who has no experience at acting or dancing and is still quite young and taught her to dance very well. He deserve the trophy as well as anyone. Not to many of the other male professional dancers would have had the patience to work with someone that green. Example Kate plus 8 male instructor last season. I don't understand how people get so upset the show is about how taking someone who knows nothing and making someting of them. More often than not the stars have stage presence from acting and many have dancing and performing experience. I feel really bad for Bristol she has none of any of that and has really done fantastic. She has continued to have to listen to the negative publicity. After all this is only a tv show its for enjoyment. Mark has done a fantastic job "
I can say that Bristol did improve throughout the coarse of the season, BUT I don't feel that she was a strong enough competitor to have made it to the finals. None of the contestants had any kind of ballroom dance experience. Just because someone can do a hip-hop dance, does not make them a ballroom dancer, just gives them rythum. And you've seem to have forgotten that athletes were on that stage as well and I thought Kurt and Rick out performed Bristol! I think the reason people were so upset is because better dancers were getting eliminated. And you're right about the show being there for entertainment, but people also want to see it played out in a fair honest way. It's supposed to be a dancing contest and it would've been nice to see the very best in the finals. I'm very glad that Jennifer won because DWTS would've lost a lot of credibility had it been Bristol.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
2. RE: Give credit to Mark
Nov 24 2010, 7:23 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 7:23 AM EST
I do give credit to Mark...he worked with what he had....a slow, graceless, no personality shrew......in the rehearsal footage she seemed to do a lot of doubting and pouting.....and sitting!....her routines were poor......her jive in the monday show was at best a week 3 or 4 dance.....no quickness or sharpness...(see any Derek jive)......he had class to speak up for her .....and I think he did well with what he was given...hope next time he gets someone willing to work!!! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)