Discussion: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 23  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next

socalteve
Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Nov 22 2010, 4:04 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 4:04 AM EST
I hope it's not true. This has been a nice family program to watch. If this changes, it will really change the show and not for the better. This is not the venue for this.

It's not something I want my kids to watch nor is it how they were raised.
Leave the program the way it is..
2  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
1. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Nov 22 2010, 6:30 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 6:33 AM EST
"I hope it's not true. This has been a nice family program to watch. If this changes, it will really change the show and not for the better. This is not the venue for this.

Leave the program the way it is.. "
Not to worry !!! You can bet your sweet, homophobic ass that you won't see many gays on DWTS --- even though homosexuals make up a HUGE portion of the artistic community AND the entertainment industry, and ALWAYS HAVE !!
There have been gays in the military, the government, and in every walk of life since the dawn of mankind.
Don't want your kids to see gays on TV !!???
Whatzamatter, are you afraid they might learn the truth, which is that the same God that created you and me also created those gays and Lesbians, too -- and remember that the Bible says that we were ALL created in His/Her image, so, according to our holiest of Holy Books, those gays are just as God-like as you and me.
Children that were "raised" to believe that gays are inferior in any way often become confused when they discover that they were taught to believe such an obvious lie.
Besides, how do you know whether your own kids are gay or not !!???
They say that the Lord works in mysterious ways, and I'd think it would be mysteriously ironic if one or more of your kids turned out to be like Ellen Degeneres, Jim Nabors or Rock Hudson -- queer as 3-dollar bills, but admired by millions of people around the world.
Catholic Priests are more of a threat to your kids than gays on TV.
One other thing:
Research tells us that about 8 % of humans are gay. That means that if you know 100 people, 8 of 'em are gay. You'd better get busy and figure out who they are. Here's a clue:
Gays are generally far more intelligent, more compassionate, and more successful in life than the average person.
12  out of 14 found this valuable. Do you?    

josiejones
2. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Nov 22 2010, 12:17 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 12:17 PM EST
"I hope it's not true. This has been a nice family program to watch. If this changes, it will really change the show and not for the better. This is not the venue for this.

Get over yourself. I wouldn't want my kids to hang out with your bigoted, better than thou kids that have no idea what the real world is like. Don't teach them to be haters.
8  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
3. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Nov 22 2010, 9:40 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 9:40 PM EST

WOW !! Same-sex dancing partners on DWTS next season !!???
I can hardly wait !!! Maybe they'll have Ellen and Portia Degeneres --
But wait !! Now that DWTS has gone Republican with DeLay and Palin, mebbe they'll have more same-sex Republicans -- like Ann Coulter and Glenn Beck !!
Coulter as the dominatrix and Beck as the whimpering subject would make for great theatre.
Pat Robertson, Barbara Bush, and Dan Quayle would be my choice for judges, since they have extensive experience and an insider's view of the gay community.
A show with lots of gays, lesbians, and trans-gender people should be marked for mandatory broadcast at all Charter Schools to raise money for the Gay Pride parades and other gay activities, with the goal of establishing solidarity among the many gays and Lesbians in both the RNC and the NRA.
This just in -- Sheriff Joe Arpaio and Senator Russell Pearce of Arizona are rumored to be guests on the new show, and both will be announcing their coming-out very soon.
Stay tuned for more exciting news from gay Republicans as it happens !!
11  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

DebbieCrouse
4. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Nov 23 2010, 5:05 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 5:05 PM EST
Very good sild lizrd,
No-one could have said this any better.
10  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

DebbieCrouse
5. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Nov 23 2010, 5:08 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 5:08 PM EST
This is so funny 6  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

socalteve
6. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Dec 11 2010, 5:56 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2010, 5:56 AM EST
"Not to worry !!! You can bet your sweet, homophobic ass that you won't see many gays on DWTS --- even though homosexuals make up a HUGE portion of the artistic community AND the entertainment industry, and ALWAYS HAVE !!
There have been gays in the military, the government, and in every walk of life since the dawn of mankind.
Don't want your kids to see gays on TV !!???
Whatzamatter, are you afraid they might learn the truth, which is that the same God that created you and me also created those gays and Lesbians, too -- and remember that the Bible says that we were ALL created in His/Her image, so, according to our holiest of Holy Books, those gays are just as God-like as you and me.
Children that were "raised" to believe that gays are inferior in any way often become confused when they discover that they were taught to believe such an obvious lie.
Besides, how do you know whether your own kids are gay or not !!???
They say that the Lord works in mysterious ways, and I'd think it would be mysteriously ironic if one or more of your kids turned out to be like Ellen Degeneres, Jim Nabors or Rock Hudson -- queer as 3-dollar bills, but admired by millions of people around the world.
Catholic Priests are more of a threat to your kids than gays on TV.
One other thing:
Research tells us that about 8 % of humans are gay. That means that if you know 100 people, 8 of 'em are gay. You'd better get busy and figure out who they are. Here's a clue:
Gays are generally far more intelligent, more compassionate, and more successful in life than the average person."
Isn't freedom of speach great..... LOL
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

socalteve
7. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Dec 11 2010, 6:04 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2010, 6:04 AM EST
"Get over yourself. I wouldn't want my kids to hang out with your bigoted, better than thou kids that have no idea what the real world is like. Don't teach them to be haters. "
Intresting, I don't recall saying I hated anyone that was gay.... And my freedom of choice and speach makes me a biggot...
0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
8. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Dec 11 2010, 9:44 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2010, 9:44 AM EST
"Very good sild lizrd,
No-one could have said this any better."
Thanks, Debbie, but I'm sure SOMEBODY could have said it better -- but it was me that was passin' thru !!
I ain't lookin' forward to seein' the gays leaping gazelle-like across the stage on DWTS -- BUT -- when we stop to consider how many gays are among the stars of every facet of the entertainment industry, it's kinda hard to avoid them being on such a show.
That's why I say: What's the BFD !!??
Gays, like the homophobes and bullies that attack them, are a fact of life, and always have been.
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

DebbieCrouse
9. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Dec 13 2010, 5:48 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 13 2010, 5:48 PM EST
For yrs. now women have danced w\ women . On show's such as Dance Party, American Bandstand & other's thru time, let's not forget @ parties, in bar's, too many places to mention. I have grown children which r not ignorant when it comes to same sex couples, I explained about same sex couples as they grew up & they could make up their own minds but w/ knowledge. In my opinion those that have a problem w/ same sex dancing is just that (ur problem)! Since Palin was allowed on DWTS then anyone should be allowed. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
10. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Dec 15 2010, 10:37 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 15 2010, 10:37 AM EST
Well, Debbie, when ya think about it too much, it can get to be a sticky freakin' wicket -- 'cause the concept of THE DANCE can mean so many things to each one of us that a debate about what's "proper" would be senseless, even for those blessed with but middling intelligence.
Methinks the good citizens of America may be ready for
"Dancing With The Homies" -- but they ain't nearly ready for "Dancing With The Homos" !!
The problem is that there are too many folks who honestly believe that being gay is a matter of CHOICE -- when nothing could be further from the truth !! We're ALL born the way we are, whether it be gay or straight, black or white, Chelsea or Bristol.
;>)
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
JeffRiley2u
JeffRiley2u
11. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Mar 6 2011, 12:51 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 6 2011, 12:51 AM EST
What does Palin have to do with this subject? I have been an advocate of alternative dance schools for years. Trust me, there are already gay men and women dancing on DWTS, they just dance in the traditional male/female partnership roles. It will come in time,. but the time has not yet come. When it does, their will be a welcomed and major movement in the entire dance industry. By the way, all male teachers have to learn to follow or they can't teach the female and vice versa. 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
12. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Mar 6 2011, 3:06 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 6 2011, 3:06 AM EST
Palin has EVERYTHING to do with the subject -- which was gays and the idiots that hate them !!
Being the most popular idiot in the USA makes Sarah Palin the PERFECT choice for the subject to be ridiculed, derided, and exposed as the *******-crazy, child-neglecting, politically brain-dead, religious extremist that she is !!!
You say that you've been an "advocate" of alternative dance schools for years.
Then surely you MUST be aware that Sarah Palin and the rest of her Republican cohorts have been working to de-fund and/or destroy the US government's support for the performing arts for DECADES !!!
Republicans, including Sarah Palin, have sworn to destroy the concept of Liberal Arts way back in the days of the John Birch Society of the '60s.
Well, they're baaaaaack, and the newly-elected Republican majority of the House of Representatives will be re-introducing bill after bill in an effort to de-fund the Public Broadcasting System and any and all forms of educational programs.
Republicans are trying to keep us stupid, stupid -- and Sarah Palin is, among other evil things, a Republican -- ready and waiting to deprive the American society of the very institutions that made our country the envy of the modern world !!
That "major movement in the entire dance industry" that you speak of is a pipe dream. If the Republicans get their way, you won't even be able to dance for pennies on the street corner !!!
Sarah Palin has EVERYTHING to do with the subject of dance -- at least in the sense that her chosen political party is hell-bent on destroying the performing arts !!!
You sound like you actually care about the art of dance -- and you also sound like someone who has no freakin' clue as to who your enemies are !!
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
13. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Mar 25 2011, 5:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 25 2011, 5:09 AM EDT
I don't recall there being any same-sex dancing partners on DWTS so far -- BUT -- there were rumors circulating in boxing circles that Sugar Ray Leonard is gay, and has been reluctant to "come out" for fear of fan backlash.

I wonder if it's OK to have gays on the show, as long as they don't dance with another person that appears to be of the same sex !??

I guess the acid test would be if they put up Pee Wee Herman to dance with Ellen Degeneres -- THAT ought to get the homophobes worked up into a frenzy !!!
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
14. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Mar 28 2011, 9:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 28 2011, 1:10 PM EDT
I would welcome it but, shamefully, I don't think most of the DWTS audience is mature enough to handle it. The ridicule and name calling these dancers would have to suffer thru would be heartbreaking. Pro DWTS dancer Louis Van Amstel is openly gay. In fact, he and Niecy Nash in season 10 dedicated a dance to those suffering from discrimination of all kinds. While Niecy was not the best of the dancers, she was eliminated very shortly thereafter. Coincidence? I doubt it. Are there other gay dancers among the pros, I would think so and really world, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE??

My husband and I both have a gay sibling. And to anyone that thinks being gay is a choice-they are fools. Believe me, NO ONE would choose a life of ridicule and discrimination. It hurts me everyday to see people I love have to function in an intolerent world. Times are changing but SO SLOWLY. I hope I live long enough to see these wonderful people be able to enjoy their lives openly as couples, just like I can. And where a same sex couple can dance on a TV show without mothers or fathers falling all over themselves to "protect" their children from such a "terrible" sight. We are not brought into this world with an inborn predjudice. It is taught, it is learned behavior. And it is just SO wrong.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
15. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Mar 28 2011, 12:30 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 28 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
I think they should let same-sex partners on DWTS for ONE REASON ONLY --- I believe it would drive the homophobes and other bigots off the show, and hopefully drive off the homophobic VIEWERS, as well !!!

4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Heller1950
16. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Apr 6 2011, 12:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 6 2011, 12:38 PM EDT
"I would welcome it but, shamefully, I don't think most of the DWTS audience is mature enough to handle it. The ridicule and name calling these dancers would have to suffer thru would be heartbreaking. Pro DWTS dancer Louis Van Amstel is openly gay. In fact, he and Niecy Nash in season 10 dedicated a dance to those suffering from discrimination of all kinds. While Niecy was not the best of the dancers, she was eliminated very shortly thereafter. Coincidence? I doubt it. Are there other gay dancers among the pros, I would think so and really world, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE??

My husband and I both have a gay sibling. And to anyone that thinks being gay is a choice-they are fools. Believe me, NO ONE would choose a life of ridicule and discrimination. It hurts me everyday to see people I love have to function in an intolerent world. Times are changing but SO SLOWLY. I hope I live long enough to see these wonderful people be able to enjoy their lives openly as couples, just like I can. And where a same sex couple can dance on a TV show without mothers or fathers falling all over themselves to "protect" their children from such a "terrible" sight. We are not brought into this world with an inborn predjudice. It is taught, it is learned behavior. And it is just SO wrong."
This is a homophobic society, it will never ever change... How the word "Gay" every described being homosexual is beyond me...To be Gay is like some terrible stigma that the harder you try to act straight the more the homophobes smell you out and treat you like garbage. I bet more straight guys have been made to think they are Gay than we will eveer know... You have to pretend you like things you hate or else... Whoa what have we here, this guys has to be gay and the rumors start and another life is tarnished. I admire people that can come out but I could never ever be that brave.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
17. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Apr 6 2011, 6:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 6 2011, 6:03 PM EDT
"This is a homophobic society, it will never ever change... How the word "Gay" every described being homosexual is beyond me...To be Gay is like some terrible stigma that the harder you try to act straight the more the homophobes smell you out and treat you like garbage. I bet more straight guys have been made to think they are Gay than we will eveer know... You have to pretend you like things you hate or else... Whoa what have we here, this guys has to be gay and the rumors start and another life is tarnished. I admire people that can come out but I could never ever be that brave."
Heller, I agree with you on several points but I do think societies views are gradually changing. If the "1950" in you name indicates the year of your birth then you have certainly seen more extreme predjudice against gays than those say born in 1990. Look how views of interracial marriage have changed over the last 40 years. Gay marriage will eventually be accepted as well. I am 60-will it be in my lifetime? I can only hope so for every gay soul that I know God does love. I have faith that it will happen, please do too. In the meantime we need to celebrate the wonderful contributions we see from our friends in our daily lives and those we watch on film and on TV, gay or not.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
18. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Apr 7 2011, 9:42 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 7 2011, 9:42 AM EDT
Back the truck up, Heller !!!
This is NOT a "homophobic society" per se, but it is a society that has homophobes among it's members.
The homophobes are only a fraction of society-at-large, and the fraction has been becoming smaller with each passing decade.
What we HAVE seen is increasing intolerance and acts of violence being committed against the LGBT community by this small number of fanatical homophobes -- you know, the ones that are regularly exposed as hypocrites when their own homosexual affairs are discovered !!
You speak of "acting straight" -- which brings to mind the famous career of Rock Hudson, who starred in many films spanning 3 decades -- in ALL of which he played the parts of genuine, heroic, bona-fide, wholesome "He-Men", complete with love scenes with leading ladies such as Doris Day and Elizabeth Taylor.
Rock Hudson was indeed a VERY gay caballero --- and he "acted straight" as good or better than anyone in filmdom !!

I gotta admit that I'm a bit confused -- you speak as if you actually know what it is like to BE gay -- but the words themselves don't seem to be those of a gay person.

I'm not gay, and therefore I CAN not and/or WILL not speculate as to what is in the mind of a gay person, nor would I even ATTEMPT to convey the thoughts of a person with such a totally different perspective and physical makeup than my own.
i have known gays and lesbians for most of my 72 years, and I do not hate nor fear them -- in fact, my own personal philosophy dictates that I place LGBT people ABOVE the masculine or feminine extremes !!!
I look at it this way :
On the left, we have the most "Masculine" of males -- on the right, we have the most "feminine" of females -- and in the vast "middle" there are the billions of folks whose gender makeup falls SOMEWHERE in between those 2 extremes.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

SEAL76
19. RE: Rumors of same sex dancing partners....
Apr 11 2011, 8:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 11 2011, 8:16 AM EDT
I am getting tired of the show. Perhaps this will liven it up a bit. Or maybe bring it to an end. The show is too long. To many commercials and twice a week is too much. Should be one hour on Monday and one half hour on Tuesday. Homosexuals dancing together would not be a big deal. Girls dance with each other all of the time. Guys in the service have done it as gag as well. Who cares anyway. Wait and see. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)