Discussion: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!Reported This is a featured thread This thread was locked for the following reason: (none given).

Showing 41 - 47 of 47  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3
Shellena99
Shellena99
42. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 11:58 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 11:58 PM EST
"As a single father of 2 now grown children I have to say I am proud of them that when the age came around when they became sexually active they were both responsible in what they did. my daughter now 29 is still not an unwed mother and my son now 28 is not a father yet. Some "light" Bristol shines. I agree that I don't want my neighbors with teen daughters getting knocked up as my property value might go down as well. Such an example to todays youth, get knoked up as a teen and get on tv!!! Just what today's kids need to look up to. Keep drinking that tea flavored kool-aide Michelle!!!"
Well Mr. holier than thou, Good for you I guess, ( since it is after the fact ), if you consider that your accomplishment in life. Events happen. We are watching this show for the dancing not for what people are doing in their own private lives or what they have done. Your loathing of this young, beautiful woman and mother is very disturbing to me.
1  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Shellena99
Shellena99
43. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 23 2010, 12:25 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 12:25 AM EST
To SlikLizrd What is wrong with you.. That your children did or didn't get pregnant has little to do with your parenting skills they just were lucky. To wish someone to break their leg is wrong that there is not even a right in sight. What has any of your comments got to do with a dancing program anyway. Your kids would never qualify to be on this show as you are not a celebrity and neither are they. Bristol happens to come from a family that is in the spotlight and the show asked her to join their dancing teams. I think she should win as out of all of the contestants she is the only one who started out from zero experience. She not only has had to go through this rigorous training and stress of being in the spotlight with a national audience. She has also had to deal with the viperous haters like you and that is a lot to put on a young woman's plate, but she has tenacity and has stood up and moved forward. Most girls her age would have run for the hill to avoid that trauma. I find that an admirable quality in her and enjoy watching her improved dancing each week. 2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Shellena99
Shellena99
44. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 23 2010, 12:37 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 12:37 AM EST
I highly doubt "anyone" would want to be you SlikLizrd. Your thoughts and words are despicable. But your self love fest is amusing. 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
45. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 23 2010, 5:31 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 5:31 AM EST
"To SlikLizrd What is wrong with you.. That your children did or didn't get pregnant has little to do with your parenting skills they just were lucky. To wish someone to break their leg is wrong that there is not even a right in sight. What has any of your comments got to do with a dancing program anyway. Your kids would never qualify to be on this show as you are not a celebrity and neither are they. Bristol happens to come from a family that is in the spotlight and the show asked her to join their dancing teams. I think she should win as out of all of the contestants she is the only one who started out from zero experience. She not only has had to go through this rigorous training and stress of being in the spotlight with a national audience. She has also had to deal with the viperous haters like you and that is a lot to put on a young woman's plate, but she has tenacity and has stood up and moved forward. Most girls her age would have run for the hill to avoid that trauma. I find that an admirable quality in her and enjoy watching her improved dancing each week. "
What's wrong with me !!??
Well, thanks so much for asking, but according to my recent check-up, I may live to be 100 -- or more.
Blood pressure, heart rate, cholesterol, internal organs, etc. -- all very good.
No eyeglasses, no dentures, and a full head of hair.
Good health is no accident -- it takes hard work and discipline, and a willingness to sacrifice temporary pleasures for lasting satisfaction.
You should try it sometime !!
As for my "parenting skills", your criticism is both lame and inane, since you don't know anything about my family or their accomplishments, or what it took for us to arrive at this stage of our lives.
My girls didn't get knocked up because they were "lucky" enough to have caring parents that taught them well, and they were smart enough to know that "luck" is NOT a deciding factor !!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
46. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 23 2010, 6:08 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 6:08 AM EST
"I highly doubt "anyone" would want to be you SlikLizrd. Your thoughts and words are despicable. But your self love fest is amusing."
Well, arent YOU the flatterer !! I mean, it doesn't LOOK like it, but it's hard to deny your underlying fascination with me -- after all, you only have 3 posts on this thread about Bristol Palin -- and 2 of 'em mention ME by name !!
And, although you've tried to hide it, your love-hate for me sticks out like Duncan Clarke at a Klan meeting --and you have such a way with words, too !! It takes a real wordsmith to describe someone as both "despicable" and "amusing" in the same fractured paragraph. Bravo !!
But hey, it's all good--you can whack at me and my family 'til hell freezes over -- but nothing you can ever say about me will make Bristol Palin as good a dancer as you seem to think she is.
Perhaps, if and/or when you become mature, you'll understand that folks aren't "despicable" because they don't share your insipid values.
Good luck with that !!
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

gfgayle
47. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 23 2010, 6:49 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 6:50 AM EST
"To SlikLizrd What is wrong with you.. That your children did or didn't get pregnant has little to do with your parenting skills they just were lucky. To wish someone to break their leg is wrong that there is not even a right in sight. What has any of your comments got to do with a dancing program anyway. Your kids would never qualify to be on this show as you are not a celebrity and neither are they. Bristol happens to come from a family that is in the spotlight and the show asked her to join their dancing teams. I think she should win as out of all of the contestants she is the only one who started out from zero experience. She not only has had to go through this rigorous training and stress of being in the spotlight with a national audience. She has also had to deal with the viperous haters like you and that is a lot to put on a young woman's plate, but she has tenacity and has stood up and moved forward. Most girls her age would have run for the hill to avoid that trauma. I find that an admirable quality in her and enjoy watching her improved dancing each week. "
She AND mommy dearest CHOSE the plate. It was not shoved down her throat. She is the most disastrous dancer since Master P! Please send her home with only the shine in her rearview mirror, not a mirror ball!
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

wetjet
48. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 23 2010, 7:48 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 7:48 AM EST
Shellena99, I have said more than once, this site is for DWTS fans to voice their opinions, make comments about the show or the dancers (club feet, whatever). We should not be disrespectful to other posters for voicing their opinion whatever they may be. FREEDOM OF SPEECH is one of the things our vets and active duty personnel have fought and are fighting for. If not, you would not be able to be on this site talking s**t. Let's keep it real. Let's not attack each other. Let's make our comments about the SHOW/DANCERS, not personal!!!
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 1 2 3

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)