Discussion: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!Reported This is a featured thread This thread was locked for the following reason: (none given).

Showing 21 - 40 of 47  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Graceland25
22. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 9:12 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 9:12 AM EST
AMEN MICHELLE!!!! 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Graceland25
23. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 9:17 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 9:17 AM EST
Wow "Slick Lizard" Alabama...You must be really edumacated! Sounds like you've never ventured past your 1 traffic light? You're probably a Jerry Springer wannabe guest... 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
24. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 10:22 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 10:22 AM EST
"Well, Gracie, it looks like you guessed WRONG, because all that crapola you put up there are YOUR words, and have NOTHING to do with what I said or believe.
You say "It could happen to your daughters just as easily as anyone else ... Then what would you say?"
Back the truck up, Gracie -- because IT DIDN'T happen to any of my 3 daughters -- because we raised our daughters to understand that pregnancies DON'T "just happen" --- they are a direct result of very direct actions that should only be undertaken when any possible outcome will be beneficial to ALL persons involved.
Granted, that's an easy-to-forget lesson when you're celebrating your school's championship (Cyndi,Villanova,'85) with a class of harmone-spewing collegians, or scarfin' down Pearl Beer an' Shrimp Gumbo with your classmates at Tulane (Christine,'95) -- or partyin' like a rock star with your World-Champion skateboarder fiance (Traci,'99).
My girls faced their challenges, and they made the right choices.
So, Gracie, what I say is this:
Hey, Bristol !! I'm very, very, very sorry that your parents really, really, really suck -- and that you never quite became interested in learning to dance.
Break a leg !! Literally !!"
Silk keep up the fine work...I think ya got Gracie scared...lol.....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the last line of this post...it's classic and I couldn't agree more!!!
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
25. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 10:23 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 10:23 AM EST
"You seem like a truelly Unhappy Hateful Person who gets joy out of bringing others down....feel sorry for you! Would love to see your face when Bristol wins!!!
Which she will...HA!"
hmmmmmm...so you and all the other tea baggers got it in the bag eh?...and they haven't even danced yet!!!...interesting you know she's gonna win....which tea bag website did you learned to cheat...opps vote from????
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

overdalecourt
26. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 10:28 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 10:28 AM EST
Hi~~Thank you for your sweet heart and great perspective. Hopefully DWTS can think about making the changes you suggest. Keep up the dancing! Do you find this valuable?    

overdalecourt
27. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 10:36 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 10:36 AM EST
OOps! You must be perfect. I only know of one person who ever was....I'm not sure how old your daughters are--mine is 16--she hasn't made that mistake yet--but there's still time, isn't there? Our kids will do something we wish they hadn't--it's inevitable--we can only give them our best, watch them carefully and then hope and pray ,right? You don't have to appreciate Bristol's dancing--or even her teenage choices--but to go on record criticizing her? I would take just as good care (I'm a health care provider) of your daughters--who didn't make a mistake--as I would anyone's child who did make a mistake. Graciousness. patience and love works...I bet your daughters wouldn't want you to say what you did here...just a thought... 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

overdalecourt
28. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 10:43 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 10:43 AM EST
There's still time for your grandchildren to make a mistake though, isn't there? Lots of people sure cast stones around here. Wow....lots of perfect people. I believe her example was to admit she made a mistake, and try to encourage others not to do the same thing. I work within the sports medicine industry. it's pretty common for athletes to try to help young athletes stay away from substance abuse/enhancing drugs. The kids really listen when someone who has "been through it" talks to them. I actually think they are pretty inspired--just my experience... 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

wetjet
29. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 10:58 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 10:58 AM EST
"There's still time for your grandchildren to make a mistake though, isn't there? Lots of people sure cast stones around here. Wow....lots of perfect people. I believe her example was to admit she made a mistake, and try to encourage others not to do the same thing. I work within the sports medicine industry. it's pretty common for athletes to try to help young athletes stay away from substance abuse/enhancing drugs. The kids really listen when someone who has "been through it" talks to them. I actually think they are pretty inspired--just my experience..."
overdalecourt, people are always be who and what they are, including me. Now some of the athletes may have a right to help young people, but here we go again, they are not perfect either, otherwise we would not be reading and hearing about their steroid use or drinking and driving. That said, everyone has a right to say whatever they want to without being attacked. We don't need preaching on this site; we go to church for that. This is a sit to discuss the DWTS contestants, and to ***** if we want to, concerning the contestants. This ain"t the damn Brady Bunch.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
naninsuncity
naninsuncity
30. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 11:19 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 11:28 AM EST
Whaa, whaa, whaa. Poor little Bristol. Millions of girls have gone through what she did and came out of it fine. Unfortunately for her, it just happened to be in the middle of her mother's campaign. But even with that,, Sarah Palen has used it to her advantage. I'm sure that her mom was really pissed (can you imagine the scene at the Palen residence when that cat came out of the bag??!) For her mom, the timing was bad, but even then Sarah used it to her advantage..... "by golly!" They are both phonies. Sarah portrays herself as an intelligent candidate for President, and Bristol portrays herself as a poor misunderstood underling and dancer. Both wrong! 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Wilson67
31. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 1:49 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 1:49 PM EST
" I just threw a bit of hard sarcasm out there, Wilson -- which was actually directed toward the originator of this thread.
The gist of my post was about people that write gushingly and adoringly about nefarious characters -- which I consider the equal of blatant lying.
That said, my sarcastic note reflected that many folks don't attach any bad connotations to lying, but do not hesitate to bad-mouth Blacks, Mexicans, and/or Jews merely because of their race and/or faith.
I didn't think I had to explain it --- but that's the problem with sarcasm. Some get it, and some don't.
Sorry. "
Thanks for the explanation!
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

corgis10
32. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 2:50 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 2:50 PM EST
I watch this show for the love of dance, but it has turned into a popularity contest...no more/no less. Hopefully it won't be my last year of watching. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
naninsuncity
naninsuncity
33. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 5:43 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 5:43 PM EST
Are you actually Michelle Rowden or are you really Sarah Palen or a close realitive? What garbage. She doesn't belong on this show. She is not a star or a celebrity. Sorry "Sarah," she just doesn't have it. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
34. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 7:33 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 7:33 PM EST
"Wow "Slick Lizard" Alabama...You must be really edumacated! Sounds like you've never ventured past your 1 traffic light? You're probably a Jerry Springer wannabe guest..."
Gracie, you may be a really nice person and a credit to your ancestors -- but you ain't got a clue when it comes to judging other folks' knowledge, background, and/or demeanor.
But to be fair -- Slick Lizard, Alabama is a fictitious place -- but it may be filled with Jerry Springer wannabes, if that's what you imagine.
You sure blew it on the "never ventured past your one traffic light" speculation, too.
I've driven cars and trucks in all 50 states, plus provinces in Canada and Mexico, with military tours in the Far East -- President Dwight D. Eisenhower was my Commander-In-Chief. I had already gotten my Honorable Discharge from the USNavy when Hawaii and Alaska gained statehood.
I think Jerry Springer might want to be ME !!
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
35. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 8:17 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 8:17 PM EST
"OOps! You must be perfect. I only know of one person who ever was....I'm not sure how old your daughters are--mine is 16--she hasn't made that mistake yet--but there's still time, isn't there? Our kids will do something we wish they hadn't--it's inevitable--we can only give them our best, watch them carefully and then hope and pray ,right? You don't have to appreciate Bristol's dancing--or even her teenage choices--but to go on record criticizing her? I would take just as good care (I'm a health care provider) of your daughters--who didn't make a mistake--as I would anyone's child who did make a mistake. Graciousness. patience and love works...I bet your daughters wouldn't want you to say what you did here...just a thought..."
Overdalecourt -- You didn't call me by name, but it seems like you have trouble with folks that strive for excellence, and you indicate that you're talkin' to and/or about me, so:
My 3 daughters are 47, 43, and 34 -- I'm 72 and my wife is 64.
I really don't think there's a whole lot about the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of life that I could or would learn from you at this website.
Nothing personal, mind you -- but I'm old school, and I don't buy the modern "everyone's a winner!" crapola -- not for a nanosecond !!
In my day, you either won or you lost, and if you weren't as good as the next guy, you sat on the bench and STFU !!!
We didn't cheer for lousy players just because they were "popular" or "likeable" -- or to avoid hurting some wimp's tender sensitivities.
By old-school standards, Bristol Palin's lack of confidence and the will to compete would have got her thrown out on her fatside in a heartbeat.
To me, the class act was the Little Lady with 50 birthdays and the hardware in her spine.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Wilson67
36. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 8:52 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 8:52 PM EST
"Overdalecourt -- You didn't call me by name, but it seems like you have trouble with folks that strive for excellence, and you indicate that you're talkin' to and/or about me, so:
My 3 daughters are 47, 43, and 34 -- I'm 72 and my wife is 64.
I really don't think there's a whole lot about the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of life that I could or would learn from you at this website.
Nothing personal, mind you -- but I'm old school, and I don't buy the modern "everyone's a winner!" crapola -- not for a nanosecond !!
In my day, you either won or you lost, and if you weren't as good as the next guy, you sat on the bench and STFU !!!
We didn't cheer for lousy players just because they were "popular" or "likeable" -- or to avoid hurting some wimp's tender sensitivities.
By old-school standards, Bristol Palin's lack of confidence and the will to compete would have got her thrown out on her fatside in a heartbeat.
To me, the class act was the Little Lady with 50 birthdays and the hardware in her spine. "
Well said, well said!! And as someone who has a lot of metal in the spine, I'm rooting for the 50 yr old too!!! It's a tough injury to work around! Go Jennifer!!!!!!!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

gfgayle
37. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 9:33 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 9:33 PM EST
No, I do not think that was the message. My understanding of the message is that it sends the wrong message to 'glorify' or reward teenage pregnancy. There is a difference between teaching young people to recover from a misstep and rewarding deviant behaviour by putting it on nation-wide television.

We all make mistakes. Jesus Christ we all are not. Dancing is the premise of the show, not who my mom is or was.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

gfgayle
38. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 9:39 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 9:39 PM EST
SlikLizrd, I TOTALLY agree with you. Bristol is being rewarding for her misstep in life and her sad luck of the draw with her parents. From the beginning I got the impression the Bristol did not really want to be there. She probably 1) needed the money and 2) needed the publicity for her 'Lecture Tour'. Oh, and mommy dearest needed to pump up her 'reality' show. Any time Swamp People is a better show than yours you need to quit!!!!! 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

gfgayle
39. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 9:47 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 9:47 PM EST
"Gracie, you may be a really nice person and a credit to your ancestors -- but you ain't got a clue when it comes to judging other folks' knowledge, background, and/or demeanor.
But to be fair -- Slick Lizard, Alabama is a fictitious place -- but it may be filled with Jerry Springer wannabes, if that's what you imagine.
You sure blew it on the "never ventured past your one traffic light" speculation, too.
I've driven cars and trucks in all 50 states, plus provinces in Canada and Mexico, with military tours in the Far East -- President Dwight D. Eisenhower was my Commander-In-Chief. I had already gotten my Honorable Discharge from the USNavy when Hawaii and Alaska gained statehood.
I think Jerry Springer might want to be ME !!"
SlikLizrd, I knew I liked you for a reason. I am a 100% service connected veteran of Viet Nam. Thank you for your service. I salute you.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
40. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 9:55 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 9:55 PM EST
"Well said, well said!! And as someone who has a lot of metal in the spine, I'm rooting for the 50 yr old too!!! It's a tough injury to work around! Go Jennifer!!!!!!! "
Thank you kindly and muchly, Wilson !!
If you got that metal in your spine while in uniform, may God bless and keep you, and guide you and yours to a healthy and prosperous life.
I'm a "Veteran for Peace".
GO, JENNIFER !!
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
41. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 10:25 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 10:25 PM EST
"SlikLizrd, I knew I liked you for a reason. I am a 100% service connected veteran of Viet Nam. Thank you for your service. I salute you."
Thank you kindly and muchly, sir !!
Folks these days don't show proper respect for those in uniform -- an' they don't have no respect for their elders, either.
Somehow, people got the stupid idea that the children are to be consulted about how they will be fed, clothed, and provided for. They forgot the most important lesson:
Parents teach by showing and telling.
Children learn by asking and doing.
It's NEVER the other way around.
Thank you for your service to our country, and for helping to keep my family from harm. I salute you.

Y'know, things sure have changed a bunch since I was born -- the nation was united against our enemies back then.
Now-a-days, some fat-headed white guys get paid millions to keep us fighting among ourselves, and we follow airheads that relate to America's mothers as freakin' grizzly-bears !!
I mean, W-T-F !!???
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)