Discussion: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!Reported This is a featured thread This thread was locked for the following reason: (none given).

Showing 1 - 20 of 47  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 | Next

MichelleRowden
Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 18 2010, 11:40 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 11:40 AM EST
As a beginner in ballroom dancing, out of everyone on the show I have had the most encouragement from watching Bristol on the show. She came onto the show with no experience or even background experience and has done phenominally well. She's had no training prior to this in any related sports (ie Cheerleading, Martial Arts, or any sports), no training in acting to aid her in getting into a character, and as far as I no no training in musicality either. We wont even get into her getting beat on by the public/media a few years ago which was not only wrong but unethical and immoral on the part of those who participated in attacking her and her values.

Bristol is a beautiful dancer and needs to keep up dancing after the show is done. I think out of everyone on the show she needed to get this far more than anyone else. She has really started to blossom I just hope she hits her peak in dancing during the finals so we can all see and enjoy that moment. Bristol if you're reading this dont dance for anyone else at the finals but you, enjoy the moment, feel like a princess, remember you are a beautiful dancer and have fun dancing with Mark!

As far as the votes on the show go, I think the public may be speaking up and letting ABC know we'd like to see more people we can relate to on the show who haven't had their moment to shine in life yet. Up until Bristol all the other stars have had their moment in time. It might be time for a bit of a change up. Put stars with everyday people and have the professionals coach both or pin everday people against the stars in competition. Perhaps choosing those who have some sort of background that would help them though, ie martial artists, acting students, something. I think part of why Bristol is loved and voted for is because we can relate to her, she's the girl next door when you dont look at her being Sarah Palin's daughter. We all know someone like her. Keep dancing Bristol!
4  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
2. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 18 2010, 8:10 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 8:10 PM EST
Hey, Michelle !! How much did they pay you to write that drivel !!???
Neither my 3 daughters nor the neighbors' daughters on either side of me were knocked up at 17 !!
If Bristol Palin is YOUR girl-next-door, you should probably move before your property value goes down.
8  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

wetjet
3. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 19 2010, 7:18 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 7:18 AM EST
"Hey, Michelle !! How much did they pay you to write that drivel !!???
Neither my 3 daughters nor the neighbors' daughters on either side of me were knocked up at 17 !!
If Bristol Palin is YOUR girl-next-door, you should probably move before your property value goes down."
SlikLizrd, you never cease to amaze me. I sometimes come onto this site just to read your posts, especially if I need a good laugh and an AMEN!!! My sentiments exactly.!!!!!
6  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
4. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 19 2010, 8:31 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 8:31 AM EST
"SlikLizrd, you never cease to amaze me. I sometimes come onto this site just to read your posts, especially if I need a good laugh and an AMEN!!! My sentiments exactly.!!!!!"
Thanks, wetjet !!
A question for ya: Does "wetjet" have anything to do with watercraft, as in "jet-ski" !!???

I'm SlikLizrd 'cause I'm from Slick Lizard, Alabama.
They used to call me Slick, for short -- but not for long !!
3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
Bruno4
Bruno4
5. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 19 2010, 8:41 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 8:41 AM EST
" Thanks, wetjet !!
A question for ya: Does "wetjet" have anything to do with watercraft, as in "jet-ski" !!???

I'm SlikLizrd 'cause I'm from Slick Lizard, Alabama.
They used to call me Slick, for short -- but not for long !!"
I bet it has to do with a certain massage device!!!
1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

choolins
6. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 19 2010, 10:23 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 10:23 AM EST
how much they pay you for real??? 3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
8. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 19 2010, 10:58 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 10:58 AM EST
"As a beginner in ballroom dancing, out of everyone on the show I have had the most encouragement from watching Bristol on the show. She came onto the show with no experience or even background experience and has done phenominally well. She's had no training prior to this in any related sports (ie Cheerleading, Martial Arts, or any sports), no training in acting to aid her in getting into a character, and as far as I no no training in musicality either. We wont even get into her getting beat on by the public/media a few years ago which was not only wrong but unethical and immoral on the part of those who participated in attacking her and her values.

Bristol is a beautiful dancer and needs to keep up dancing after the show is done. I think out of everyone on the show she needed to get this far more than anyone else. She has really started to blossom I just hope she hits her peak in dancing during the finals so we can all see and enjoy that moment. Bristol if you're reading this dont dance for anyone else at the finals but you, enjoy the moment, feel like a princess, remember you are a beautiful dancer and have fun dancing with Mark!

As far as the votes on the show go, I think the public may be speaking up and letting ABC know we'd like to see more people we can relate to on the show who haven't had their moment to shine in life yet. Up until Bristol all the other stars have had their moment in time. It might be time for a bit of a change up. Put stars with everyday people and have the professionals coach both or pin everday people against the stars in competition. Perhaps choosing those who have some sort of background that would help them though, ie martial artists, acting students, something. I think part of why Bristol is loved and voted for is because we can relate to her, she's the girl next door when you dont look at her being Sarah Palin's daughter. We all know someone like her. Keep dancing Bristol!"
As a single father of 2 now grown children I have to say I am proud of them that when the age came around when they became sexually active they were both responsible in what they did. my daughter now 29 is still not an unwed mother and my son now 28 is not a father yet. Some "light" Bristol shines. I agree that I don't want my neighbors with teen daughters getting knocked up as my property value might go down as well. Such an example to todays youth, get knoked up as a teen and get on tv!!! Just what today's kids need to look up to. Keep drinking that tea flavored kool-aide Michelle!!!
5  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
9. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 19 2010, 12:53 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 3:30 AM EST
"Michelle is just one of the minions of the Palin family that smooches Sarah's keister to get paid like the ho she is. "
I imagine there are quite a few gals out there that would gladly take money for writing flowery essays about truly nefarious characters. I mean, WTF !?? It's only lying, which is only a little bit illegal --- it ain't like being guilty of something truly evil, like being born a Black, or a Mexican, or a Jew -- ya know what I mean, Bro !!???
HEE ! HEE ! HEE ! (that's my patented cackle).
Besides, those literates among us can pretty much figger out that the Palin defenders are playin' Texas Hold -'em with a Pinochle deck. The House has cleaned 'em out, an' they keep insisting that they're winners.
Pity the fools.
4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

chicago1975
10. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 19 2010, 1:31 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 1:31 PM EST
Statistics show that over 1/3 of all girls in the US will become pregnant in their teens. I hate to think that all you wusses are so shallow that you have to take your dislike of Bristol's mom out on her. At least she has taken responsibility for her actions and moved on with her head held high. So unlike you bragging about your children who either by the grace of God did not get pregnant or chose to have an abortion and just not tell dear old dad. 3  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
11. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 19 2010, 7:53 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 7:53 PM EST
"Statistics show that over 1/3 of all girls in the US will become pregnant in their teens. I hate to think that all you wusses are so shallow that you have to take your dislike of Bristol's mom out on her. At least she has taken responsibility for her actions and moved on with her head held high. So unlike you bragging about your children who either by the grace of God did not get pregnant or chose to have an abortion and just not tell dear old dad. "
Keep drinking that tea flavored kool-aide chicago
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
12. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 19 2010, 8:10 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 8:10 PM EST
"Statistics show that over 1/3 of all girls in the US will become pregnant in their teens. I hate to think that all you wusses are so shallow that you have to take your dislike of Bristol's mom out on her. At least she has taken responsibility for her actions and moved on with her head held high. So unlike you bragging about your children who either by the grace of God did not get pregnant or chose to have an abortion and just not tell dear old dad. "
OK, so Bristol was one of the 1/3 of the teens who got pregnant -- and all 3 of my girls were part of the 2/3 of the teens who didn't get pregnant.
And you're telling me that the pregnant 1/3 behaved in an equally responsible manner as the 2/3 of the gals who avoided any pregnancy, unwanted or not !!??? Are you a professional satirist, or did you just bump your head !!???
Bristol Palin responsible for her actions !!??? Gimme a break! She doesn't care enough about herself to control her own weight !!
Shallow wusses !??? Where !?? Where !?? Where !?? Perhaps your imagination is causing you to hallucinate. The next thing you may be telling us is that the paranoids are after you !!
Good luck with that !!
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

wetjet
13. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 20 2010, 8:36 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2010, 8:36 AM EST
"I bet it has to do with a certain massage device!!!"
To SlikLizrd, no, "wetjet" has nothing to do with any type of watercraft. It's has to do with some type of floor cleaning device which I saw on TV, and the name stuck with me. To Bruno4, I'm not clear if you are referring to me concerning the massage device statement, but if you are, you need to have respect for others, especially people you don't know. I want to keep this nice and clean and respectful, but I can get down and dirty with the best, YOU HEARD? This site is about DWTS. Let's keep it this way.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
14. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 20 2010, 1:57 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 20 2010, 1:57 PM EST
"To SlikLizrd, no, "wetjet" has nothing to do with any type of watercraft. It's has to do with some type of floor cleaning device which I saw on TV, and the name stuck with me. To Bruno4, I'm not clear if you are referring to me concerning the massage device statement, but if you are, you need to have respect for others, especially people you don't know. I want to keep this nice and clean and respectful, but I can get down and dirty with the best, YOU HEARD? This site is about DWTS. Let's keep it this way."
Sorry if ya took a fence, wetjet -- none was intended. Yours struck me as an unusual handle, an' I took a guess.
Please pardon any misunderstanding.
I cannot speak for Mr. Bruno, as I do not know his mind -- but he has been quite civil towards me, and respectful towards the posters, in general.
I don't think he meant to dig or slam you -- the benefit of the doubt would be appropriate, in my view.
Thank you.
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Wilson67
15. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 21 2010, 8:52 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2010, 8:52 PM EST
Are you watching the same show that I'm watching? The girl dances like a robot! There is nothing beautiful about her dancing!! And since when does playing football and acting have anything to do with a person's ability to dance? I've never seen football/basketball players warm up with the Tango before a game!! The show is called "Dancing With The Stars", not "Dancing With The Girl Nextdoor and Everyday People"! And if she is what represents the girl next door, then teen pregnancy is gonna be the "in" thing to do! 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Wilson67
16. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 21 2010, 9:03 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2010, 9:03 PM EST
"Damn, Bruno !! What you say about Ms. Michelle may be true -- but ya don't hafta whack her like that !!
I imagine there are quite a few gals out there that would gladly take money for writing flowery essays about truly nefarious characters. I mean, WTF !?? It's only lying, which is only a little bit illegal --- it ain't like being guilty of something truly evil, like being born a Black, or a Mexican, or a Jew -- ya know what I mean, Bro !!???
HEE ! HEE ! HEE ! (that's my patented cackle).
Besides, those literates among us can pretty much figger out that the Palin defenders are playin' Texas Hold -'em with a Pinochle deck. The House has cleaned 'em out, an' they keep insisting that they're winners.
Pity the fools."
Sliklizrd.... Please explain what you mean by your comment "It's only lying which is a little bit illegal---it ain't like being guilty of something truly evil, like being born a Black, a Mexican, or a Jew--ya know what I mean, Bro!!???"
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
17. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 3:49 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 3:49 AM EST
"Sliklizrd.... Please explain what you mean by your comment "It's only lying which is a little bit illegal---it ain't like being guilty of something truly evil, like being born a Black, a Mexican, or a Jew--ya know what I mean, Bro!!???""
I just threw a bit of hard sarcasm out there, Wilson -- which was actually directed toward the originator of this thread.
The gist of my post was about people that write gushingly and adoringly about nefarious characters -- which I consider the equal of blatant lying.
That said, my sarcastic note reflected that many folks don't attach any bad connotations to lying, but do not hesitate to bad-mouth Blacks, Mexicans, and/or Jews merely because of their race and/or faith.
I didn't think I had to explain it --- but that's the problem with sarcasm. Some get it, and some don't.
Sorry.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Graceland25
18. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 6:15 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 6:15 AM EST
Silklizrd... So I guess you've never made a mistake in your life? You're perfect... So I guess to you, since Bristol got pregnant at 17, she should forever hold her head in shame and Never assume that you can do anyhing positive with your life? I guess your message to any young girl who becomes pregnant should just consider their life over? It could happen to your daughters just as easily as anyone else...Then what would you say? 2  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
19. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 7:40 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 7:40 AM EST
"Silklizrd... So I guess you've never made a mistake in your life? You're perfect... So I guess to you, since Bristol got pregnant at 17, she should forever hold her head in shame and Never assume that you can do anyhing positive with your life? I guess your message to any young girl who becomes pregnant should just consider their life over? It could happen to your daughters just as easily as anyone else...Then what would you say?"
Well, Gracie, it looks like you guessed WRONG, because all that crapola you put up there are YOUR words, and have NOTHING to do with what I said or believe.
You say "It could happen to your daughters just as easily as anyone else ... Then what would you say?"
Back the truck up, Gracie -- because IT DIDN'T happen to any of my 3 daughters -- because we raised our daughters to understand that pregnancies DON'T "just happen" --- they are a direct result of very direct actions that should only be undertaken when any possible outcome will be beneficial to ALL persons involved.
Granted, that's an easy-to-forget lesson when you're celebrating your school's championship (Cyndi,Villanova,'85) with a class of harmone-spewing collegians, or scarfin' down Pearl Beer an' Shrimp Gumbo with your classmates at Tulane (Christine,'95) -- or partyin' like a rock star with your World-Champion skateboarder fiance (Traci,'99).
My girls faced their challenges, and they made the right choices.
So, Gracie, what I say is this:
Hey, Bristol !! I'm very, very, very sorry that your parents really, really, really suck -- and that you never quite became interested in learning to dance.
Break a leg !! Literally !!
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Francine2
20. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 7:40 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 7:40 AM EST
"Are you watching the same show that I'm watching? The girl dances like a robot! There is nothing beautiful about her dancing!! And since when does playing football and acting have anything to do with a person's ability to dance? I've never seen football/basketball players warm up with the Tango before a game!! The show is called "Dancing With The Stars", not "Dancing With The Girl Nextdoor and Everyday People"! And if she is what represents the girl next door, then teen pregnancy is gonna be the "in" thing to do!"
Agreed. The Palin girl is ALL FAKE. It doesn't look like she eve intented to actually exert herself. She's just after some money since her attempt to get a Reality Show with her Baby Daddy failed. Why feel sorry for her - it would take you 10 years to match her DWTS income if you worked at a dermatologist.
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Graceland25
21. RE: Let Your Light Shine Bristol!
Nov 22 2010, 9:11 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 9:11 AM EST
You seem like a truelly Unhappy Hateful Person who gets joy out of bringing others down....feel sorry for you! Would love to see your face when Bristol wins!!!
Which she will...HA!
2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)