Discussion: JSUWTS (Just Show Up With The Stars)Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts
OutfieldAngel77
OutfieldAngel77
JSUWTS (Just Show Up With The Stars)
Nov 18 2010, 6:49 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 6:49 AM EST
It isn't a "conspiracy"... It isn't because she has "improved" over the weeks. They all did. It isn't because people want the "underdog" to win or all the "underdogs" as opposed to the best overall season dancer/improvement would. Heck, Kate was a HUGE "underdog'....
Bristol glides with authority now. No offense and it isn't her fault.. nor her fans or her moms fans. Dereks face said it all. The pros come out and bust butt to get the "winning horse". This proves the voting system doesn't work. Someone could just show UP it seems and win because the popular vote wins. Even Maks said it proves how important it is to vote, discounting the fact the not near as good, not near as improved, can't truly dance well enough to win an entire season of DWTS and the trophy... BASED on who "registers to vote". The people who watch but don't vote... older folks who don't have a cell strapped to their arse or a laptop keeping their laps warm as opposed to a furball named Fluffy.... No wonder that guy shot his TV. There ARE a lot of frustrated viewers who believe its about the best dancer.. MOST improved dancer.. not popularity vote!
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
1. RE: JSUWTS (Just Show Up With The Stars)
Nov 18 2010, 7:29 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 7:29 AM EST
"It isn't a "conspiracy"... It isn't because she has "improved" over the weeks. They all did. It isn't because people want the "underdog" to win or all the "underdogs" as opposed to the best overall season dancer/improvement would. Heck, Kate was a HUGE "underdog'....
Bristol glides with authority now. No offense and it isn't her fault.. nor her fans or her moms fans. Dereks face said it all. The pros come out and bust butt to get the "winning horse". This proves the voting system doesn't work. Someone could just show UP it seems and win because the popular vote wins. Even Maks said it proves how important it is to vote, discounting the fact the not near as good, not near as improved, can't truly dance well enough to win an entire season of DWTS and the trophy... BASED on who "registers to vote". The people who watch but don't vote... older folks who don't have a cell strapped to their arse or a laptop keeping their laps warm as opposed to a furball named Fluffy.... No wonder that guy shot his TV. There ARE a lot of frustrated viewers who believe its about the best dancer.. MOST improved dancer.. not popularity vote! "
I'd like to be able to agree with you -- but I can't figger out what it is that you're trying to say !!!
Screw that "underdog" crapola -- it's NOT about "Dancing with the Underdogs" -- and what happened to other people on earlier seasons has NOTHING to do with what we've seen this year.
ABC is forcing us to watch the no-talent juvenile deliquent week after week after week, while depriving us of seeing the truly good dancers compete for the prize.
ABC is saying that we HAVE to watch Bristol Palin flounder around in order to see the actual performers do their stuff !!
I don't like that, and it seems like there are a lot more folks who don't like it, either.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
OutfieldAngel77
OutfieldAngel77
2. RE: JSUWTS (Just Show Up With The Stars)
Nov 18 2010, 8:12 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 8:12 AM EST
People are Twittering away conspiracy crap. Bristol was the one who basically is now comparing herself to the liked underdog.. that it has nothing to do with politics or publicity..
I'm pretty much saying what you are only w/o anger or dissing HER. She doesn't belong but she's there and it is BECAUSE of the calling/texting votes method used.
If I said "Dereks face said it all", which I did, and you saw his face... then one would know what side of what fence the post was on.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
3. RE: JSUWTS (Just Show Up With The Stars)
Nov 18 2010, 10:16 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 10:16 AM EST
"People are Twittering away conspiracy crap. Bristol was the one who basically is now comparing herself to the liked underdog.. that it has nothing to do with politics or publicity..
I'm pretty much saying what you are only w/o anger or dissing HER. She doesn't belong but she's there and it is BECAUSE of the calling/texting votes method used.
If I said "Dereks face said it all", which I did, and you saw his face... then one would know what side of what fence the post was on. "
Please don't take a fence, Ma'am -- none was intended, I assure you.
I agree -- Derek's face DID say it all -- but his and all the others' voices remained silent.
ABC should NEVER have put those hard-working contestants in the position of knowing that their commitment, diligence, and sheer effort are for naught.
I don't blame Bristol, and I never did. She didn't cheat me out of anything. My family watched the show in good faith, knowing that all the contestants would not be equal, and that judges often make un-popular calls. We are all mature enough to understand and accept that our particular "faves" could crap out at any time.
What neither Derek nor the rest of us were prepared for was the blatant defiance of every sort of code of conduct that's ever been used to judge a contest among dance teams.
Derek's face said what we were thinking -- W-T-F !!???
These people just told ME that a couple that could have beat ME out was just kicked off by a lumbering, semi-conscious juvenile delinquent !!!
Derek probly wondered if HE and JEN would be the next to be humiliated at the expense of the cursed Palin infestation.
Bristol Palin seems quite ignorant of the notion that she is just another pawn in the Sarah Palin game of narcissistic greed.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
OutfieldAngel77
OutfieldAngel77
4. RE: JSUWTS (Just Show Up With The Stars)
Nov 18 2010, 6:39 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 6:40 PM EST
Your reply was absolutely on target. We think the same thing, just two different approaches to saying it. Yours is more direct. W-T-F was spot on. To go that long and hard... That "lifes not fair" crap CAN be changed by those in position. Supposedly one guy is even claiming to have manipulated the system and cast something like 300 votes. Time to call this season a joke. Keep the politicians and their family out. Politics DO play dirty. Dirtier than your average anyway... 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
5. RE: JSUWTS (Just Show Up With The Stars)
Nov 18 2010, 8:23 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 8:23 PM EST
10-4, Ma'am -- I do tend to be a bit direct.
I met Dale Carnegie once -- he punched me in the face !!
HEE ! HEE ! HEE !
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)