Discussion: Palin Politics Prevail--Done with DWTSReported This is a featured thread

Showing 3 posts

TikiB
Palin Politics Prevail--Done with DWTS
Nov 18 2010, 3:25 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 3:25 AM EST
I was a regular watcher of DWTS from season 1. Why? Because I loved the dancing! Watching the best dancers move up in the competition and improving each week. This season has been so frustrating, not because of any political disposition I may have, but because it is clear that this season has allowed the ugly politics of today to creep into a show I watched to escape the talking heads, political pundits and double talk of politicians that fills the 24/7 cable channels. I think DWTS producers made a huge mistake bringing politics into the show. Is it any real surprise that there are questions of cheating among voters and people voting for dancers when they don't even watch the show? It seems that this must have been foreseeable to a reasonable person. After last week, and Brandy's removal, it is clear that this season is not about the best dancers moving up to compete in the final. Instead it has become as unsavory as our political discourse has become. With that, I bid a fond farewell to DWTS. You have lost me, and my social circle's DWTS weekly viewing party, as regular viewers. Charades and wine anyone? 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Bruno4
Bruno4
1. RE: Palin Politics Prevail--Done with DWTS
Nov 18 2010, 3:40 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 3:40 AM EST
well, the real craziness is that Audrina was sent home when she was 10 points ahead of Kurt Warner and 8 ahead of Bristol, which means Kurt needed at least 15% more (of the total) votes to pass her in week 6. That seems almost impossible when there were still 5 other dancers getting a bulk of the vote percentage. Could have the Tea Party voted Kurt past Audrina also? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

TikiB
2. RE: Palin Politics Prevail--Done with DWTS
Nov 18 2010, 4:44 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 4:44 AM EST
"well, the real craziness is that Audrina was sent home when she was 10 points ahead of Kurt Warner and 8 ahead of Bristol, which means Kurt needed at least 15% more (of the total) votes to pass her in week 6. That seems almost impossible when there were still 5 other dancers getting a bulk of the vote percentage. Could have the Tea Party voted Kurt past Audrina also?"
I think in the earlier weeks we see dancers voted off because they lack a defined fan base--in the case of Kurt Warner, he had football fans. I agree that Audrina should not have been voted off when she was if that decision was totally based on talent and dancing ability, but that is clearly not the case and I think she was among those who should have made it to, at least, the semi finals. My point is that once the semi finals begin, the remaining contestants should be among the best of the group. Here, this is not the case--and that is were is gets very disappointing. At this point in the show, as in past seasons, every contestant should be the best of the group and whatever you may think of Bristol Palin, personally or politically, she is not and never was among the most talented. My other point is that it is very sad that a show that has nothing to do with politics has, in fact, become so politicized that it is no longer enjoyable to watch. Simply by virtue of having such a polarizing political family on the show. I was also referring to the rumors about cheating the system and the point that on some facebook and twitter sites--which are encouraging votes for Bristol--those voting are not even watching the show--which makes it less enjoyable to those of us who do--or did. The real responsibility for the unfortunate results of this season lie not with Bristol Palin, teabaggers or any political persuasion--as I said in my first post, in the political climate of the day this should have been foreseeable and expected--therefore the responsibility lies squarely with the shows producers.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)