Discussion: Dancers are there by invitationReported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

chicago1975
Dancers are there by invitation
Nov 17 2010, 1:56 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 1:56 PM EST
I am ever amazed at the unprofessional demeanor of the judges and some of the pro dancers on the show. The utter look of shock and disbelief on the faces of the professionals last night as Brandy was eliminated and Bristol remained, was such a disappointment to me. Not only is the attitude unprofessional, but rude to "stars" that are only there because of the invitation of the network. I believe that many of us who vote for others than the chosen favorite, may be voting for the growth of other contestants, the enjoyment of what they bring to the dance, and as amatures ourselves, probably are not looking at the correct posture for a certain dance or whether the contestant is stepping heal first or toe first. I know the judges use this criteria in their voting, but don't believe many in the audience do. I think we vote for the people we enjoy watching the most! Half of the score comes from the judges opinion, half from the audience. Please don't act as though we in the audience are idiots just because we appreciate something different than you do. Part of the show's draw is that the audience gets to have a vote in who stays and who goes. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
hottiegran
hottiegran
1. RE: Dancers are there by invitation
Nov 17 2010, 2:07 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 2:07 PM EST
The show is called "Dances with the Stars" What makes Bristol a star? Unwed teen mother of a political mother, is that right? Maybe the execs of DWTS should consider inviting only 'stars' not someone related to a politician (of any party). Hopefully that would keep it non-political. I enjoyed the show so much but not so much now.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

chicago1975
2. RE: Dancers are there by invitation
Nov 17 2010, 2:18 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 2:18 PM EST
You would have to ask the network that question, since they're the ones who invite the "stars" to do the show. Whether or not a person meets our individual opinion of what a "star" is or not, does not make the ridicule and rudeness shown to some of the guests acceptable. This is not the first season this has happened to a person who has spent the amount of time needed to perform weekly and put their personal life on hold for the benefit of ABC. I think they are all worthy of respect and decency. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
hottiegran
hottiegran
3. RE: Dancers are there by invitation
Nov 17 2010, 6:08 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 6:08 PM EST
only worthy if politics are left out. in this case I think it ran amuck by a push from a certain family. Definitely not fair.and I think Miss BP should voluntarily drop-out. She has no talent, and never appeared to be interested. Danced like a wooden stick. And right now is deserving of ridcule and not deserving of any respect because she must know she doesn't belong. And the most improved dancer was Kyle who by the way IS a star. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)