Discussion: RE: The Judges Scores are BogusReported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

wetjet
RE: The Judges Scores are Bogus
Nov 17 2010, 7:38 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 7:38 AM EST
The judges had no problem giving Michael Bolton a "4" vote, so why not do the same for Bristol? And NO, she does not deserve to be up there with the BETTER dancers. If I were a contestant on that show you better believe I'd walk out, like I refuse to watch that crap anymore. The judges are wishy-washy anyway. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
RoseAlmo
RoseAlmo
1. RE: The Judges Scores are Bogus
Nov 21 2010, 2:07 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2010, 2:07 PM EST
"The judges had no problem giving Michael Bolton a "4" vote, so why not do the same for Bristol? And NO, she does not deserve to be up there with the BETTER dancers. If I were a contestant on that show you better believe I'd walk out, like I refuse to watch that crap anymore. The judges are wishy-washy anyway."
YOU RIGHT ON POINT ,I AGREE WITH YOU
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

gfgayle
2. RE: The Judges Scores are Bogus
Nov 22 2010, 9:54 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 9:54 PM EST
"The judges had no problem giving Michael Bolton a "4" vote, so why not do the same for Bristol? And NO, she does not deserve to be up there with the BETTER dancers. If I were a contestant on that show you better believe I'd walk out, like I refuse to watch that crap anymore. The judges are wishy-washy anyway."
Right on! I have been waiting for Len's "Enough is Enough" speech all season. Florence Henderson can dance rings around the poor dear little Miss Bristol who had to drive her truck all the way to Hollywood from the front porch in Alaska where her mom watches Russia!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
3. RE: The Judges Scores are Bogus
Nov 29 2010, 5:33 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 5:33 AM EST
After the wind blew and the poop flew, the talentless Bristol Palin was the first of the Finalists to get the axe from both the Fans AND the Judges -- which indicates to me that the Judges' scoring throughout the season was pretty much on-target.
Bristol didn't get a "4" because she wasn't as bad as Bolton -- and neither was anybody else!!
Agreed, the bored-looking Palin did not deserve to be there in the first place -- BUT -- it wasn't the judges that invited her, so they had no incentive to keep her in the contest.
Remember, the Judges scored Palin poorly in the beginning, but got kinda loose after the audience booed them if they didn't give Palin better marks than she deserved.
At the same time, we here at the DWTS Fan Site were becoming infuriated at the sight of better dancers being sent home because of Palinistas cheating the phone-in scoring system.
In the end, we found that the Judges' overall scoring of the 3 Finalists was exactly in line with the final outcome -- Jennifer wins, Kyle places 2nd, and the Palin girl is the loser.
Jennifer was at or near the TOP of the Judges' leader board every week, and Bristol Palin was at or near the BOTTOM -- every single week !!
That's the way the Judges scored them, and that's the way they finished !!
Can't blame the Judges for the Palinista cheaters, and we can't blame the Judges for putting the talentless juvenile delinquent on the show in the first place.
That's all about the politics of ABC -- copying FOX by promoting right-wing crazies such as Sarah Palin and Tom DeLay.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
4. RE: The Judges Scores are Bogus
Nov 29 2010, 8:16 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 8:16 AM EST
Even in the finale the judges were easy on her. That lifeless jive got 9's and how bad was the "Chicago" number?? Writhing in a cage and being rolled in a huge ribbon didn't show much dance ability to me. I thought she finally did her best dancing on Tuesday nite but she had no business being in that finale and getting the monetary reward for getting there. I realize that the judges had no blame in call in cheaters but they are responsible for not judging each dance on it's merits. Giving Bristol and Brandy the same score in the semi final was ridiculous. That IS their fault. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
5. RE: The Judges Scores are Bogus
Nov 29 2010, 5:12 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2010, 5:12 PM EST
"Even in the finale the judges were easy on her. That lifeless jive got 9's and how bad was the "Chicago" number?? Writhing in a cage and being rolled in a huge ribbon didn't show much dance ability to me. I thought she finally did her best dancing on Tuesday nite but she had no business being in that finale and getting the monetary reward for getting there. I realize that the judges had no blame in call in cheaters but they are responsible for not judging each dance on it's merits. Giving Bristol and Brandy the same score in the semi final was ridiculous. That IS their fault."
I agree that there were a couple of lousy calls, such as the Brandi fiasco, and I was probly AT LEAST as pissed off about it as anybody -- BUT -- to condem the whole season's scoring by the Judges for Brandi's lousy deal just don't seem right by me.
True, SOME of the calls were lousy, in my opinion, but I've never seen any contest in which I agreed with every judge's decision, so I try to take 'em with a grain of salt, so to speak.
Hopefully, there will be no more T-bagger Republicans thrust into the spotlight at our expense EVER AGAIN !!!
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)