Discussion: I thought this was Dancing with the StarsReported This is a featured thread

Showing 10 posts

ShawneWhite
I thought this was Dancing with the Stars
Nov 17 2010, 4:41 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 4:41 AM EST
Bristol Palin may be cute and has grown as a non-performer and dancer and done for herself well in a challange that normally would not be open to her, but really....... Someone's pockets are getting a little deeper to boost this girls moral and keep the Palins in the limelight. Bristol has done well. But if I wanted to see Dancing with the the Dental assistants I'd be watching the E! network 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
1. RE: I thought this was Dancing with the Stars
Nov 17 2010, 5:32 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 5:32 AM EST
You were right !!! It IS called "Dancing With The Stars" -- but they didn't tell us that they would send the REAL Stars home while they keep a talentless overweight teen absentee mother around because her quitter/loser mother's simple-minded fans gamed the phone-in system.
Shame on ABC for screwing the fans out of a fair contest !!!
And shame on me if I ever watch a network that tries to make fools of the viewers !!!
Good-bye, ABC !!!
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

pitypooh
2. RE: I thought this was Dancing with the Stars
Nov 17 2010, 5:36 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 5:36 AM EST
LIsten , why blame ABC? It is the viewer votes that are keeping Bristol on this show, She needs to do the right thing and step aside. I have no problem with her but she is just not the best dancer. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

katylady1964
3. RE: I thought this was Dancing with the Stars
Nov 17 2010, 9:44 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 9:44 AM EST
Okay do not blame ABC but who allowed her to get on the show; there had to be tryouts and stuff and an interview. Just because her Mom was a Governor does not make her an instant start 2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
4. RE: I thought this was Dancing with the Stars
Nov 17 2010, 9:58 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 9:58 AM EST
"LIsten , why blame ABC? It is the viewer votes that are keeping Bristol on this show, She needs to do the right thing and step aside. I have no problem with her but she is just not the best dancer."
I blame ABC because they put Palin on there to boost their ratings, and she's being KEPT on there despite being the worst dancer of the entire seaason.
The network created a monster, and they need to own up to their stupidity and apologize to their long-time fans for insulting them by selling a popularity contest as a dance contest !!
WE WERE CHEATED !! There's just no other way to describe the situation !!
And I really hope you don't actually believe that Bristol would "step aside" -- especially after her mother yelling at her to "Just take over !!"
However, I like your idea of Bristol "stepping aside" -- it would be right in line with her mother's footsteps -- like she abandoned her supporters and quit her job as governor because the investigations of misconduct were closing in.
As for ABC -- they KNOW what the problem is, and the head honcho is STILL defending his stupid move !!
If you enjoy supporting the actions that have lead up to this viewer upheaval -- by all means, be my guest.
As for me, I have a conscience, and my family will be watching a network that doesn't insult us and our fellow audience.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

carolanne1222
5. RE: I thought this was Dancing with the Stars
Nov 17 2010, 12:02 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 12:02 PM EST
I agree that the voters kept her in.....but I disagree....ABC IS to Blame...for they called a NON STAR to be on the program....SHE IS NOT A STAR !!! WHY DID THEY CALL HER ??? 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

cholatte
6. RE: I thought this was Dancing with the Stars
Nov 17 2010, 12:37 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 12:37 PM EST
I am very disappointed with ABC and the judges on DWTS. Votes should not be the majority as to elimination but maybe make up 25% along with the judges scores. I cannot understand how someone as Briston Palin who cannot dance is still in the COMPETITION. Jennifer is a great dancer and her and Brandy would have been great competitors to the finish. Not interested in watching anymore of DWTS because it appears that is rigged if a terrible dancer can stay in while other much better dancers are eliminated. What a joke. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
7. RE: I thought this was Dancing with the Stars
Nov 18 2010, 5:07 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 5:07 AM EST
"LIsten , why blame ABC? It is the viewer votes that are keeping Bristol on this show, She needs to do the right thing and step aside. I have no problem with her but she is just not the best dancer."
Bristol Palin did not create this crapola -- and she is IN NO WAY responsible for the way the show's winners are chosen !!
The girl can't dance, and showed us from the very beginning that she didn't even want to be there.
ABC put her on there to boost their ratings -- and THEY are responsible for running a phony "contest" in which the best performers get sent home while the worst one comes back again and again.
ABC created this stinking mess, and the people posting here know it !!!
Haven't you noticed that LOTS of the posters have said that they've had enough of this crapola, and they too are tuning out the whole ABC network !???
It's the network's fault, and THEY should pay the price for abusing their loyal fans by allowing the Palin fiasco to continue.
Bristol Palin step aside !!??? I think you'll see a blizzard in hell before that happens !!!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

ShawneWhite
8. RE: I thought this was Dancing with the Stars
Nov 18 2010, 6:37 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 6:37 AM EST
so true - Bristol is not to blame or should she step aside. My my kings and Queens have been made by chopping off the heads of thier apponets since the begning of time....Like Bristol or not, Like Jennifer Grey or not it's Dancing with the Stars. Not reality tv children or dental assistants. The show is a long run/commitment and you can see the contestants themselves really enjoying themselves and excited to meet others on the show. The audience is full of "stars" always for this show. I really hope it gets back to the "Star" factor for next season - and truly like in my first post. Someone's pockets are getting deeper and deeper every week. ohh just as a side not America is voting for these contestants? So nothing hanky panky would be going on like a boxer throwing a fight or perhaps an entire baseball team ( what year was that) - yeah deep pockets people 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

ShawneWhite
9. RE: I thought this was Dancing with the Stars
Nov 18 2010, 6:42 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 6:42 AM EST
"so true - Bristol is not to blame or should she step aside. My my kings and Queens have been made by chopping off the heads of thier apponets since the begning of time....Like Bristol or not, Like Jennifer Grey or not it's Dancing with the Stars. Not reality tv children or dental assistants. The show is a long run/commitment and you can see the contestants themselves really enjoying themselves and excited to meet others on the show. The audience is full of "stars" always for this show. I really hope it gets back to the "Star" factor for next season - and truly like in my first post. Someone's pockets are getting deeper and deeper every week. ohh just as a side not America is voting for these contestants? So nothing hanky panky would be going on like a boxer throwing a fight or perhaps an entire baseball team ( what year was that) - yeah deep pockets people"
yes and I see coming to the .99cent store in the near future, Bristol Palins book - How my Mother bought my disco ball and it ruined my life.....this will be a short book perhaps with crayons ----
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)