Discussion: Why get mad?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time

Charlietwo
Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 1:38 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 1:38 AM EST
Of course Brandy is the better dancer, of course it's the people's votes that keep Bristol on. But, why should we talk about Bristol as if she's killed someone? It's a TV show! And, a fun one! Everyone gets paid well, the Stars and the Professionals have a great time.
Bristol is just a young girl and even though it seems obvious that her Mom's pals have kept Bristol on the dance floor, no one should ever talk so badly about this girl as if she's done something wrong. She hasn't.
Also, does anyone remember the first season of DWTS? The judges had the sole vote and the winners were not the popular choice so there was an unofficial dance off...and the rules were changed to allow for the judges votes to count as half and we the people(!) allowed the other half of the vote. So Bristol's in. (A couple season's ago, Cloris Leachman was in for a long time too and she certainly didn't dance very well. Of course, she was a joy!)
I think we need to keep in perspective about this: it's entertainment and there's no excuse for folks to be cruel.
Just enjoy.
2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
1. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 5:18 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 5:18 AM EST
Why get mad !!!????
I'll tell you why ----

I'm mad as hell that my family invested a lot of hours in the DWTS show -- believing (in good faith) that we would see a legitimate dancing contest -- one in which the Professional Judges' scores would play their part in deciding the winners of the overall contest.
I'm mad as hell because the Judges' scores showed that week after week after week, Bristol Palin was kept on while superior dancers were sent home.

I'm mad as hell because conservative websites posted advice on how Palin's viewers could (and did) game the phone-in results -- and ABC hasn't DISQUALIFIED Bristol Palin to show that cheating won't be tolerated !!!
I'm NOT mad because of something that happened last year or some other year, because that's gone and done with --- but THIS year we've seen the greatest travesty that I've ever seen on TV --- when the obvious loser of the talent contest is kept to come back again -- while the superior talents are sent home.
And no, don't tell me that the same thing has happened before -- because it HASN'T !!!
This show is no longer about a dance contest as entertainment -- it's about political extremeists hijacking America's principles of honesty and fair play. That makes me VERY mad, and it should make YOU mad, too !!
I'm done with DWTS and the ABC network -- for good !!!
8  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

pitypooh
2. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 5:38 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 5:38 AM EST
"Of course Brandy is the better dancer, of course it's the people's votes that keep Bristol on. But, why should we talk about Bristol as if she's killed someone? It's a TV show! And, a fun one! Everyone gets paid well, the Stars and the Professionals have a great time.
Bristol is just a young girl and even though it seems obvious that her Mom's pals have kept Bristol on the dance floor, no one should ever talk so badly about this girl as if she's done something wrong. She hasn't.
Also, does anyone remember the first season of DWTS? The judges had the sole vote and the winners were not the popular choice so there was an unofficial dance off...and the rules were changed to allow for the judges votes to count as half and we the people(!) allowed the other half of the vote. So Bristol's in. (A couple season's ago, Cloris Leachman was in for a long time too and she certainly didn't dance very well. Of course, she was a joy!)
I think we need to keep in perspective about this: it's entertainment and there's no excuse for folks to be cruel.
Just enjoy."
well said!
1  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

pitypooh
3. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 5:39 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 5:39 AM EST
you need to totally chill. this is just TV. wow. 1  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

loveildivo
4. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 5:53 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 5:53 AM EST
Excellent answer!!!! Very well said. 2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

wetjet
5. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 7:18 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 7:18 AM EST
"you need to totally chill. this is just TV. wow."
No, You chill! This is not just a TV show. If these people were on that show just for exposure, that could be said, but there's a prize to be won, and for some reason the contestants want it, and that's probably why they work so hard. So why should someone who is neither a star or a dancer be allowed to stay on? Also, all of the contestants spoke for themselves when giving a short bio of themselves; why did mommy caribou have to speak for her daughter? Is there something else wrong with her other than the fact that she wears cement boots?
5  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

katylady1964
6. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 10:03 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 10:03 AM EST
I am glad somebody else agrees with me. The show is about "STARS" dancing. When did Palin become a star?????n How was she even made a offer to be on the show and she is not considered a star????? 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
chickaboom
chickaboom
7. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 11:34 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 11:34 AM EST
"Of course Brandy is the better dancer, of course it's the people's votes that keep Bristol on. But, why should we talk about Bristol as if she's killed someone? It's a TV show! And, a fun one! Everyone gets paid well, the Stars and the Professionals have a great time.
Also, does anyone remember the first season of DWTS? The judges had the sole vote and the winners were not the popular choice so there was an unofficial dance off...and the rules were changed to allow for the judges votes to count as half and <NOBR>we the people</NOBR>(!) allowed the other half of the vote. So Bristol's in. (A <NOBR>couple</NOBR> season's ago, Cloris Leachman was in for a long time too and she certainly didn't dance very well. Of course, she was a joy!)
Just enjoy."
AMEN!!! Charlietwo - couldn't have said it better myself
1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Satyrxxxv
8. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 6:11 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 6:11 PM EST
You said it. Cloris was a JOY. Palin is JOKE. Notice the difference in spelling? I did and I didn't need to use spell check. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Satyrxxxv
9. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 6:14 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 6:16 PM EST
Bravo!!! It just typical of conservatives - whatever is takes to win. Even a dance contest. Those people are ALWAYS touting morals and values but they rarely exemplify them. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
10. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 8:23 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 8:23 PM EST
Just enjoy."
Interesting you say Bristol hasn't done anything wrong. She in fact has, and to make matters worse it's something her mommas political party rails against. She had a baby as a teenager, and she is unwed. Heavens to betsy how can the republicans stand for this? I'd like to know just where that child is while mommy Bristol continues to stay fat while "working hard" to win a trophy. Teen advocate my butt! I can hear her speech now, "Ummmm, like, ummmm don't do what I did." Thanks, can I have my check now? All the while wearing that same disconnected expression. UGH that expression she wore last night she knew she was staying cause her momma and her cult members had the votes in the bag! I'll never forget Derecks face when they announced Brandy going home, he was in shock!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
11. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 8:25 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 8:25 PM EST
"you need to totally chill. this is just TV. wow."
Don't tell me to chill. Don't tell me it's just a tv show. It's an example of the tea baggers cheating and using the system to promote that fat cow teenage mother. They like to talk all family values and goodness, but it's really win at all costs!!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Wilson67
12. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 17 2010, 11:12 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 11:12 PM EST
I think that people have the right to show whatever emotions they may be feeling. Some are die hard fans and invest a lot of their time watching the show. They want to see it played out in a fair manner. And as it stands, this is not what's happening! It's no different than watching your favorite sports team lose, because a ref/ump made bad calls. The judges don't really give her too many harsh critiques, but everyone else gets slammed. I think that America's votes should come into play when the semi-finals begin. This way, the best is going up against the best! Although I don't care for her one way or another, I do agree that the personal attacks on her should stop. She made a mistake, but so have many other teenage girls. She has to deal with that for the rest of her life. Her situation doesn't make her a slut, it makes her a kid who made an irresponsible choice. Now it's time for everyone, who can't stand to watch her dance, to vote next week! And since this season has sparked so much outrage (even with celebrities), I hope this will make DWTS brass think about it being a popularity contest or a dancing contest! 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
13. RE: Why get mad?
Nov 18 2010, 4:06 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 4:06 AM EST
Just enjoy."
FUN !!??? You call it "FUN" when the best dancer in a DANCE contest is sent home, while the worst performer is allowed to go on to win a very large prize !!????
Well, the vast majority of the people here are OUTRAGED at the fiasco that you call "fun" !!
Making silly excuses for the DWTS travesty won't appease those folks, and I can't understand why you would even TRY to come at us as if WE were at fault here !!
So let's dump the waving of the Bristol Palin crying towell -- and face the FACTS --
1.-Bristol Palin has NOT performed better than others who were sent home.
2.- EVERYBODY knows it, and the vast majority of posters here have expressed their extreme dislike of the "Worst contestant wins!" crapola that we were fed -- and are fed up with !!
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)