Discussion: Since when does getting knocked up at 16 make someone a "star" ?????Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 9 posts

kgvet
Since when does getting knocked up at 16 make someone a "star" ?????
Nov 17 2010, 1:29 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 1:29 AM EST
She never should have been on the show in the first place..... 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

nicarte
1. RE: Since when does getting knocked up at 16 make someone a "star" ?????
Nov 17 2010, 3:44 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 3:44 AM EST
"She never should have been on the show in the first place....."
I was just asking myself the same question from the very beginning. Bristol Palin has two left feet, just gets dragged on the floor and her partner does all the work. DWTS is a complete joke now! Brandy should have won
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

rcardoza
2. RE: Since when does getting knocked up at 16 make someone a "star" ?????
Nov 23 2010, 11:50 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 11:50 AM EST
Since there are people like those at the following blog who will do whatever they can to see that she wins even if arguably she is not the "best" (http://hillbuzz.org/2010/11/15/bristol-palin-dancing-with-the-stars-watch-thread-4/#comment-315472). They have such a disdain for the judges and the show that I wonder why they even care about it at all, but sadly they do. It seems to me to be such a ridiculous thing to get ones partisan undergarments in bunch about but there you have it. This reminds of when my children were little and they would do something (they thought was really sneaky) I would just ignore the fact I knew it and just let them them have their little ego boost because obviously they needed it and it really wasn't that big of a deal. The result of Bristol being in the finales is happening because it has been allowed and unchallenged by others. You might want also check out this article that led me to the blog site (http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/11/19/5495782-how-the-dancing-vote-was-hacked). 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
3. RE: Since when does getting knocked up at 16 make someone a "star" ?????
Nov 23 2010, 12:50 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 12:50 PM EST
Bristol claims 'haters' are trying to 'destroy' herRee Hines writes:Evidently it’s been a tough week for Bristol Palin. Between her hotly debated progress to the “Dancing With the Stars” finals and her and her little sister’s recent Facebook rant, she’s suddenly found herself facing the dreaded “haters” again.

Earlier this week, Palin practically praised her critics, telling them, via Access Hollywood, “Well, thanks for hating on me because that’s just going to (give) me more motivation.” But by Wednesday, she had a different take on her anti-fans — they’re actually out to get her.

“Thank you supporters who continue to support,” the 20-year-old began in a Facebook post. “The haters are already pulling out all the stops this week to destroy.”

Who are these haters? Who knows? They could be anyone critical of the “teen activist” or your average Brandy fan (or maybe just Brandy’s former partner). Regardless, Palin’s on to their plans.

1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
4. RE: Since when does getting knocked up at 16 make someone a "star" ?????
Nov 23 2010, 12:51 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 12:51 PM EST
"Bristol claims 'haters' are trying to 'destroy' herRee Hines writes:Evidently it’s been a tough week for Bristol Palin. Between her hotly debated progress to the “Dancing With the Stars” finals and her and her little sister’s recent Facebook rant, she’s suddenly found herself facing the dreaded “haters” again.

Earlier this week, Palin practically praised her critics, telling them, via Access Hollywood, “Well, thanks for hating on me because that’s just going to (give) me more motivation.” But by Wednesday, she had a different take on her anti-fans — they’re actually out to get her.

“Thank you supporters who continue to support,” the 20-year-old began in a Facebook post. “The haters are already pulling out all the stops this week to destroy.”

Who are these haters? Who knows? They could be anyone critical of the “teen activist” or your average Brandy fan (or maybe just Brandy’s former partner). Regardless, Palin’s on to their plans.

"
this is priceless!!!.......hmmmmm...haters???....was she worried about haters when she called a classmate homophobic slurs on facebook???
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
sandhya60
sandhya60
5. RE: Since when does getting knocked up at 16 make someone a "star" ?????
Nov 23 2010, 3:34 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2010, 3:34 PM EST
"She never should have been on the show in the first place....."
as with any pop or popular star that was not that great or had a massive following..I dont recall Emmit Smith being Fred Astare. I would have to say though....you could say the same for my favorite...Marie Osmond...
my closing statement...
if Bristol had been a Liberal Pop Diva, who had a child out of wedlock THAT YOU LOVED, you would have dialed in as many phones to vote her popularity...
don't be two faced about it...you know that you would have voted her in if she was was your most favorite popular celebrity whether she could dance or not..
0  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

kgvet
6. RE: Since when does getting knocked up at 16 make someone a "star" ?????
Nov 24 2010, 2:27 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 2:33 AM EST
Bristol Palin is NOT a pop or popular star, she is the daughter of a former governer who made news by getting knocked up at 16 years of age. In my opinion, She became a "teen activist" only to put her mother in a better light. To be fair, She danced very well last night, her progress, talent-wise, was impressive, But Brandy, as well as Audrina were the better dancers throughout the competition. And as far as voting for my favorite celeb? I vote for who I think is the best. You assume I would vote for someone because of their politics? for the record, I am a Republican.. But that really has nothing to do with a competition, and if you judge a contest along voting party lines, your just another sheep who follows the herd. 5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

RobbRodd
7. RE: Since when does getting knocked up at 16 make someone a "star" ?????
Nov 24 2010, 3:23 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 3:24 AM EST
I dont think Bristol is "claiming" anything, just stating the obvious..that liberals can whine about anything, ANYTHING, Its amazing actually 0  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

rcardoza
8. RE: Since when does getting knocked up at 16 make someone a "star" ?????
Nov 24 2010, 8:09 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2010, 8:09 AM EST
"DITTO". Thanks for the honest, unbiased and unvarnished truth! Really have we really gotten to this point ... politicizing a TV show.... Really???! Politics should have nothing to do with who should win a TV show competition. What's next? Family Feud? Jeopardy? Wheel of Fortune? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?