Discussion: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 61 - 80 of 137  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last

prego7
60. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 6:03 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 6:03 AM EST
"Jennifers "experience" is from a film 25 yrs ago, Bristol wasn't even born then, Brandy's "experience" is music videos and concerts. Both of those are totally different than ballroom dancing. Can't anyone see that both Jennifer and Brandy should be in the finals and Bristol should have been gone weeks ago? And tell me just how hard she is working, I've never seen anyone overweight come on the show and last this long without losing a lot of weight but ole Bristol still looks the same as when she started, an unwed teenage cow!"
I agree with everything except that Bristol's being an unwed teenage mom has nothing to do with this. The fact of the matter is that she can't dance well enough to be in the finals. Brandy & Maks were robbed of their chance to win. Ordinarily I can get over any differences the judges have with the pros but I think that Maks has been punished for his disagreement with Carrie Ann. That is not the point of this competion. Did Brandy & Maks dance well enough to be in the finals? Did Bristol? There is your answer. I for one will not vote for Bristol. My votes are all for Jennifer & Derek.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Pat320
61. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 6:05 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 6:11 AM EST
Tough, you think it's about 'tough'? Did you see Palin's face when the choice went up? She was embarrassed and exposed. She didn't have the ability to hide it either. If she didn't know before last night that her mother and her mom's buddies in right wing politics made it happen for her, she definitely does now. It's the deep pockets of the right wing, not talent or just rewards on her part. But she can't leave now and more than that, it's clear as well from the tiny bits of info seen on this show that Palin is not a confronter when it comes to her family. She's a go-alonger. Rewards for 'tough' is not what this competition is about, unless tough translates to dancing beautifully. With Palin it has not. She's done well for a fat, out-of-shape girl, and I give her credit for that. But imperical evidence shows that Palin is not Brandy for any person looking with truthful eyes. Also, if you haven't noticed, the judges have edged Palin's scores upward for weeks, giving her a point or two more than she deserved. That has also been clear to those with their eyes open. How many times have you said, "Hey, she wasn't THAT good."? After watching the first 3 weeks, I stopped running home to see DWTS. Tthere was no point. It was VERY clear from the beginning that Palin would be at or near the top no matter how badly she danced. Political FYI for those of you who do not keep up with it: The TV stations have been moving toward the right for some time, even though you believe it's not so because Hollywood hype continues about left wingers--nice cover, huh? The judges are not on their own, people. Get a clue. The entire so-called competition is a set-up for cash flow. It just wasn't so obvious to the masses until last night. I've stopped watching regularly, myself. It's a scam. Sorry, but you now know the truth. 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

SkippieIohh
62. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 6:15 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 6:15 AM EST
Could we have a winner who can't dance? The show is DANCING With the Stars people. This is not Political. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

SkippieIohh
63. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 6:17 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 6:17 AM EST
"omg!!!!! she is gone.....so now will Kyle win or will Jennifer?????
"
It will be Bristol because she has her mother's supporters voting for her instead of the best DANCER!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
chickaboom
chickaboom
64. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 6:20 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 6:20 AM EST
The judges scores only count so much - remember its a total of the judges score plus call ins 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

SkippieIohh
65. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 6:20 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 6:20 AM EST
"WHAT THE HELL!?!

What just happened is now the biggest shock of the season!

Vote Team Schmurgles!"
How can you continue to watch a DANCING show where the best DANCERS are not going through?
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

SkippieIohh
66. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 6:26 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 6:26 AM EST
are the judges tea partiers? 2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Lucipod
67. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 6:31 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 6:31 AM EST
I'm getting tired of everyone trying to say that Bristol's success on this show is due to politics. That is a load of bull. I have felt sorry for Bristol ever since she was thrust into the spotlight by her mother's nomination. I agree that she is not the best dancer this show has ever seen, but has anyone paid any attention to how she has improved!!! She and Kyle are the most improved dancers left and Jennifer just has natural ability. I think Brandy had peaked and had no more to give. I don't think Bristol will win, but I believe she deserves to be where she is. 0  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

ernestinew
68. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 7:46 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 7:46 AM EST
"Why is Bristol Palin still on the show? Because of her grizzly mother, of course!
Florence Henderson was better than her. And Rick Fox was 10 times better.
If she wins, is it all politics.
I agree with msm17 about the "Drama Queen" She is good at dancing but tends to overdo everything. Her costumes may look good but are not age appropriate."
For sure it is about politics!!!!! Palin should have left the first time she was on!!!! But, it is all about who you know. Not your talent. I will not be watching anymore!!!!! This program is toooooo looowwwww for me.
Good-Bye Cheaters.
Ernestine W.
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

evansmom828
69. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 8:15 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 8:15 AM EST
when will DWTS realize that the voting is fixed? What a slap in the face for Brandy!!! 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
SandyMoyni
SandyMoyni
70. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 9:11 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 9:11 AM EST
"Palin is real though! come on people brandi and jennifer came in with experience and this is supposed to be everyday person no experience and see how well they learn and grow! i hope palin wins"
its called "dancing w/ the stars!"...Bristle should not even been there in the first place....& everybody bitchin about the judges...its not them keeping her on the show
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

katylady1964
71. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 9:34 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 9:34 AM EST
I thought the show is called "Dancing with the Stars" ? She is not a star so how did she even end up on this show????
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

plwhite9
72. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 10:17 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 10:17 AM EST
DWTS is loosing all credibility with me. Bristol should have been gone before Rick Fox and I will go a step further in saying DWTS is suppose to be about STARS not teen pregancy. Bristol was never a star to begin with and why she was asked to be a part of the is way beyond me. The executive producers should change the rules with this travesty. 9  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    

plwhite9
73. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 10:20 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 10:20 AM EST
DWTS is loosing all credibility with me. Bristol should have been gone before Rick Fox and I will go a step further in saying DWTS is suppose to be about STARS not teen pregancy. Bristol was never a star to begin with and why she was asked to be a part of the is way beyond me. The executive producers should change the rules with this travesty. 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

plwhite9
74. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 10:23 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 10:23 AM EST
DWTS is loosing all credibility with me. Bristol should have been gone before Rick Fox and I will go a step further in saying DWTS is suppose to be about STARS not teen pregancy. Bristol was never a star to begin with and why she was asked to be a part of the is way beyond me. The executive producers should change the rules with this travesty. 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

retiredlizzy
75. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 10:50 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 10:50 AM EST
I love this show, but this is my last season. Bristol beat out Brandy, no way. She's stiff, come on she just couldn't dance. I thought this was dancing with the stars, she not a star. Oh, her mother is. 5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

ShirleyHull-Johnson
76. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 12:34 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 12:34 PM EST
first the is for STARS palin is no star. she can't dance and always has this weird look of discust on her face the only reason she is there is beacuse of her mother and all the old cronies of the political party she belongs to the votes are not for bristol, but for her "eye winking mother" I bet she really started winkung last night. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
AngelVee
AngelVee
77. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 1:15 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 1:15 PM EST
The news about Bristol Palin making the DWTS finale and Brandy leaving has the fans in such an uproar. While some fans are shooting their television others are coming out saying Brandy was kicked off because she was black just like Mya, Lil Kim, and Mel B. Hello people, get your eyes or glasses checked because Kyle is in the finale and from what I can see he’s black. So let’s not think this has to do with race.

Brandy wanted to win this competition so bad. Did this push fans away? No, because everyone else in the competition feels the same way.The only thing I can think of that made the fans NOT vote was the fact the car accident Brandy was involved in was brought up. Maybe the fans were not aware of this, and instead of them rushing to the phone to vote for her they spent the last hour searching online to read about the accident that happened in 2006, where Brandy’s car collided with Awatef Aboudihaj, and the woman died in the hospital the next day.

Brandy should have been in the finale NOT Bristol. Bristol Palin apparently has such a huge fan base that no matter how horrible she does, she still ends up staying and kicking off someone who doesn’t deserve to go home yet. After talking to so many people about this, they all say the same thing. Bristol is only in it because of who her mother is. How fair is this? Not fair at all, because this show is suppose to be about dancing talent and not how popular you are.

Next week on the DWTS finale it’s going to be another upset. Why? read who I feel will be your top 2, and who gets kicked off next week......

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6023504/bristol_palin_makes_the_finale_while.html?cat=46
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Wild-Kat
78. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 1:22 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 1:22 PM EST
No doubt, this is upsetting viewers left and right, but what is left to do?! Vote! Vote! Vote! According to ABC, here's how voting works:

In the Dancing with the Stars Results Show, the couple with the lowest combined score from judges and viewer votes will be eliminated from the competition. The scoring is divided evenly between the judges and the viewers at home, ensuring unpredictable outcomes at the end of every show. When the final two couples remain, the ultimate dance-off will determine who wins the trophy.

Surely we can try to help the best *dancer* win!
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
drogers016
drogers016
79. RE: Season 11, Week 9 Semi-Finals, Four Couples Compete - Talk About It!
Nov 17 2010, 1:47 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 1:47 PM EST
"I agree with everything except that Bristol's being an unwed teenage mom has nothing to do with this. The fact of the matter is that she can't dance well enough to be in the finals. Brandy & Maks were robbed of their chance to win. Ordinarily I can get over any differences the judges have with the pros but I think that Maks has been punished for his disagreement with Carrie Ann. That is not the point of this competion. Did Brandy & Maks dance well enough to be in the finals? Did Bristol? There is your answer. I for one will not vote for Bristol. My votes are all for Jennifer & Derek."
I thought it was my TV, she is fat isn't she!
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next > Last