Discussion: The Judges' Scores ar BogusReported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

MrAndre76
The Judges' Scores ar Bogus
Nov 11 2010, 4:22 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 11 2010, 4:22 PM EST
The judges' scores seem to be negligable when compared to the voters. This system is totally convoluted. The judges' scores should weigh at least fifto to seventy five percent of the score. Be that as it may, the judges need a little spine. Bristol Palin's dances are dumbed down and the judges' scores are over inflated to the point of being rediculous. They brow-beat the better dancers and coddle Bristol. Their score may not mean much when it compares to voters, however their scores and words deginitely influence the voters. Every year, I get disgusted by week five but like a moth drawn to the light, I keep watcing. Too bad, the judges lack integrity to do what is right. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
1. RE: The Judges' Scores ar Bogus
Nov 16 2010, 3:53 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2010, 3:53 AM EST
The Judges' scores aren't "bogus" at all -- they've been doing a GREAT job of scoring the dancers as DANCERS !!!
Weren't you paying attention last week, when Lennie said that it was "Outrageous!" that really good dancers were being sent home while the WORST dancer is allowed to keep coming back !??
The handwriting is on the wall -- the excellent judges are being ignored, the top dancers are being sent home, and the worst-scoring couple of the entire season is still there !!
It's not the Judges that are "bogus" -- it's the producers who are ignoring them !!!
The Judges deserve our sympathy because they know that they're being ignored, but the Judges can't do any thing about it !!
I watched the show in good faith, believing that there was enough integrity in the system that would allow the best dancers to win the contest.
I was WAAYYYY wrong, because those excellent judges have been completely ignored in the case of Palin versus the dance.
My family won't be watching any more ABC shows -- they've sacrificed their credibility to worship at the Palin altar !!!
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

MrAndre76
2. RE: The Judges' Scores ar Bogus
Nov 16 2010, 10:30 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2010, 10:30 AM EST
I beg to disagree. I know the voters ignore the judges, but the judges create their own integrity gap because they often lay into the best dancers for the siightest mistake while praising Palin. As for scoring, did you watch last night? Did Palin deserve the same score as Brandy and an over all better score? I don't think so. Palin's dances are simple by comparison... I kinow the producers have created a monster and a voting fiasco but the judges are not helping. If anything, the judges' scores should count for more than 50% of the vote. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
3. RE: The Judges' Scores are Bogus
Nov 17 2010, 9:23 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 9:23 AM EST
"I beg to disagree. I know the voters ignore the judges, but the judges create their own integrity gap because they often lay into the best dancers for the siightest mistake while praising Palin. As for scoring, did you watch last night? Did Palin deserve the same score as Brandy and an over all better score? I don't think so. Palin's dances are simple by comparison... I kinow the producers have created a monster and a voting fiasco but the judges are not helping. If anything, the judges' scores should count for more than 50% of the vote."
I'm not talkin' about the VOTERS ignoring the Judges, I'm talkin' about a SYSTEM that ignores the Judges !!!
The way it is now, the Judges' scores don't mean diddly-doo --- if they DID, Bristol Palin would have been sent home on the basis of her ability (or lack thereof) to DANCE !!
Screw the fans' opinions of their own wannabe emotional involvements with one of the contestants and/or their infamous mother that brags about shooting wolves from helicopters !!
Let the fans vote on the finalists -- which are arrived at by totalling the scores for every dance. At the end of the night, the lowest total score on the board goes home. When they get down to the final 2, let the fans vote on the best of the best.
Beats the hell out of watching talented people go home empty-handed while the juvenile delinquent child of an unfit mother gets the prize !!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)