Discussion: somthing about bristol is fishyReported This is a featured thread

Showing 61 - 80 of 91  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next

SueBruce
61. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 18 2010, 12:51 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 12:51 PM EST
"Why is it that in prior seasons when a dancer with low scores was continually being voted back in, the judges would at some point tell the audience that "enough is enough" and it's time for that dancer to go. I didn't hear that once this season with Bristol, even though there were often weeks when she under performed and it didn't make dance sense that she was still in the competition. That seemed fishy all season long to me!
And Jennifer's whining/tears seemed to happen during the weeks just after the judges were hard on her. I am in my fifties and can only imagine how my body would ache if I was trying to hang with the regimen they go through!
Not that whining is attractive, because it's not.
Nor is Bristol preaching to teenagers about abstinence; need boots to walk through that pile of Alaskan bear poop."
Rumor has it that her sister Willow is pregant at 16. Where is Bristol and mama. Not taking of the family that is for sure
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

SueBruce
62. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 18 2010, 12:54 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 12:54 PM EST
"We need to Vote her off.. it is only because of the TEA PARTY she is still on there when she can't dance.
"
Everyone of us need to vote all we can to stop her.
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

teeruxx
63. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 18 2010, 2:35 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 2:35 PM EST
let her succeed at something she is good at; dont vote for her for the silly reason you give! That convoluted logic is totally unfair to the contestants who are better than Bristol and quite frankly the only one not better than her was Margaret Cho! 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

PaulineThomas
64. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 18 2010, 7:12 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 7:12 PM EST
Regardless of whether Bristol and her mom are popular, do you not get it??? This is a dance competition. You may like Bristol, but you should be voting for the best dancer, not who you like. This is NOT a popularity contest.........and may I ask, what does her mom have to do with any of this????????????? 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
65. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 4:11 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 4:11 AM EST
"Rumor has it that her sister Willow is pregant at 16. Where is Bristol and mama. Not taking of the family that is for sure"
Exactly what does a "rumor" about Willow have to do with her sister????? Even IF it is true that's Sarah problem, certainly NOT her sister's and NOTHING to do with the DWTS retaining Bristol controvercy. I do agree with you that we need to vote. I read more in print and on line last night about how you can vote with fake email addresses (even though ABC denies it). I'll cast my legitimate votes and hope for the best. If Bristol does win, and I still think it could happen, it would be very tainted. Don't forget that it isn't just a gaudy trophy that is at stake here. The contestent and pro are paid to participate. Each contestent has an incentive in their contract and they are not paid equally. This fact came out last year with Kate Gosslin. Every week they stay they make more money and I would bet a win would mean some pretty big bucks.
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

mymawc
66. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 5:18 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 5:18 AM EST
Getting a little far fetched here talking about little sister. Which someone just started that to put the Palin's down. I do believe that Bristol and baby do not live in the Palin home anymore. Seems like they have an apt. somewhere close to where she works. I just think that when you are given a choice to "vote for your favorite" you can practice that right without any ugly stuff thrown in, just because you don't think in the same manor as others. I am sure EVERY person in the competition has a large following and they all vote every way they are allowed to. When Bristol is told by the judges that her footwork is really good and she follows her partner through all the routines, why do some say she cannot dance....I have danced all my life and I think she can dance very well, for a beginner. 0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

queen_chef
67. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 5:22 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 5:22 AM EST
I think the show has lost it's initial intent. To chose the best dancer. This show has clearly become solely a popularity contest. I am not planning to watch anymore of this. What good are having the judges and the scores, they do not matter. Bristol is staying on because the public is voting for her because of her mother. sad and unfair. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
68. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 6:07 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 6:07 AM EST
"Getting a little far fetched here talking about little sister. Which someone just started that to put the Palin's down. I do believe that Bristol and baby do not live in the Palin home anymore. Seems like they have an apt. somewhere close to where she works. I just think that when you are given a choice to "vote for your favorite" you can practice that right without any ugly stuff thrown in, just because you don't think in the same manor as others. I am sure EVERY person in the competition has a large following and they all vote every way they are allowed to. When Bristol is told by the judges that her footwork is really good and she follows her partner through all the routines, why do some say she cannot dance....I have danced all my life and I think she can dance very well, for a beginner."
Get a clue !!
When they said "vote for your favorite", I believe they meant vote for your favorite DANCER -- which my family did.
If they would have said to vote for your favorite no-talent, overweight, juvenile delinquent, knocked-up-at 17 daughter of a quitter/loser narcissist politician, well then, Bristol Palin would have been a legitimate candidate.
Can Bristol dance !!?? Well, of course she can dance --- but it's a danse macabre, at best !!!
And I'd bet that Michael J. Fox could dance rings around her !!
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

doueboy
69. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 6:09 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 6:09 AM EST
"I think the show has lost it's initial intent. To chose the best dancer. This show has clearly become solely a popularity contest. I am not planning to watch anymore of this. What good are having the judges and the scores, they do not matter. Bristol is staying on because the public is voting for her because of her mother. sad and unfair."
Yes this is true, why not just let the Judges deceides who wins... when did the public have to get involved with it.. I know after season 2. But still then the voting should be limited to one vote per Phone or email just like a TRUE election... We do not get to stuff the ballot box when it comes time to vote. so Change those rules and see who would still be on the show..
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

doueboy
70. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 6:10 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 6:10 AM EST
"Yes this is true, why not just let the Judges deceides who wins... when did the public have to get involved with it.. I know after season 2. But still then the voting should be limited to one vote per Phone or email just like a TRUE election... We do not get to stuff the ballot box when it comes time to vote. so Change those rules and see who would still be on the show..
"
NOT BRISTOL she would have been gone long ago..
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
71. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 7:01 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 7:01 AM EST
"Yes this is true, why not just let the Judges deceides who wins... when did the public have to get involved with it.. I know after season 2. But still then the voting should be limited to one vote per Phone or email just like a TRUE election... We do not get to stuff the ballot box when it comes time to vote. so Change those rules and see who would still be on the show..
"
ABC can't undo the stupid mistakes that they've already made in time to save the show !!!
It's all over the internet about how the T-baggers have been cheating the voting system, and there's a ton of posts out there telling about how the some of these creeps have been voting as many as 300 times per show !!! !!!
Bristol might smell a bit fish-y, but the whole DWTS fiasco reminds me of the words to that old hippie tune --

"Ya got a dead skunk in the middle of the road, an' it's stinkin' to hiiiigh heaven !!"
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
72. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 7:14 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 7:14 AM EST
"Now i dont think we should be taking this to a political level over a dancing show. Sure, the Palins being Republican may have different views about running the country, but it has nothing to do with this.

And by stamina I meant the level of participation through dancing the routines, not by age. Jennifer is an amazing dancer, no one can deny it. Bristol is getting there, no one can deny that either. I just think she should stop whining and focus on her routines if she really wants to come out on top in this competion. "
It wasn't the loyal DWTS fans that brought politics into this -- it was T-bagger REPUBLICANS promoting their anti-democracy agenda that brought the massive VOTER CHEATING into what was and should continue to be a Dancing Contest.
ABC brought in Palin for the ratings boost. It never occurred to them that disaster follows the Palin name wherever it shows up !!!
7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
73. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 7:57 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 7:57 AM EST
"It wasn't the loyal DWTS fans that brought politics into this -- it was T-bagger REPUBLICANS promoting their anti-democracy agenda that brought the massive VOTER CHEATING into what was and should continue to be a Dancing Contest.
ABC brought in Palin for the ratings boost. It never occurred to them that disaster follows the Palin name wherever it shows up !!!
"
Well ABC definitely got their ratings boost. Personally I think they are thrilled with all this publicity. Bristols additon to the cast was a play to DWTS core fans. Stats I heard the other nite on my ABC local news-DWTS is in the top 5 shows for Republican viewers, while it isn't even in the top 15 for Democrats.

What bothers me the most is that as a loyal viewer my nice little dancing show has been turned into a political circus and it is not about the dancing. Manipulating results by some voters is so unethical. But if anyone knows how to steal an election-here it comes folks-it's the Republicans! Anybody forgotten Florida and election 2000?? Whose next ABC-Ann Coulter?
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Bruno4
Bruno4
74. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 8:00 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 8:00 AM EST
WOW, Sarah Palin sets up her own show, gets daughter Bristol through to DWTS final round, and now Willow on MTV's Preggo at 16. Nice job Tea-Bag or should I say D-bag party. Your standards are becoming tiresome. Stay classy Alaska!!! 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

choolins
75. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 10:14 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 10:14 AM EST
"Well you can have that classy guy Kanye West snatch the crystal ball away from who ever wins it and state that Brandy had the best female dance."
lmao omg
Bruno4
Bruno4
76. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 10:26 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 10:26 AM EST
""Well you can have that classy guy Kanye West snatch the crystal ball away from who ever wins it and state that Brandy had the best female dance.""
It would be better if Kanye West said "Sarah Palin doesn't care about black people" comparing the Tea Party bullsheet to Hurricane Katrina.
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
77. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 19 2010, 11:05 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 19 2010, 11:05 AM EST
"Get a clue !!
When they said "vote for your favorite", I believe they meant vote for your favorite DANCER -- which my family did.
If they would have said to vote for your favorite no-talent, overweight, juvenile delinquent, knocked-up-at 17 daughter of a quitter/loser narcissist politician, well then, Bristol Palin would have been a legitimate candidate.
Can Bristol dance !!?? Well, of course she can dance --- but it's a danse macabre, at best !!!
And I'd bet that Michael J. Fox could dance rings around her !!"
omg....the best post EVER!!!! Your Micheal J Fox line is priceless!!! Keep up the great work!!!!
RoseAlmo
RoseAlmo
78. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 21 2010, 1:32 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2010, 1:32 PM EST
LMAOO, oh no you didnt .......... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
RoseAlmo
RoseAlmo
79. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 21 2010, 1:36 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2010, 1:36 PM EST
"I totally agree. Jennifer whines all during the part when they show the rehearsal. She should be happy that she comes out on top every week, not sad that her legs hurt. because every time she says that, I feel like puking. I mean, is she really telling us Bristol has more stamina than her??? yes, bristol broke down once cuz she missed her family. I give the girl credit for coming out every week and finishing her routines. It would be amazing if Bristol made it to the finals.

But I still want Kyle and Lacey to win. :)"
oh yeah with the scam that they have built it wont be a surprise if she wins ,but still my dog can dance better than her
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
naninsuncity
naninsuncity
80. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 22 2010, 6:16 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 22 2010, 6:16 AM EST
Vote for lack of talent? Come on! It's a talent show and she doesn't have any. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)