Discussion: somthing about bristol is fishyReported This is a featured thread

Showing 41 - 60 of 91  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next

magooed
40. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 17 2010, 7:51 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 7:51 AM EST
Did you stop watching when Emmit Smith won over Mario Lopez I bet not.Most the people watching DWTS don't watch football their husbands do on the other channel it is Monday night. You don't find it strange that a tv personality like Mario Lopez gets out voted by a football star who 's been on the other channel PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! GUESS WHO STUFFED THAT BALLOT BOX. 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Sisteryes
41. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 17 2010, 8:21 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 8:21 AM EST
Why is it that in prior seasons when a dancer with low scores was continually being voted back in, the judges would at some point tell the audience that "enough is enough" and it's time for that dancer to go. I didn't hear that once this season with Bristol, even though there were often weeks when she under performed and it didn't make dance sense that she was still in the competition. That seemed fishy all season long to me!
And Jennifer's whining/tears seemed to happen during the weeks just after the judges were hard on her. I am in my fifties and can only imagine how my body would ache if I was trying to hang with the regimen they go through!
Not that whining is attractive, because it's not.
Nor is Bristol preaching to teenagers about abstinence; need boots to walk through that pile of Alaskan bear poop.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
42. RE: Something About Bristol is Fish-y
Nov 17 2010, 8:47 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 8:47 AM EST
"Nothing fishy going on....the votes from America keep her there. She and her mom are very popular women in this country and that is what always has prevailed on this show, fan votes....not personal opinion.....so suck it up and vote for your favorite...that's what I do....and I vote for Bristol because I want to see her succeed....."
Horsepuckey !!!
It's called "DANCING With The Stars" -- and Bristol Palin's so-called dancing has kept her at the bottom of the leader board for 9 weeks.
She can't dance as good as others who have been sent home, and everybody knows it.
And ABC knows about the conservative web sites that tell how to cheat the system, too.
So, the cheaters may "win" by multi-voting and/or robo-voting for Palin -- and those of us that have a conscience will have learned another way that America is doubling-down on it's own dumbing-down.
It's NOT a popularity contest -- it's a DANCING contest -- and Bristol Palin's performance wouldn't put her in the finals of any serious dance contest.
So sayeth the Judges and a big majority of the fans and posters here !!!
If you look around the site, you'll find that the posts against Palin still being on the show out-number the pro-Palin posts by about 4.5-to-1.
Do the math. Palin smells very fish-y from here !!
7  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
43. RE: Something About Bristol is Fish-y
Nov 17 2010, 10:31 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 10:31 AM EST
"Horsepuckey !!!
It's called "DANCING With The Stars" -- and Bristol Palin's so-called dancing has kept her at the bottom of the leader board for 9 weeks.
She can't dance as good as others who have been sent home, and everybody knows it.
And ABC knows about the conservative web sites that tell how to cheat the system, too.
So, the cheaters may "win" by multi-voting and/or robo-voting for Palin -- and those of us that have a conscience will have learned another way that America is doubling-down on it's own dumbing-down.
It's NOT a popularity contest -- it's a DANCING contest -- and Bristol Palin's performance wouldn't put her in the finals of any serious dance contest.
So sayeth the Judges and a big majority of the fans and posters here !!!
If you look around the site, you'll find that the posts against Palin still being on the show out-number the pro-Palin posts by about 4.5-to-1.
Do the math. Palin smells very fish-y from here !! "
Very interesting, the only thing I don't totally agree with is that the I think the judges have been VERY easy on her. Someone in the past day remarked that in the past the judges have said enough is enough about obviously inferior dancers moving on. Haven't heard that this year. Wondering if ABC has a hand in influencing their comments. I just thought Bristol had alot of people voting for her but now you mention these ways of "cheating", maybe that is how it is happening. I don't recall any of her supporters saying they are voting for her because she is the best dancer. And I think even she knows she doesn't deserve to be where she is. As much as I would hate to see it happen, because it would make the show a complete farce, it wouldn't surprise me to see her win. All I can do is cast my legitmate votes and hope the best dancer, as it should be, ultimately wins.
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

plwhite9
44. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 17 2010, 10:47 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 10:47 AM EST
DWTS is loosing all credibility with me. Bristol should have been gone before Rick Fox and I will go a step further in saying DWTS is suppose to be about STARS not teen pregancy. Bristol was never a star to begin with and why she was asked to be a part of the is way beyond me. The executive producers should change the rules with this travesty. Brandy should NEVER been voted off before Brandy. 5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

ejde00
45. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 17 2010, 11:02 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 11:02 AM EST
If Bristol wins, will it be because she was the best dancer or because you voted for her? Because one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Saying that you vote for her because you want to see her succeed is the equivalent of a black person saying that they voted for Obama because he's black. She clearly isn't the best dancer and yet you want her to succeed.. . hhhhmmm, very interesting. No wonder this country is getting dumber by the minute!! 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

ejde00
46. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 17 2010, 11:04 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 11:04 AM EST
"Nothing fishy going on....the votes from America keep her there. She and her mom are very popular women in this country and that is what always has prevailed on this show, fan votes....not personal opinion.....so suck it up and vote for your favorite...that's what I do....and I vote for Bristol because I want to see her succeed....."
If Bristol wins, will it be because she was the best dancer or because you voted for her? Because one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Saying that you vote for her because you want to see her succeed is the equivalent of a black person saying that they voted for Obama because he's black. She clearly isn't the best dancer and yet you want her to succeed.. . hhhhmmm, very interesting. No wonder this country is getting dumber by the minute!!
Quote & reply Post reply out of found this valuable. Do you find this valuable?
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

mymawc
47. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 17 2010, 12:18 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 12:18 PM EST
When I said "suceed", I meant that I would like to see her come out of her shell and be the best that she can be on the dance floor. They do tell you everynight, "vote for your favorite" they have never said "vote for the best".. I have voted for Jennifer, Kurt and the tall blonde as well as for Bristol. I liked them all and I am sure Jennifer will win. I think she deserves to win as she is more expierenced at dancing. I think Bristol came a long way since she was not expierenced at all. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

doueboy
48. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 17 2010, 12:22 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 12:22 PM EST
We need to Vote her off.. it is only because of the TEA PARTY she is still on there when she can't dance.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

doueboy
49. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 17 2010, 12:25 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 12:25 PM EST
Yep Bristol can't Dance... She sucks... Brandy got screwed. so did Kurt and Rick, 6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Sisteryes
50. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 17 2010, 1:36 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 1:36 PM EST
Rick went home too early for sure!
Vote for Kyle! Vote for Jennifer! Somehow Bristol reminds me of an odd Kate Gosselin/Kelly Osbourne dancing frightmare! (not sure if I spelled their names right?)
At any rate, it just doesn't work! Kelly grew into what Bristol does not seem to be able to.
Judges encourage people to vote for favs, but also have discouraged votes for contestants who have outlasted their ability.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Ladychachacha
51. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 17 2010, 1:42 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 1:42 PM EST
Brandy was such a whiner. She did not deserve to be there. She only kept saying on how she wants it so bad. Well excuse me they all want it or they wouln't be trying so hard and working there butts off. 0  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

SueBruce
52. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 18 2010, 3:41 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 3:41 AM EST
"Did you stop watching when Emmit Smith won over Mario Lopez I bet not.Most the people watching DWTS don't watch football their husbands do on the other channel it is Monday night. You don't find it strange that a tv personality like Mario Lopez gets out voted by a football star who 's been on the other channel PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! GUESS WHO STUFFED THAT BALLOT BOX."
At least Emmit Smith could dance. There have other popular football players on the show and they could not dance so they were voted off. Bristol cannot dance. She doesn't have any movement ast all. The tea party found a way to get around the e-mail voting. Theey admitted that on GMA

Arisaka
54. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 18 2010, 5:28 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 5:28 AM EST
Ok, let's take those intelligent statements one at a time.. Bristol can't dance? I seem to recall that she received 3 9's on Monday. Maybe my recollection is off or perhaps you would like to explain how the judges gave her those scores if she can't dance? Perhaps you believe that the judges are Tea Party activists? As for your equally insightful accusation that the Tea Party is rigging the voting, where is your proof? All you are doing is mouthing false statements. Get real. This show is nothing more than a popularity contest. If it were a real dance contest, then there would be no fan voting. Fan voting mixes up the results and makes for great controversy which translates into great ratings. If you are looking for justice or fairness, hang on -- you may get them in the next life, but certainly not on DWTS. 1  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

wannatalkaboutit
55. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 18 2010, 5:32 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 5:32 AM EST
What the public is losing site of is that the vote was not for Bristol versus Brandy but the vote reflected upon Maks. If you look at the history of DWTS as pertains to Maks his partners get voted off when it is unexpected. He is controversial, hot headed, arrogant and self-serving. His partners lose not because of their skills but because of Maks' personality. I voted for Bristol because she has progressed the most when you consider that she had no prior performance or dancing experience. And, talking about drama and crying there was not an episode in which Brandy did not cry, get tearful or whine. 0  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Bruno4
Bruno4
56. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 18 2010, 5:42 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 5:42 AM EST
Bristol also threw on a Ape suit and got 3 sixes and lasted past week 5. Justice and fairness will happen when Republicans vote for Obama when Sarah Palin runs for President. ABC needs to show the "proof" of the public vote being what they say it is otherwise we can't know the whole truth. ABC can't even lick my left nut even if they wanted to. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
57. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 18 2010, 5:49 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 5:49 AM EST
Arisaka-your last 4 sentences sum it up perfectly. All this controversy is making the internet, print and TV news!!?? So many on this website have said from time the cast was announced that Bristol didn't belong there but I'll tell you what-ABC execs have to be saying whoever picked her was a genius. The ratings are stunning and just wait 'til next weeks shows. My guess is that with all this play up people who never watched will tune in. More viewers-bigger ratings-happier ABC. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
58. RE: Something About Bristol is Fish-y
Nov 18 2010, 5:50 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 8:35 PM EST
"Well, in the end Jennifer will win....I would bet. But yes, Bristol is loved my a lot of people and they want to see her in the finals. So votes do count, don't ever under estimate America's voters. You have a choice, if you don't like her change it to another channel while she dances. She is a good dancer, I know because I am a dancer and I watch her move very well around the floor. Smooth and graceful...and with decent costumes I may add. "
You're kidding, right !??? Bristol is loved by a lot of people !!???
Get real, for God's sake -- what's to love about a pregnant, un-married 17-year old that has a quitter/loser/publicity-junky for a mother !??
Are we supposed to love her because she DIDN'T keep her feet on the floor and her legs together until she was married !???
Are we supposed to love her because she can't stay focused on her dance routine !???
Are we supposed to love her because the Judges told her week after week that she looked as if her mind was somewhere else !???
Maybe you want us to love her because she GAINED weight and/or inches during the contest, which only draws attention to her bovine-like movements and blank expressions !???
By the way, what makes you so sure that Jennifer and Derek will win !??
Sure, they're the best dancers -- by far -- but that doesn't seem to matter to ABC, because they keep Bristol coming back week after agonizing week, while the better dancers are sent home !!
I don't blame Bristol for anything but laziness and her amazing ability to look totally distracted and detached during her routines.
ABC is making fools of it's viewers, and those people don't like it one bit !!! They'll be voting with their remotes -- turning OFF DWTS because ABC is turning THEM off !!!
You claim that you're "a dancer" -- and you describe Bristol Palin as "smooth and graceful".
Like a rock !

doueboy
59. RE: Something About Bristol is Fish-y
Nov 18 2010, 6:31 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 6:31 AM EST
Bristol Can't Dance, she knows and the world Knows it.. it is that f*****g tea party Screwing everything up.. Please lets just VOTE her Big A** off the show... Via Voting for Everyone OTHER than her. She is Horrible at dancing.. Everyone who cam on the show has NEVER done dance of that kind before, so her stupid comments about that is just that stupid.. Bristol Go The H Home.. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
SlikLizrd
SlikLizrd
60. RE: somthing about bristol is fishy
Nov 18 2010, 7:05 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 7:05 AM EST
"come on this is a dance contest and they have made it a political issue out of it and if the producers want to keep this show on they will change things so that this won't happen anymore."
The producers of this show MADE the problems that the viewers are angry about !!!
THEY don't give a damn about the viewers' opinions of what's right or fair, or they never would have sent better dancers home while Bristol Palin stays to be coddled by the Judges that know that they HAVE TO suck up to Palin in order to keep the Palinistas from bombarding the network with hate mail !!!
I bet the Fox Network people are laughin' like crazy because their employee (Sarah Palin) is wrecking the DWTS show while getting publicity for herself at the same time !!
So what if they "fix" the show so "it doesn't happen again" !!???
It's too late for the people who got screwed, and it's too late for the viewers that thought they were watching a genuine dance contest.
We were cheated, and it was ABC that cheated us !!
They need to fire that "Green" guy, RIGHT AWAY -- because he's the only person that is STILL cheering for his decision to force his political darling into our living rooms week after week after week !!
I don't know about Bristol's state of "fishyness" -- I've never stood close to her.
But ABC sure does stink to high heaven, and the stench is spreading !!
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)