Discussion: BristolReported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 33 of 33  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2

ren1
20. RE: Bristol
Nov 15 2010, 12:42 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2010, 12:42 PM EST
I completely agree. Since Rick was voted off Ive stopped watching. Bristol in the top 3....REALLY?! That she would still be there and Audrina, Rick and Kurt would be voted off before her is sooooo wrong!! They would have you believe that its the voters that are keeping her in....Hmmmm I don't believe it for a second!! What a joke! 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

MrAndre76
21. RE: Bristol
Nov 15 2010, 1:01 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2010, 1:01 PM EST
Well catiel, you'll get no argument here. The judges scores are so inconsequential that they carry no credibility. If DWTS won't change the weight of the judges score, at least they should allow the judges to have a modecum of integrity and say it the way it is. Their coddling of Bristol is unfair. Their words I do believe influences some voters. We live in a nation of sheep apparently. If the judges are indicating that Bristol still has potentiel, then the voters will be swayed to go with the underdog. Apparently the voters are blind as well.... 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
22. RE: Bristol
Nov 16 2010, 3:59 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2010, 3:59 AM EST
After reading all the comments on this website and watching last night I can't believe the attention that has been focused on this young girl and how angry and divided it has made people. And I was hoping politics wouldn't play a part in this?? Just call me stupid!! Has she improved, yes. Does she work hard, definitely. Does she DESERVE on the basis of the QUALITY of her dancing to be there. I don't think so. And I fear a really good dancer is going home tonight and leaving her in the top 3. Don't laugh-she could win this thing! SHUDDER! 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

choolins
23. RE: Bristol
Nov 16 2010, 12:11 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2010, 12:11 PM EST
"PLLLLLLLLLEASE! Are we judging the dancing or is this a pity party? She spent a good bit of one dance laying on the floor! The girl can't dance; it's painful to watch. It seems like the judges have been contributing to a fix this season."
i agree
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

MrAndre76
24. RE: Bristol
Nov 16 2010, 2:17 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2010, 2:17 PM EST

Can anyone explain how Bristol's overall scores were higher than Brandy's last night? How did the judges come up with three nines for Brandy her first dance then give Bristol the same score? Are Brandy and Bristol in the sam league? Are the judges just a little bit bias, perhaps? Gimme a break!!!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

smwonders
25. RE: Bristol
Nov 16 2010, 2:37 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2010, 2:37 PM EST
OMG, I really can not believe how serious so many people get about a television show. "SHUDDER" ... really? 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

smwonders
26. RE: Bristol
Nov 16 2010, 2:42 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2010, 2:42 PM EST
Interesting Ren1, you stopped watching the show but still read and post on chat board. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

ElRoi
27. RE: Bristol
Nov 17 2010, 1:44 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 2:10 AM EST
Look folks, it's time to stop complaining and make your voice heard ! I have nothing against Bristol, but Brandy is the far better dancer. I have two suggestions to put forward to help prevent undeserving people from going forward. Before I make those suggestions, if DWTS wants this show to be a popularity contest, then DWTS should indicate as such. Here are my two suggestions that I will email to ABC (you all should do the same): 1. As I mentioned in a previous post, give the judges weight 75%, and the voting public 25% 2. Let the judges decide who will go forward in the semi finals, the finals, and ultimately who will be the champion. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

ElRoi
28. RE: Bristol
Nov 17 2010, 2:08 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 2:08 AM EST
Those of you who want to let your voice heard, go to ABC.com. Go to the bottom of the page and click on Contact Us. The rest is pretty clear... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

ElRoi
29. RE: Bristol
Nov 17 2010, 2:36 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 2:36 AM EST
Here is what Tom Bergeron, Host of DWTS, said to Movie Line: interviews || by Louis Virtel || 11 15 2010 ~ Here’s the thing. Let’s address the Bristol thing. That’s the thing I get the biggest kick out of on the show. I’m going to put on my political hat. I’m a liberal Democrat, and I state that proudly. But I have no patience with my friends who believe there is a conspiracy keeping Bristol on the show. They’ll say, and they’re friends of a similar political persuasion though I have friends across the spectrum, “Oh, well! She’s still on the show! She’s obviously not the best dancer! She gets the lowest scores!” My response to that is similar to my response to the midterm elections. I’ll say, “OK, right. So who did you vote for instead of Bristol?” “Uh, well, I don’t vote!” “Well, then, f*ck you.” I mean, basically! You can clean that up. I have no patience for that! If you don’t participate to create a different outcome — and this can be true in national politics or a TV reality show — then don’t piss and moan if you don’t like the way it’s playing out. You know, I’m sorry! I think Bristol is clearly not the best dancer here, but she’s a charming young woman who’s shown an incredible growth from week one to this week. If she happens to get more votes for whatever reason, more power to her. If you don’t like it, vote for someone else. But that’s been the part of the show that’s amused me, how quickly people are to seize on conspiracy theories when people aren’t involved in the process.

2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

ren1
30. RE: Bristol
Nov 17 2010, 4:06 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 4:06 AM EST
"Interesting Ren1, you stopped watching the show but still read and post on chat board."
While I will not be tuning in, watching or voting the rest of this season (because really??) I am still interested in how it's playing out.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Wilson67
31. RE: Bristol
Nov 17 2010, 5:48 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2010, 5:48 PM EST
I completely agree with ElRoi's post. The judges should definitely be the deciding factor, when determining who goes to the semi-finals/finals! Votes that are coming from the general population, because they are clearly not voting based on dancing!! It's a shame that some great dancers are gone based on popularity. I really wish that the judges would be a lot more critical of her dancing. That's the part that really bugs me. They rip everyone else a new butt hole, but Bristol gets treated with kids gloves! This has been a very disappointing season and I won't watch the show again after this season! But the one thing that everyone should do is VOTE!!! For those people who were voting for Brandy, Audrina, Rick, and Kurt, cast your vote for anyone but Bristol! DWTS has seriously lost its credibility!!! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

bah1214
32. RE: Bristol
Nov 18 2010, 8:00 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 18 2010, 8:00 AM EST
Does anyone really understand how the public voting is figured into the overall score? I've never really heard it explained. I have to agree with Tom Bergeron, if you don't vote for anyone then you really have no right to complain about someone staying or going. A few seasons back, when Sabrina was voted off everyone was complaining about her going. Well, if they liked her so well they should have voted for her instead of assuming she would make it through. You can't complain about something if you do nothing to change it or help it. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Previous | 1 2

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)