Discussion: BristolReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 33  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next

TGM122060
Bristol
Nov 3 2010, 12:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Nov 3 2010, 12:41 PM EDT
Rick out? I'm sorry. I think this is further proof that the voting is not on the up and up. That's how Kate stayed in so long. And, how Bristol stayed in. I used to love the show. But, I'm now done with it. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
MarkOwen
MarkOwen
1. RE: Bristol
Nov 3 2010, 9:54 PM EDT | Post edited: Nov 3 2010, 9:54 PM EDT
I'm sorry to say that I'm one who would have wanted Bristol to have a shot and not be thown off because of her name.But I have also seen her dance, Rick should not have left, it's time to wave goodbye to Bristol. I've alway's thought that the people should only get 1 vote, ( we're not voting for the president here). 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

jakinney
2. RE: Bristol
Nov 4 2010, 4:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 4 2010, 4:47 AM EDT
Bristol is not an star, entertainer or celebrity, how did she get on the show. Mommy's help, perhaps. She should have been gone long ago, she cannot dance. Cheryl and Ric had so much more going for them. I am becoming very disgusted with the show and the fans who vote for the likes of Bristol. Something is very wrong with the show and the idiot fans who vote for less than excellent dancing. 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
MarkOwen
MarkOwen
3. RE: Bristol
Nov 4 2010, 8:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 4 2010, 8:11 AM EDT
I'll agee Bristol is not a star, enterainer or celebrity, And a dancer she is not. I'm happy that she was given some time, as most that are on the show do not dance right away .I think of some of the first week stars that were voted off that could of had a chance to improve. I think the show would much better if no one left for the 1st 5 weeks then maybe two stars a week. Now for Voting 1only ONE vote person if ABC wants more than one vote charge a fee to go to that stars charity . Just my 2cents 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Bruno4
Bruno4
4. RE: Bristol
Nov 4 2010, 10:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Nov 4 2010, 10:14 AM EDT
"I'll agee Bristol is not a star, enterainer or celebrity, And a dancer she is not. I'm happy that she was given some time, as most that are on the show do not dance right away .I think of some of the first week stars that were voted off that could of had a chance to improve. I think the show would much better if no one left for the 1st 5 weeks then maybe two stars a week. Now for Voting 1only ONE vote person if ABC wants more than one vote charge a fee to go to that stars charity . Just my 2cents"
Isn't Sarah helping Bristol because she'll get 200-250K finishing in the Top 3? I can't believe Bristol speaks to teens and charges 25-30K a pop. A "hippo"crite says please practice unsafe sex when she didn't and she helps hide her kid when her mom is running for office in '08. Bristol was partying last weekend knowing she doesn't have to bust her a$$ like the other competitors did since she gets the free pass. We just hope she gets thrown off by ABC when they look at the books at where all her votes are coming from.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
MarkOwen
MarkOwen
5. RE: Bristol
Nov 4 2010, 2:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Nov 4 2010, 2:52 PM EDT
Ok Bruno is this a dance contest ,or a she makes more than I complaint board, Bo Ho her moms got an in. If you don't remember ABC wasn't to frendly to Gov.Palin don't know why they would change now.I only care that all the contestances were given a chance and now needed to be judged on their dancing. Stop your crying you getting my Capezio's wet. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Francine2
6. RE: Bristol
Nov 8 2010, 3:18 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 8 2010, 3:18 AM EST
PLLLLLLLLLEASE! Are we judging the dancing or is this a pity party? She spent a good bit of one dance laying on the floor! The girl can't dance; it's painful to watch. It seems like the judges have been contributing to a fix this season. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
socadiva
socadiva
7. RE: Bristol
Nov 8 2010, 10:07 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 8 2010, 10:07 AM EST
I AGREE WITH YOU 100% I THINK IT WAS FIXED , I AM DONE ALSO HOPE THAT BRANDY WINS............... 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
socadiva
socadiva
8. RE: Bristol
Nov 8 2010, 10:08 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 8 2010, 10:08 AM EST
I AGREE WITH YOU................... 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

MrAndre76
9. RE: Bristol
Nov 9 2010, 1:11 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 9 2010, 1:11 PM EST
I have no problem with Bristol per se. It's the specail treatment she gets tha upsets me. Her dances are dumbed down and her scores are inflated by the judges. None of her dances are comparable to Rick, Adriana and they are already gone. Even if the voters are whack, at least the playing field (complexity and judging) should be level.. No one is giving Kurt Warner a break. He is not comparable but he is working for every point. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

ElRoi
10. RE: Bristol
Nov 10 2010, 5:25 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 5:25 AM EST
Sarah Palin, or any other celebrity, has nothing to do with getting their children or friends, etc., on DWTS. They (DWTS) call and ask if you would like to appear on the show. Bristol was asked to appear probably because she is the daughter of Sarah Palin. If people at home don't support their favorite celebrity, then they will probably not move on ! My feeling is that the judges ought to have 75% of the weight, and the people at home 25%. Afterall, the judges should know who should move on. Margaret Cho screwed up royally and was not removed until a couple of shows later. The bottom line: the judges should rule ! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

yooperlady82
11. RE: Bristol
Nov 10 2010, 8:39 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 8:39 AM EST
Seriously people. This is a dancing competition. Why are the judges so easy on Bristol? They pound on Kyle Massey and give Brandy's partner grief because they didn't dance enough then praise Bristol? Are they not watching the same dancing that I am? The producers better wake up because their credibility is deteriorating. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

yooperlady82
12. RE: Bristol
Nov 10 2010, 8:41 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 8:41 AM EST
This isn't entirely true. Some of the past celebs have requested to be on the show. So we really have no way of knowing how Bristol got on the show. But most of us agree that it's time for her to go. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

smwonders
13. RE: Bristol
Nov 10 2010, 5:24 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 5:24 PM EST
Waaaa Waaaaa Waaaaa, sounds like sour grapes. 0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Wilson67
14. RE: Bristol
Nov 10 2010, 7:22 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2010, 7:22 PM EST
I agree that the judges should hold most of the weight, when deciding who's leaving. America's vote tends to be based more on popularity than dancing. And based on her dancing, Bristol should have gone a long time ago! Watching someone leave who is a far better dancer than she is, is very disappointing! I also feel that the judges need to be a little tougher on her. They seem to tap dance around her crappy dancing. Whether or not the person is a good or bad dancer, they should be more honest in they're scoring and comments. No hand holding allowed!! But bottom line, it's time for her to go and I think that DWTS should change the way voting is done next season! 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Francine2
15. RE: Bristol
Nov 15 2010, 4:45 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2010, 4:45 AM EST
Coddling Bristol on the grounds that she is "young" and "not a performer" is really thin. Bristol has been on many stages with her Mom practicing that limp, lifeless expression - she has fooled her own Mom plenty of times! She was old enough to have a baby and we have ladies younger than her currently serving in Iraq. No more coddling! Judges, you are losing your credibility and it appears that the show has its own agendas. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

ElRoi
16. RE: Bristol
Nov 15 2010, 7:14 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2010, 7:14 AM EST
This is what Hough, partner for Jennifer Gray, said about Bristol when asked a question from TV Guide:

TVGuide.com: Some fans are upset at Bristol outlasting Audrina, Rick and Kurt. What do you think?
Hough: I think it all depends on what you want to see and what America wants to see. Obviously they want to see Bristol carry on. If you base it on dance ability or dance quality, Audrina should still be here. But it's not just about that. It's about story, about people. It's a people show. The dancing element is the catalyst that creates these human moments. So the actual scores, they're important, but it's not the end-all, be-all.

1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
17. RE: Bristol
Nov 15 2010, 7:27 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2010, 7:27 AM EST
"This is what Hough, partner for Jennifer Gray, said about Bristol when asked a question from TV Guide:

TVGuide.com: Some fans are upset at Bristol outlasting Audrina, Rick and Kurt. What do you think?
Hough: I think it all depends on what you want to see and what America wants to see. Obviously they want to see Bristol carry on. If you base it on dance ability or dance quality, Audrina should still be here. But it's not just about that. It's about story, about people. It's a people show. The dancing element is the catalyst that creates these human moments. So the actual scores, they're important, but it's not the end-all, be-all.

"
As an employee of the show I'm sure Dereck had to quote the company line. I'll bet he has quite different opinions he has to keep to himself.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

bah1214
18. RE: Bristol
Nov 15 2010, 7:40 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2010, 7:40 AM EST
I understand what Derek is saying. This is not just a dance show it is a popularity contest as well. Bristol seems to be a sweet girl, but she really doesn't deserve to still be there. Rick & Audrina are far better dancers than she is. Yes she has improved but not enough to put her in the semi-finals over the others. People really need to stop voting for her. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

cathieil
19. RE: Bristol
Nov 15 2010, 12:19 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 15 2010, 12:19 PM EST
"I understand what Derek is saying. This is not just a dance show it is a popularity contest as well. Bristol seems to be a sweet girl, but she really doesn't deserve to still be there. Rick & Audrina are far better dancers than she is. Yes she has improved but not enough to put her in the semi-finals over the others. People really need to stop voting for her."
AMEN! Well said. I wish DWTS was just about the dancing. I also agree that the judges votes should carry more weight than viewers. They are the professionals. .
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)