Discussion: Mike Sorrentino a "Situation" on Season 11?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts

Wild-Kat
Mike Sorrentino a "Situation" on Season 11?
Sep 2 2010, 8:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 2 2010, 8:12 AM EDT
Another lightening rod for controversy, what do you think about Mike Sorrentino's inclusion on the Season 11 cast list? Is this likely to cause a "situation?!" Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
wendallpauls
wendallpauls
1. RE: Mike Sorrentino a "Situation" on Season 11?
Sep 3 2010, 7:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2010, 7:32 PM EDT
Initially - though I have never watched "Jersey Shore" - I thought his inclusion might prove to be something of interest. But he hasn't even shown up yet! How's that for commitment? If he can't put in the time, why on earth did he even sign up for the show? He's going to be the first one gone. Another Master P in the making. Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
2. RE: Mike Sorrentino a "Situation" on Season 11?
Sep 3 2010, 11:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2010, 11:17 PM EDT
"Initially - though I have never watched "Jersey Shore" - I thought his inclusion might prove to be something of interest. But he hasn't even shown up yet! How's that for commitment? If he can't put in the time, why on earth did he even sign up for the show? He's going to be the first one gone. Another Master P in the making."
He's filming Jershey Shore and has a contract with MTV too. He starts practice on Tuesday.
Do you find this valuable?    
wendallpauls
wendallpauls
3. RE: Mike Sorrentino a "Situation" on Season 11?
Sep 4 2010, 9:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 4 2010, 9:50 AM EDT
If it were filming an actual TV show - with a script, rehearsals, production, etc. etc - I probably could accept that. But this is a reality show. He just has to show up and do whatever it is he does. Do you find this valuable?    
wendallpauls
wendallpauls
4. RE: Mike Sorrentino a "Situation" on Season 11?
Sep 18 2010, 10:01 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 18 2010, 10:01 AM EDT
Just watched the clip posted of his first rehearsal with Karina Smirnoff. I must admit, I was impressed. Since I don't watch his show, and since he didn't show up for rehearsals immediately, I assumed he was the character he presence personified. After seeing the short clip, I happily retract all of it. The guy looks like he's going to take this seriously; so Karina might have a good partner on her hands this year. Do you find this valuable?