Showing 5 posts

redmenace529
Over and out
Aug 30 2010, 5:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 30 2010, 5:26 PM EDT
Love you guys, but I will not be watching this season at all, nor will I follow on the web. I realize ratings are important, but the producers are systematically destroying the spirit of the show. It's sunk to shameless. Last year was bad enough with that horrible woman, but at least she got voted off pretty quick. This year is just insulting to those who actually love what the show was originally about (that would be amateurs learning to dance ballroom). One complete Z-lister and a politician's kid? Seriously? SERIOUSLY???? Shameless shilling at its absolute worst. Hope Idol beats them every week this season. I'll come back when the "reality" show people and tabloid losers are left of the roster. Sooooo disappointed. At least PBS still shows REAL ballroom occasionally. PS - Best of luck to you Edyta, and Alec - you picked a perfect time to leave. Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
BrandonE
BrandonE
1. RE: Over and out
Aug 30 2010, 6:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 30 2010, 6:49 PM EDT
Actually, Edyta and Alec are still on contract to appear this season, meaning it could be their last.

This is interesting, I've heard people say previously that some of the cast are nobodys and the producers should get big names. But now I'm hearing people say some of the cast members are not stars (yet they're big names) and should not be on!

So that kind of confuses me...but I just like to see the celebrities give a good dance. That's it, something nice.
Do you find this valuable?    

redmenace529
2. RE: Over and out
Aug 31 2010, 5:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 31 2010, 5:47 AM EDT
The original spirit of the show (originating in the UK) was kind of a B-list thing to begin with. I personally don't care if they're "big names" or has-beens or what, as long as they are A) not ringers and B) actual celebrities. "Reality" show contestants are not celebrities solely by virtue of having had a camera on them at some point and the offspring of political figures aren't celebrities just for being born or doing something dumb in public. This year's cast is blatant pandering to the lowest common denominator and frankly the last two seasons have been over the top with the produciton numbers (snore) and breakaway costumes - too schticky, not enough dancey for me, but I love ballroom and do not watch reality TV (DWTS is not a reality show, btw, it's technically a "game show".). As for Edyta and Alec, I realize there's a contract, but contracts are negotiated out all the time. If they had to, I'm sure they could coax Lacey back for enough money. She's a spectacular ballrooom dancer and, like Edyta, never got the appreciation she deserved from the producers. Do you find this valuable?    

nightstar_
3. RE: Over and out
Sep 1 2010, 2:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 1 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
I don't even know half of this years "celebrities" The only ones I recognize are the idiots. I miss the older seasons Do you find this valuable?    

redmenace529
4. RE: Over and out
Sep 1 2010, 3:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 1 2010, 3:16 PM EDT
Ah, that's because they're not really "celebrities", they're objects of media scrutiny. Kind of like a car wreck, I think that's the difference. This is the legacy of "reality" TV (which , though 'unscripted' per se, is not real. Hey, if nobody dies, can you really call it "Survivor"????) You should not recognize them, they are not worth recognition. This supports my original premise, that I will not watch/follow this season. At all. Period. You fans rock though. Whether we agree or not, you're paying attention. I miss the earlier seasons too. More to the "spirit" of the competition, not this BS. Do you find this valuable?