Discussion: NICOLE WON!!!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 13 of 13  |  Show  posts at a time

saralovesmaksim!!
NICOLE WON!!!
May 25 2010, 6:40 PM EDT | Post edited: May 25 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
NICOLE WON!!! What a way to end a great season of Dancing With The Stars. Also, thank you for lettng me be a part of your fan site. I've really enjoyed talking to the other members of this site about Dancing With The Stars. Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
1. RE: NICOLE WON!!!
May 25 2010, 7:05 PM EDT | Post edited: May 25 2010, 7:05 PM EDT
Ok, I guess the "best" won, but I'm kind of disappointed.

1. Evan didn't get one 30. I thought his Argentine Tango deserved one (at the least), stupid ranking system.

2. I'm tired of the Hough/Ballas favoritism. They need to actually pair them up with bad dancers (like Kate xP), that's when I'll be impressed.

Eh. Ok Finale I guess.
Do you find this valuable?    

Pat320
2. RE: NICOLE WON!!!
May 26 2010, 2:59 PM EDT | Post edited: May 26 2010, 2:59 PM EDT
"NICOLE WON!!! What a way to end a great season of Dancing With The Stars. Also, thank you for letting me be a part of your fan site. I've really enjoyed talking to the other members of this site about Dancing With The Stars. "
Nicole deserved to win. It was very, very close there at the end though. The remaining 3 were all so good. I am completely impressed by the overall improvement everyone made during the season.

My man is the smokin' hot Chad. He is SOOooooooo beautiful. That gorgeous hunk of maleness can dance with me anytime. The other men are fine specimens of course but Chad left them in the dust for me when he took his shirt off. Wolf!!! And, he improved so much--from clunky football guy to light footed, graceful guy--that I'm very proud of him. However, looking at him makes me feel very cougar-ish. Grrrr.

I absolutely loved that they brought Buzz back for the finale. He's such a trooper with his wife in the bleachers clapping like a mad woman for him--just like we did at our house. What I love most is the example he sets for everyone. So many of the news-worthy never get it. Their celebrity comes with responsibility not simply benefits. Buzz understands it completely and I love him for it.

Certainly hope my baby Chad follows in Buzz's footsteps.

bah1214
3. RE: NICOLE WON!!!
May 29 2010, 8:20 AM EDT | Post edited: May 29 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
Ok, first of all congratulations to Nicole and Derek. Secondly, I have been watching this show since season 1 and have been a huge fan all along. I can honestly say I have never felt, until this season, that the winner was determined before the finals even started. If you were judging on their performances Monday & Tuesday then there is no way that Evan shouldn't have gotten at least two 30's which makes this an even closer finish than it was. I also find it real hard to believe that Evan didn't win the popular vote by quite a bit, of course ABC never tells what that is. If you were truely judging this competition on the two who were the most improved and showed the most progress then it should have been Erin and Evan in the final two. There isn't much that can be done now to rectify what has happened, but I really don't like how the whole thing was handled. I think this whole situation and controversy is going to hurt ABC & DWTS. It is something that shouldn't have happened the way it did and I am really disappointed that it did. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
4. RE: NICOLE WON!!!
May 30 2010, 4:35 AM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2010, 4:35 AM EDT
"Ok, first of all congratulations to Nicole and Derek. Secondly, I have been watching this show since season 1 and have been a huge fan all along. I can honestly say I have never felt, until this season, that the winner was determined before the finals even started. If you were judging on their performances Monday & Tuesday then there is no way that Evan shouldn't have gotten at least two 30's which makes this an even closer finish than it was. I also find it real hard to believe that Evan didn't win the popular vote by quite a bit, of course ABC never tells what that is. If you were truely judging this competition on the two who were the most improved and showed the most progress then it should have been Erin and Evan in the final two. There isn't much that can be done now to rectify what has happened, but I really don't like how the whole thing was handled. I think this whole situation and controversy is going to hurt ABC & DWTS. It is something that shouldn't have happened the way it did and I am really disappointed that it did."
I have to agree with you bah1214! The best won, and the best was the obvious choice from the first show, becausr the best is a dancer. If you really look at it, her scores only changed from Len....they were basically the same from Bruno and Carrie Ann right from the start. It does take a lot away from the competition when there is someone who is so talented in dance right from the start. I was disappointed with Mya's participation last season for the same reason. I have enjoyed the show much more when the stars were more on a level footing....watching improvement and development of dancing ability. So, I wonder who the next star dancing professional will be? Can you say "ringer"?

bah1214
5. RE: NICOLE WON!!!
May 30 2010, 9:26 AM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2010, 9:26 AM EDT
I know that Nicole is very good, but I can't say that I seen a whole lot of improvement in any area from start to finish. No one, who has been on this show, could not have improved in some area. The one good thing about having Derek as a partner is that he is so good he can cover some mistakes that hie partners make and sometimes make them look better than they really are. Do you find this valuable?    

greenknees
6. RE: NICOLE WON!!!
Jun 1 2010, 6:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 1 2010, 6:13 AM EDT
As a longtime fan, I truly feel abused and conned by ABC in the way they orchestrated and manipulated to get Nicole and Derek the trophy. The finale audience vote only counted for about 25% of the decision because they added a last dance. At that point Len Goodman announced Nicole should win, and EVAN HAD NOT EVEN DANCED YET!!

Left to the audience, America has consistently refused the trophy to those who came to the show ALREADY DANCERS....MLopez, MelB, Mya. The spirit of the show has always been the fun of the struggle to learn. Nicole didn't need to learn anything but new routines, and even at that she refused to learn the tough standards for the quickstep, chachaha and samba. She "performed" the style, but not the required steps. YET she was engineered to win.

ABC owes Evan Lysacek a HUGE APOLOGY for the way they threw him under the bus in the end. I'm glad he seemed to enjoy his run, because that's all he gets.

And GREAT JOB to Erin and Maks who provided by far the most entertainment of the Season -- along with Niecy Nash. Without them, I'm afraid it was a yawner. Ho Hum,

And I hope they've lavished those Ballas Brats with enough trophies for their lifetime by now. I'm sick of the bias toward them. Enough already . . . They aren't the only fab dancers on this silly show.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Pat320
7. RE: NICOLE WON!!!
Jun 1 2010, 10:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 1 2010, 10:51 AM EDT
Not being classically trained myself I cannot address the exact steps in each dance Nicole and Derek completed. BUT, Greenknees, I disagree with you about Nicole. I do agree that Len should not have stated that Nicole should win when everyone had not danced. That was very bad form on his part.

But my understanding was Nicole was not a 'dancer' when she came on board. She was a performer who danced. Erin had been trained as a dancer in her youth or so the information goes. If you took all the performances into consideration, Nicole out danced all her competitors and she was the best dancer the show has ever seen. Now--is this fair? Well, it's a personal opinion as are all art forms--they are subjective when the judging comes to the end. Clearly, the competitors who had more experience dancing ended better. Was it fair to the others that Evan had loads of experience ice skating where dance movement is clearly part of their training?

My personal favorites for individual performances were Erin's and Maks' blindfolded dance because of the very hot and very risky nature of it. They simply have to top the list. Anna's and Evan's pasodoble in second for the inventiveness and perfection of the movements. And finally Nicole's and Derek's -- well pick one. They were all so good even when they broke the rules per Len. That's the bottom line --they were ALL so good that Nicole won. And she should have.

bah1214
8. RE: NICOLE WON!!!
Jun 2 2010, 2:35 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 2 2010, 2:35 AM EDT
First of all, Nicole has been doing some sort of dance pretty much her entire life. Which puts her way ahead of everyone else. Secondly, if Erin had the amount of dance training that I have heard she has, she was way ahead of everyone else as well. Which means, in fairness, neither one should really have been asked to do the show. As far as Evan, ice skating is far from being the same thing as dancing. He had to learn everything else that competes on the show. He had to learn frame, pointing toes, moving hips and so on, as well as the choreography. People like to see someone like Evan learn and grow as the season goes on. Not be good from start to finish, never really showing any significant change or growth. What the judges did in regards to Evan & Anna was just wrong. They can't take the trophy away from Nicole, nor would I want them to. They could however, try to make this right with the viewers as well as with Evan. It has been talked about for several seasons now about having an all star/second chance type season, now may be the time. If you brought back other couples who finished in second or third place and let them compete against one another you might kill two birds with one stone. Those of us who felt Evan was not given a fair shot in the finals as well as other fans who thought some of their favorite couples were not treated fairly in the finals could come back and compete againtst one another. I think it would boost dwts ratings and go to appease a lot of fans at the same time. Do you find this valuable?    
wendallpauls
wendallpauls
9. RE: NICOLE WON!!!
Jun 8 2010, 4:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2010, 4:35 PM EDT
Where have you been for the other seasons? Julianne was paired with Adam Carolla after two back-to-back wins; Derick never won until Brooke Burke two seasons ago; and Mark was voted off first this season. It's not bias, it's talent. Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
10. RE: NICOLE WON!!!
Jun 8 2010, 5:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2010, 5:44 PM EDT
"Where have you been for the other seasons? Julianne was paired with Adam Carolla after two back-to-back wins; Derick never won until Brooke Burke two seasons ago; and Mark was voted off first this season. It's not bias, it's talent."
Key words there, "back-to-back wins".

Derek had a chance with Lil'Kim (who has experience), Joanna Krupa (who has experience) and Nicole (who has experience.) All back-to-back.

And that is fair they're giving Mark less experienced dancers to work with, but what are the chances they'll give him a start with experience for Season 11? Pretty good.

Pat320
11. RE: NICOLE WON!!!
Jun 11 2010, 3:05 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 11 2010, 3:06 AM EDT
Disagree. Ice-skating is not FAR from dancing. But it's not the same thing either. These are different ideas. A big part of training on ice is achieving graceful movement. Champion ice-skaters (one of my friends went to the Olympics as a singles skater) take years of dance lessons, usually ballet, from professionals to achieve grace while maintaining the technical precision important to the sport. Moreover, Evan is a seasoned performer (gold medalist) who was running two performances DWTS and his ice-skating appearances simultaneously. This goes to the bottom line of working under pressure. The majority of contestants didn't have this experience. You must have seen the amount of pressure everyone was under trying to learn the dances and perform on TV. But Evan simply pushed through, no drama.

Anna capitalized on Evan's superior strength, agility and athleticism directly translated from ice-skating to enhance the choreography's strength moves with extreme jumps and lifts. Of all the professionals, I was most impressed with her choreography and ability to translate his strengths. As a couple, they were wonderful, just out danced by the thinnest of margins possible.

ee4774
12. RE: NICOLE WON!!!
Jul 1 2010, 10:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 1 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
How well could either Erin or Evan do the final jive or freestyle of Nicole and Derek? How well could Nicole and Derek do either Erin or Evan's finale dances? It was clear who should have been chosen as the winners and I'm happy the voters agreed. I have no idea how someone came up with a calculation that the audience lost 25% of the contribution because of an extra dance. Points are points - the judges just had more points to spread over the final three but the share of the contribution remained the same.

I agree that if I thought this show was a conspiracy to choose one person from the beginning to win I would not enjoy it either. I felt that way with Donny last year and thought we would see a repeat of the Olympian win this season. Evan was projected to win before the dancing started based on history. I think everyone expected to see Nicole and Evan in the finals - Nicole just outdanced him.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)