Discussion: dancing with the stars judging panelReported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 30 of 30  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2
BrandonE
BrandonE
20. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 19 2010, 1:55 PM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2010, 1:55 PM EDT
Terrific final 3. It's going to be a great finish, hopefully. Do you find this valuable?    

ydrye
21. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 24 2010, 9:32 AM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 9:32 AM EDT
The purpose of DWTS is to have little dance experience--not a PRO--and shows lots of improvement from beginning to end of the show. In my opinion Evan and Nicole are close to pro status--they've had an advantage all along over the others. ERIN ANDREWS is the one with little dance experience and has made leaps and bounds of improvement--especially her leap--that deserved all 10s. She has not made a 30 yet, but should have. I'm voting for ERIN!! Do you find this valuable?    

ydrye
22. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 24 2010, 9:39 AM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 9:39 AM EDT
I think it is unfair that Evan and Nicole were selected for the show with their dance experience. Figure skating is dancing on ice and Nicole sings and dances professionally. ERIN should win--least dance experience and great improvement. The Best Sexual Chemistry!! Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
23. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 24 2010, 9:44 AM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
"The purpose of DWTS is to have little dance experience--not a PRO--and shows lots of improvement from beginning to end of the show. In my opinion Evan and Nicole are close to pro status--they've had an advantage all along over the others. ERIN ANDREWS is the one with little dance experience and has made leaps and bounds of improvement--especially her leap--that deserved all 10s. She has not made a 30 yet, but should have. I'm voting for ERIN!!"
No question about it that Erin has made great progress, and truly more than the others. I really like Evan and Anna, but I really do see your point. I have never beem a fan of pro dancers coming on the show either, but figure skaters don't have the dance experience that you might expect. This being said, they probably do have more than someone like Erin. But Erin did have dance lessons when she was younger.

I would not be disappointed by any of the final three winning because they have all brought so much to the show. But my order of preference would be Evan, Erin, Nicole...but that's just me. :)
Do you find this valuable?    

ydrye
24. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 24 2010, 2:00 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
I get your point, but I still consider dancing on ice as dancing and he won a gold medal. You don't mean that doesn't make him a pro. You are considered a professional if you get paid for it; I'm sure Evan and Nicole have had monetary rewards for their prior experience.

My granddaughters and daughters took dancing at a studio when they were young; large groups, very individual attention, and you didn't advance very far. I guess to be fair about it none of the participants were paid for ballroom dancing, such as waltzes, samba, etc.

offwithherhead
25. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 24 2010, 2:58 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 2:58 PM EDT
I really do get what you mean about "dancing on ice", but believe me skating is nowhere near dancing. And actually singles skating is way different than the ice dance that you see a couple performing. My niece and nephew were in competitive Ice Dance and that, if any thing, more closely resembles dance. Well, I would not want to see them on a dance floor. lol. I love them both dearly, but they are not dancers (and they were ranked nationally at one point).

But I really do feel that Erin has come the farthest fo all of them since the first show. It's going to be a great final anyway! :)

ydrye
26. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 24 2010, 4:10 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
Just finished watching the show tonight. Erin and Maks were awesome!! They seemed to enjoy the dances, rumba was great, freestyle very creative and truly showed their sexual chemistry. These two belong together and should be the winners!! Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
27. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 24 2010, 4:20 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
"Just finished watching the show tonight. Erin and Maks were awesome!! They seemed to enjoy the dances, rumba was great, freestyle very creative and truly showed their sexual chemistry. These two belong together and should be the winners!!"
They were amazing tonight...and I loved their Freestyle! What a long way she has come from the start. Without a doubt, she has improved the most, and she was most deserving of her top scores!
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
28. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
Jun 1 2010, 7:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 1 2010, 7:41 AM EDT
ok....I must make one final comment on the judging panel.....how on earth can Len say to Nicole that she should win before Evan does his last dance?!!!.....talk about rigged!!....no judge in any event I've ever watched actually announced the winner before eveyone had competed!.....even if he felt that way it was not something he should have ever announced! Do you find this valuable?    

bah1214
29. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
Jun 19 2010, 9:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 19 2010, 9:33 AM EDT
I know it has been almost a month since the finals, and every time I think about how this season ended it still upsets me. I have never before watched any sort of competition, sporting or dancing or whatever, and truly felt like the winners were determined before the competition even began. A judges job is to be completely unbiased and objective and judge on what you see not on who you think the winner should be. ABC and the judges panel deserves any and all criticisizing they receive. Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)