Discussion: dancing with the stars judging panelReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 30  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next

dancecraze
dancing with the stars judging panel
May 4 2010, 5:58 AM EDT | Post edited: May 4 2010, 5:58 AM EDT
I am very disappointed with the judges on dancing with the stars!!! How can you give Evan a perfect score of 30 and not Nicole who clearly wows us each week!! Len even gave a 10 to Chad who didn't deserve it over Nicole!!! I mean OMG what does she have to do to get a perfect score of 30???? Personally, she was cheated and robbed the past 2 weeks with her score. She is being judged as a professional ballroom dancer and she isn't. I believe that just because she is a professional musical singer with so much dancing talent she is being discriminated against by being judged too harshly by far as the others. Evan is a professional ice skater with dancing talent too but they are clearly being judged on a different scale.

They expect three times as much from the female performers than they do the males and I am sick of it!!!! Where is the male difficulty and techincal form besides supporting (the pros while they do their thing)and sliding around on the dance floor. Their female partners make them better than they are!

GIVE NICOLE HER PROPS & CROWN SHE DESERVES!!!!!!!!!
Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
1. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 4 2010, 3:07 PM EDT | Post edited: May 4 2010, 3:07 PM EDT
Len never gave Chad a 10. He's only given one 10 this season, which was last night to Evan & Anna.

I sort of agree, he probably should have given her a 10 in the "Pretty Woman" tango.

greenknees
2. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 10 2010, 7:14 AM EDT | Post edited: May 10 2010, 7:14 AM EDT
Nicole does not deserve 30's IMO because she refuses to learn and dance the proper dance moves for the assigned dance. Her perfectionism likely keeps her from trying to learn stuff she doesn't already know and every dance looks like a PCD routine. She may have developed the skills since starting in her youth, but she hasn't achieved the mental toughness and maturity to dance a perfect dance.

OVERALL, the DWTS judges are too impressed with themselves. They seem to rotate the role of bad guy each season for one of them to keep the skids on the scores, while the other two can hype the dances to make the audience think it's a great show. They are totally not credible as judges. Simply tools of the production, and damned poor at their jobs.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

greenknees
3. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 10 2010, 7:16 AM EDT | Post edited: May 10 2010, 7:16 AM EDT

By all that's good in this world, EVAN LYSACECK will win!

offwithherhead
4. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 10 2010, 1:22 PM EDT | Post edited: May 10 2010, 1:22 PM EDT
" They are totally not credible as judges. Simply tools of the production, and damned poor at their jobs. "
Actually I really like Len's opinions...he is really the only one with Ballroom experience and has actually judged real competitions. As for the other two...they make for good entertainment...Bruno is hilarious.

And btw, I think Evan is going to win too!

dancecraze
5. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 11 2010, 11:13 AM EDT | Post edited: May 11 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
If the winner is judged by popularity and not dance talent then yes, he probably will win, but will he deserve it ? After the performances Derek and Nicole gave last night I think NOT! Do you find this valuable?    

dancecraze
6. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 11 2010, 11:31 AM EDT | Post edited: May 11 2010, 11:31 AM EDT
Don't hate on Nicole. She only does what Derek creates for them to perform. Derek is so creative and such an excellent ballroom dancer and partner. I could watch him all night! I almost did.. I rewinded their performance 4 times!! LOL. Nicole does take dancing very seriously and it shows! All I can say is... You Go Girl!!! Even the judges agree she's the best ever! So don't hate just vote right! Love, Love, Love Bruno!! Do you find this valuable?    

dancecraze
7. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 11 2010, 11:35 AM EDT | Post edited: May 11 2010, 11:35 AM EDT
Greenknees: respect your opinion and agree to a certain extent. Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
8. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 11 2010, 1:11 PM EDT | Post edited: May 11 2010, 1:11 PM EDT
It's not really a popularity contest, because the cast as a whole are pretty popular. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
9. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 12 2010, 2:58 AM EDT | Post edited: May 12 2010, 2:58 AM EDT
"It's not really a popularity contest, because the cast as a whole are pretty popular."
Yeah, I have to agree with you Brandon...I think each star brings a different fan base.

Nicole is a fantastic dancer, but her rehearsal videos drive me crazy, with all the boo-hooing about wanting it to be perfect. She is taking over where Kate left off. Just get on with it !! Her dances are always great in the end, so just get rid of the drama.

dancecraze
10. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 12 2010, 4:21 AM EDT | Post edited: May 12 2010, 4:21 AM EDT
BrandonE: remember last season when Donnie Osmond won over Mya-POPULARITY
He definitely wasn't the best! I rest my case. I vote-do you? I can't wait for the finale.
I think Chad will be next to go or at least he should. Here's my pick for top 3:
3rd- should go to Erin
2nd- should be Evan
1st -should be Nicole, just my opinion for fun-----right. I wish them all good luck.
It will be a good finale because they all will bring something different and entertaining to this season's finale. "don't forget to set your DVR!" :)

offwithherhead
11. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 12 2010, 7:05 AM EDT | Post edited: May 12 2010, 7:05 AM EDT
"
I think Chad will be next to go or at least he should. Here's my pick for top 3:
3rd- should go to Erin
2nd- should be Evan
1st -should be Nicole, just my opinion for fun-----right. I wish them all good luck.
It will be a good finale because they all will bring something different and entertaining to this season's finale. "don't forget to set your DVR!" :) "
I kind of see it shaping up this way too Dancecraze. I would be very surprised if it ended any differently...but I really like Evan. lol. But like you say, it will be a very entertaining finale!

dancecraze
12. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 12 2010, 11:37 AM EDT | Post edited: May 12 2010, 11:37 AM EDT
Offwithherhead: It all depends on how the viewers vote so anything is possible. Look at all the other past season. Do you vote? Good luck-- Evan has a very good chance to win. I can't wait!! Chat wit ya after the finale! Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
13. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 12 2010, 1:57 PM EDT | Post edited: May 12 2010, 1:57 PM EDT
"BrandonE: remember last season when Donnie Osmond won over Mya-POPULARITY
He definitely wasn't the best! I rest my case. I vote-do you? I can't wait for the finale."
Yes, that was LAST season. Not this season, people actually know the cast this time.

If Mya was more popular, she would have definitely beat Donny.

offwithherhead
14. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 12 2010, 6:35 PM EDT | Post edited: May 12 2010, 6:35 PM EDT
"Do you vote? "
Yes, I do vote, and I usually split my votes...I use some for my favorite and some for the best dancers of the night.

Really, if Erin, Evan and Nicole make it to the final, I wouldn't be disappointed with any of them winning...they are all good.

dancecraze
15. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 13 2010, 9:51 AM EDT | Post edited: May 13 2010, 9:51 AM EDT
offwithherhead: I agree. I won't be either. Have a nice day Do you find this valuable?    
pawalker2010
pawalker2010
16. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 17 2010, 7:43 AM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2010, 7:43 AM EDT
I think the judges have been too hard on Nicole, but seem to be coming around now....I cannot believe Chad is still in it because I think he is just awful....he's lucky to have Cheryl as a partner because she can make anyone look good....but the final has to be Evan, Nicole, and Erin.........I'm personally rooting for the final 2 to be Erin and Nicole and then it would be a toss-up......Even is good but he is still a bit stiff and seems to rely a bit too much on his skating moves yet....(spins, and such if you've noticed).....but I think overall the season has been good except for awful, awful, awful Kate and her whining, crying, complaining self......she should have been off first.....but no accounting for the fans votes.....anyhow best of luck to all the finalists. Do you find this valuable?    

redmenace529
17. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 17 2010, 1:47 PM EDT | Post edited: May 17 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
"Actually I really like Len's opinions...he is really the only one with Ballroom experience and has actually judged real competitions. As for the other two...they make for good entertainment...Bruno is hilarious.

And btw, I think Evan is going to win too! "
Right on the money as usual, OWHH, Len is the only one who won't let the pairs off the hook when they don't fill the requirements of the dance, and even he doesn't go far enough sometimes. Derek and Nicole's Foxtrot - though thoroughly entertaining to watch - was not as he would say, "a proper dance". It missed several elements (as opposed to that crazy-great 50's paso which was mind blowing AND met the criteria). Carrie Ann gets cranky on 'em every so often (eg, w/the lifts), but not to any great effect. Bruno picks on little stuff but generally slobbers all over 'em, though I LOVE BRUNO and agree that he's just funny as hell.

dancecraze
18. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 19 2010, 4:20 AM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2010, 4:20 AM EDT
pawalker2010: Great semi-finals Monday night! We the voters got it right this time for the final 3. Looking forward to the showdown on the 24th. I just know that Derek and Nicole are going to bring their A-game. That Derek is sooooo smooth and creative. I love his work every season. Good luck to all finalist. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
19. RE: dancing with the stars judging panel
May 19 2010, 10:38 AM EDT | Post edited: May 19 2010, 10:38 AM EDT
"pawalker2010: Great semi-finals Monday night! We the voters got it right this time for the final 3. Looking forward to the showdown on the 24th. I just know that Derek and Nicole are going to bring their A-game. That Derek is sooooo smooth and creative. I love his work every season. Good luck to all finalist."
I totally agree....it was an awesome semi final and the best three are heading to the finals. All three teams have put a tremendous amount of work and effort into getting to the finals. Should be very exciting! Can't wait!!
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)