Discussion: Goodbye Buzz--We Salute YouReported This is a featured thread

Showing 3 posts

Pat320
Goodbye Buzz--We Salute You
Apr 7 2010, 6:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 7 2010, 6:48 AM EDT
Buzz--
Last night my husband & I watched you dance. When you appeared on stage in your uniform with ribbons and medals, I turned to my husband who is a highly decorated Navy man himself and said, "Hey, he has a medal around his neck. Why don't you have one of those?" My husband laughed, "Because I've never been to the moon, honey." I laughed too but for a different reason. I'm a dancer. "Well, I'm guessing Buzz thinks the moon looks pretty easy after DWTS."

Your age held you at a lower performance level, but you know that. No matter. You STILL got it going on. And you're STILL handsome! Who couldn't be happy about that? We loved your vigor and willingness to compete beside people 50 years younger than yourself. That's courage. WE SALUTE YOU..
Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
1. RE: Goodbye Buzz--We Salute You
Apr 8 2010, 7:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2010, 7:09 PM EDT
"Buzz--
Last night my husband & I watched you dance. When you appeared on stage in your uniform with ribbons and medals, I turned to my husband who is a highly decorated Navy man himself and said, "Hey, he has a medal around his neck. Why don't you have one of those?" My husband laughed, "Because I've never been to the moon, honey." I laughed too but for a different reason. I'm a dancer. "Well, I'm guessing Buzz thinks the moon looks pretty easy after DWTS."

Your age held you at a lower performance level, but you know that. No matter. You STILL got it going on. And you're STILL handsome! Who couldn't be happy about that? We loved your vigor and willingness to compete beside people 50 years younger than yourself. That's courage. WE SALUTE YOU.."
Very nice post and well said!!
Do you find this valuable?    

spittledude
2. RE: Goodbye Buzz--We Salute You
Apr 11 2010, 9:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 11 2010, 9:46 AM EDT
Yes, he did well conisdering his age. But many say age is just a number, so who really cares if he is eighty? He is another to try something challenging, like Cloris Leachman. And nice post. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)