Discussion: This is rediculous!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 16 of 16  |  Show  posts at a time

bigbrofan05
This is ridiculous!
Mar 31 2010, 4:38 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2010, 4:38 PM EDT
It is very obvious that Kate is on this show for RATINGS! She is at the tail end of the show for each of her performances and and the tail end of the results, they know people are watching her, wanting her to fail. People are watching because she is like a train wreck! Her performance was embarassing and very hard to watch. I own a hair salon, a place where people gossip about everything 'Hollywood', and I haven't heard of a single person who wants her on or who has voted FOR her. Shame on you DWTS and ABC, send her home to be with her kids.....something she is always saying is a priority! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

offwithherhead
1. RE: This is rediculous!
Mar 31 2010, 6:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2010, 6:07 AM EDT
"It is very obvious that Kate is on this show for RATINGS! She is at the tail end of the show for each of her performances and and the tail end of the results, they know people are watching her, wanting her to fail. People are watching because she is like a train wreck! Her performance was embarassing and very hard to watch. I own a hair salon, a place where people gossip about everything 'Hollywood', and I haven't heard of a single person who wants her on or who has voted FOR her. Shame on you DWTS and ABC, send her home to be with her kids.....something she is always saying is a priority!"
You know, bigbrofan05, I try to keep an open mind about the choices the show makes, in regards to casting, but in this case I have to agree with you totally. I think that she brings nothing to it that I consider to be entertaining. She is always in a bad mood...and wants to control everything. There are plenty of ways to "support your children" that don't involve being on television. I couldn't believe that Shannen was sent home before Kate!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
2. RE: This is rediculous!
Mar 31 2010, 1:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2010, 1:48 PM EDT
"It is very obvious that Kate is on this show for RATINGS! She is at the tail end of the show for each of her performances and and the tail end of the results, they know people are watching her, wanting her to fail. People are watching because she is like a train wreck! Her performance was embarassing and very hard to watch. I own a hair salon, a place where people gossip about everything 'Hollywood', and I haven't heard of a single person who wants her on or who has voted FOR her. Shame on you DWTS and ABC, send her home to be with her kids.....something she is always saying is a priority!"
It's all money my friend. Big ratings=Big money.
DaMamaJama
DaMamaJama
3. RE: This is rediculous!
Mar 31 2010, 3:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
I would LOVE to see the Nielsen ratings for future eps of the show and the giant PLUMMET when Kate and Tony dance. Such a shame since Tony is so amazing. I say, since Mark is out of commission, that Shannen and Tony should dance together! Who's with me?! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

offwithherhead
4. RE: This is rediculous!
Mar 31 2010, 5:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
"I would LOVE to see the Nielsen ratings for future eps of the show and the giant PLUMMET when Kate and Tony dance. Such a shame since Tony is so amazing. I say, since Mark is out of commission, that Shannen and Tony should dance together! Who's with me?!"
Hey, works for me! I am a huge Tony fan and I would love to see him win a mirror ball trophy, but alas, Kate is not going to be his vehicle to getting one.
Do you find this valuable?    

cathy4330_2
5. RE: This is rediculous!
Apr 5 2010, 10:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 5 2010, 10:49 AM EDT
I was disgusted with Kate when they were telling who was being voted off, the whole time, she had a nasty look on her face, like she was just mad, she needs to learn about being respectful. all the others were smiling, even though I am sure they did not feel like it, but not Kate. If she stays on any longer, I am just not watching, I am totally sick of the way she acts, and thinks she is always right. plus she can't dance. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Pat320
6. RE: This is ridiculous!
Apr 14 2010, 2:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2010, 2:34 PM EDT
I just wanted to spell RIDICULOUS correctly. Ha! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

bigbrofan05
7. RE: This is ridiculous!
Apr 14 2010, 4:39 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2010, 4:39 PM EDT
feel better? Do you find this valuable?    

Pat320
8. RE: This is ridiculous!
Apr 15 2010, 12:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 15 2010, 12:23 AM EDT
"feel better?"
Much.

redmenace529
9. RE: This is ridiculous!
Apr 15 2010, 11:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 15 2010, 11:13 AM EDT
Agreed. It seems as if they're already floating the notion in the entertainment media that that horrible woman may have to "choose between dancing and her kids". Well I will proffer the theory that when the pack winnows down to where there is no choice but to boot her off for not having any talent or ability, she will suddendly have to "drop out to be with her kids" - who are OF COURSE her NUMBER ONE PRIORITY (sure they are). She'll save face, claim it as a victory (because she's NEVER wrong you know), and never have to face the well deserved shame that would inevitably run her over. Any thoughts? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

mjnontario
10. RE: This is ridiculous!
Apr 18 2010, 10:33 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2010, 10:33 AM EDT
I know that some people, families and such, often vote for the people they like, regardless of their ability to dance. I cannot comprehend how Kate is still on the show. She sulks, she whines and she stumbles around the dance floor like a child learning to walk. Really, when does this women ever see her kids. She is writing books, guest hosting TV shows (Insider) and performing on a TV show. She claims she has to support her children. I am quite sure that the 5 years of "Jon and Kate Plus 8" generated enough income, if invested, to raise 100 families of 8 children and their parents. Kate just does not llike to lose the spotlight. I found on the show, which I watched because of the adorable children, Kate became an increasing shrew. She is definitely one of those people who craves constant attention. I hope Jon recovers from having her in his life, and settles down with a nice woman. I find it hard to believe that there are really enough stupid people in the U.S. that are voting to keep her on the show. The only dancer worse than her was Buzz, but at least he had contributed something to society to warrant some sympathy votes. I will continue to watch this season to the outcome just because it is so riveting in stupidity, but will not bother to watch in the future. It has become nothing but a joke. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

offwithherhead
11. RE: This is ridiculous!
Apr 18 2010, 10:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2010, 5:20 PM EDT
"Agreed. It seems as if they're already floating the notion in the entertainment media that that horrible woman may have to "choose between dancing and her kids". Well I will proffer the theory that when the pack winnows down to where there is no choice but to boot her off for not having any talent or ability, she will suddendly have to "drop out to be with her kids" - who are OF COURSE her NUMBER ONE PRIORITY (sure they are). She'll save face, claim it as a victory (because she's NEVER wrong you know), and never have to face the well deserved shame that would inevitably run her over. Any thoughts?"
I can totally see that happening, because just looking at her schedule in the past week (the show, hosting on ET shows and the like, interviews on other shows, book tour things, not to mention that she is probably in the planning stages of "her new show"...and yeah, the 8 children at home) the bottom may soon fall out. We are down to 8 now, so we should see in a few weeks...if she lasts that long.

offwithherhead
12. RE: This is ridiculous!
Apr 18 2010, 10:52 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2010, 10:52 AM EDT
" I find it hard to believe that there are really enough stupid people in the U.S. that are voting to keep her on the show. "
I am thinking that eventually all the fans of the stars, that didn't deserve to go home, will throw their votes to ANYONE other than Kate and will finally outnumber her fans and she will go home. I would have thought that woud have happened sooner than this, but it is what it is.

redmenace529
13. RE: This is ridiculous!
Apr 18 2010, 1:46 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Oh, you forgot that other little thing she has to do...what was it again....oh yeah - the custody hearing. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
14. RE: This is ridiculous!
Apr 18 2010, 5:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2010, 5:25 PM EDT
"Oh, you forgot that other little thing she has to do...what was it again....oh yeah - the custody hearing."
OMG, how could I have forgotten about that?!!!! Earlier I was watching yet another interview, of her with Jim Moret. So much crying...it is actually hard to feel sorry for someone who cries all the time and never stops feeling sorry for herself.

redmenace529
15. RE: This is ridiculous!
Apr 19 2010, 3:02 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2010, 3:02 AM EDT
I get it - really I do - if you don't get ratings the show doesn't come back next year, but honestly I've been watching since the opening credits of season one and with all the ratings-driven changes, I think the show has lost some of it's original charm. It supposed to be a bunch of "oh my God where'd they dig him/her up" B- of C-list schlubs with no recent or relevant dance background trying to channel their inner Fred or Ginger. It's gotten so far away from that (plus all the add-ons: Country Line Dancing is NOT ballroom! What the????) Poor Len's the only one who ever mentions the actual technical requirements of the dance and he gets roundly booed. It's not strictly a fanciful popularity contest, people. I believe that show was called "Celebrity Death Match." Do you find this valuable?