Discussion: Niecy Nash...Under Rated.Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

offwithherhead
Niecy Nash...Under Rated.
Mar 29 2010, 5:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2010, 5:34 PM EDT
Last week I thought that she did way better than her scores reflected...this week I am sure. And this is not because I am a huge fan of hers or anything like that...I had no good expectations of her at all. I just believe that Niecy is NOT getting the scores she has earned. Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
1. RE: Niecy Nash...Under Rated.
Mar 29 2010, 6:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 29 2010, 6:03 PM EDT
Yeah I thought her Cha Cha Cha last week wasn't that bad, but they were pretty tough on her. Do you find this valuable?    

Pat320
2. RE: Niecy Nash...Under Rated.
Apr 14 2010, 2:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2010, 2:56 PM EDT
I disagree. Niecy is clearly a great person. I like her. But let's face it, Niecy is BIG. She has difficulty moving well due to her weight. Now, don't get all PC on me. Hear me out. In order to dance effectively you have to be able to move quickly, precisely and effectively to express the dance. More weight means less precision. She is moving the mass of her body around better than anyone I've ever seen--like the non-professional salsa dancing Latino women who tend to be quite heavy--but I think the scores are correct in Niecy's case. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
3. RE: Niecy Nash...Under Rated.
Apr 14 2010, 3:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 14 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
"I disagree. Niecy is clearly a great person. I like her. But let's face it, Niecy is BIG. She has difficulty moving well due to her weight. Now, don't get all PC on me. Hear me out. In order to dance effectively you have to be able to move quickly, precisely and effectively to express the dance. More weight means less precision. She is moving the mass of her body around better than anyone I've ever seen--like the non-professional salsa dancing Latino women who tend to be quite heavy--but I think the scores are correct in Niecy's case."
I made that post on the first week when she did the Cha Cha Cha....and I really felt that she didn't get full credit when you compared her to others...however, having said that, I totally agree with you in this weeks performance. As others are progressing, her weight does seem to be impeding her.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)