Discussion: Mya playing it safeReported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts
eguy
eguy
Mya playing it safe
Nov 24 2009, 8:00 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2009, 8:00 AM EST
Wow. If there was ever a time for Mya NOT to listen to Dmitry, it was for the freestyle dance. I was so bored. It was technically good. But she pulled a Gilles! Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: dmitry mya

carnia
1. RE: Mya playing it safe
Nov 25 2009, 3:24 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2009, 3:24 AM EST
I agree, Dmitry was one of the main reasons Mya didn't win, he never utilized her full talent . Her free style was very boring. Dmitry was not a good partner for her. He even said he never got this far! If she was partnered with Mark or Hough we would have seen some fantastic routines...I also feel DWTS was biased with Donny Osmond, he also had free press from his sister on Entertainment tonight then they let him sing! come on! Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
2. RE: Mya playing it safe
Nov 25 2009, 12:41 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2009, 12:41 PM EST
Dmitry made a wrong choice, at the wrong time. I thought they were going to do a Hip-Hop routine or something, because that's what she does, yes? She probably could have won with something like that. Do you find this valuable?    

walrusworldstudios
3. RE: Mya playing it safe
Nov 25 2009, 5:08 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2009, 5:08 PM EST
I am going to have to agree with eguy. Dmitry did make a wrong choice, and I do not understand why Mya agreed to it. I did not find DWTS that biased to Donny Osmond, but perhaps a bit. However, if a Hip-Hop performance, Mya could have easily won! Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
4. RE: Mya playing it safe
Nov 25 2009, 6:41 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2009, 6:41 PM EST
I totally agree. Dmitry messed with Mya's chances all season. Len fired up on them in the very first week (gave them a 5 when the other judges gave them an 8!) because of the choreography. And the freestyle should have been the chance to blow everyone away with Mya's skills. A hip hop routine would have been a great idea, walrusworldstudios! Do you find this valuable?    

walrusworldstudios
5. RE: Mya playing it safe
Nov 25 2009, 6:50 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2009, 6:50 PM EST
Please, call me Walrus or Matthew. Also, you are correct. Mya, no offense to her, is not the best at performing freestyle dancing. Dmitry basically set Mya up for failure by having her dance freestyle, which was her ultimate downfall in the end. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)