Discussion: What did you think of the stars' backstories?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts
eguy
eguy
What did you think of the stars' backstories?
Nov 17 2009, 7:37 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2009, 7:37 AM EST
Donny was a showbiz kid, Joanna came from simple means, Mya was self-disciplined and Kelly was an Osbourne. Who's backstory did you find the most interesting? Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
AiryFairyArms
AiryFairyArms
1. RE: What did you think of the stars' backstories?
Nov 17 2009, 7:57 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2009, 7:57 AM EST
The 3 girls seemed to push poverty, family issues or the difficulties of being born into a celebrity last name, as reasons for their varied success, good for them, whatever works. Donny has been at it for so long it was nice to see his history and constant family support. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
2. RE: What did you think of the stars' backstories?
Nov 17 2009, 10:49 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2009, 10:49 AM EST
Yeah, I hadn't really kept track of Donny's career (which I guess was their point), so it was interesting that he and his kids implied that he had a hard time after he peaked in the mid-to-late '70s. His kids seemed super supportive of a guy who's probably spent a lot of their lives on the road performing.

Kelly's was super interesting too. I'd forgotten how long ago their reality show was. She was so young to be dealing with being that public...
Do you find this valuable?    
eguy
eguy
3. RE: What did you think of the stars' backstories?
Nov 17 2009, 11:16 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2009, 11:16 AM EST
I like Joanna more after learning her history. I think that coming from lesser means can be very motivating. I really liked Donny's family and that Donny would tell his kids "Let's make a game out of it" when he tried to get them to do chores. For Kelly, it's pretty unfair to have your awkward teenage years on the television. I had a completely different concept of who Kelly was, and I'm so glad that she's on DWTS. She's changed so much over the past few months. She really is a much better dancer than she was when she started, she looks absolutely fabulous, and she's the most grateful and least arrogant person on the show. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
4. RE: What did you think of the stars' backstories?
Nov 21 2009, 6:12 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2009, 6:12 AM EST
I thought it was really nice to get to know more about the stars, but I did find that there was a definite "sap factor" in most of them. It was like this was the "fourth dance" of the night for the public to vote on. Do you find this valuable?