Discussion: Week 8!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 10 posts
jakefwp
jakefwp
Week 8!
Nov 9 2009, 9:11 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 9 2009, 9:11 AM EST
Down to the final five already. Double eliminations the last two weeks will do that, I guess. Seems like the end of the line for either Aaron or Kelly, I think. I hope it's not Kelly.... Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None

offwithherhead
1. RE: Week 8!
Nov 9 2009, 2:51 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 9 2009, 2:51 PM EST
OK, so Kelly does a great Foxtrot...she gets good marks for it...and two of the judges say "if you stay in this" and "if you continue". Are the judges trying to set this week up too? I just don't get it. Aaron didn't do nearly as well and they don't give comments like that... wouldn't want to hurt his little feelers and make him cry. Harumph!!! Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
2. RE: Week 8!
Nov 9 2009, 3:18 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 9 2009, 3:18 PM EST
So far (in the ballroom round), I think Joanna looks like she might go......she better make up for it in the Latin round. Aaron too. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
3. RE: Week 8!
Nov 9 2009, 4:04 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 9 2009, 4:04 PM EST
"So far (in the ballroom round), I think Joanna looks like she might go......she better make up for it in the Latin round. Aaron too."
She totally made up for the ballroom round...the futuristic Paso Doble that she and Derek did was amazing!!. After two rounds, Donny and Aaron are tied for the bottom. It will be interesting tomorrow night....could be some tears.
Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
4. RE: Week 8!
Nov 9 2009, 7:31 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 9 2009, 7:31 PM EST
What a crazy night. Joanna totally made up for her ballroom. The paso doble brought out the absolute worst in Donny, and who knows what will happen with Aaron after his scores.

If I had to guess (and of course I have to), I'd say it's close enough all around that Aaron's weak fan support ends it for him.

offwithherhead
5. RE: Week 8!
Nov 10 2009, 4:43 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2009, 4:43 AM EST
"
If I had to guess (and of course I have to), I'd say it's close enough all around that Aaron's weak fan support ends it for him."
I would have to agree with you on this one Jakefwp!
farmgirl22cc
farmgirl22cc
6. RE: Week 8!
Nov 10 2009, 11:59 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2009, 11:59 AM EST
IDK who's going to get off.... I doubt that Mya is getting off... But Aaron might be in the bottom... Who knows. :) Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
7. RE: Week 8!
Nov 10 2009, 7:29 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2009, 7:46 PM EST
I gotta say, I really came around on Aaron. He actually did seem more mature and calm by this week than he did at the beginning of the week. He was so relaxed and smiley after he got eliminated!

Not a bad final four at all.... Mya (of course), Joanna (fearless but also benefiting from Derek's awesome choreography), Donny (fan favorite) and Kelly (well, also a fan favorite).

Aside from Natalie getting dropped early, I think the season has played out more or less the way it probably should have. Though I guess you could argue that Aaron belongs in the semis over Kelly if it were based purely on dancing...

Oh hey, how about Sabrina coming back to danc ewith her ex, Mark? Was it just the paso doble or was there some actual tension there?

offwithherhead
8. RE: Week 8!
Nov 11 2009, 4:26 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 11 2009, 4:26 AM EST
Aaron certainly seemed more mature in his response to being voted off, but I am sure he was totally expecting it after last week. I am not all that convinced that he actually changed, as much as he has "learned" how to reign himself in a bit.

I think the final four is a good group. I'm really looking forward to next week.

Sabrina and Mark did a great Paso, and I was wondering the same thing about tension and all.

jasperlvr
9. RE: Week 8!
Nov 12 2009, 7:38 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 12 2009, 7:38 AM EST
I totally agree with the final four group. I've been waiting for Aaron to go since like 3 weeks ago. I was really mad when Melissa & when Mark left. :(

Sabrina's Paso was really great, but I think it was kinda weird 2. I'm a fan of Mark Balas. That's why.

I can't wait until next week, even though I think Kelly is going home. As long as Mya doesn't go home I'll be fine.