Discussion: Week 6!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 12 of 12  |  Show  posts at a time
jakefwp
jakefwp
Week 6!
Oct 26 2009, 1:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 26 2009, 1:56 PM EDT
Waltzes and Jitterbugs this week, plus a "Mambo marathon." How exciting! Also a double elimination. I'd say it will be Michael and Louie, but they both seem to have fan bases that are keeping them around. Based on being in the bottom two the last two weeks, I guess Aaron better watch his back... Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
dwtsjen
dwtsjen
1. RE: Week 6!
Oct 26 2009, 2:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 26 2009, 2:41 PM EDT
What about Mark? I feel like he's at risk this week. And I'm just waiting for the fans to turn on Mya. Maybe they won't, but her absence would make things more interesting! Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
2. RE: Week 6!
Oct 26 2009, 3:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 26 2009, 3:00 PM EDT
"... I'm just waiting for the fans to turn on Mya. Maybe they won't, but her absence would make things more interesting!"
Oh, me too! I think it would be way more interesting without her on the show. I remember last season there was a lot of discussion about Melissa Rycroft having an advantage because she took ballet as a child....well I think that Mya has it head and shoulders above any of the others with her actual ballroom training. I know she is talented, but I just don't think it is fair. Maybe we will have another Sabrina Bryan type elimination.
Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
3. RE: Week 6!
Oct 26 2009, 8:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 26 2009, 8:03 PM EDT
How did Joanna get 1st? The judges weren't really impressed with her Waltz, and they gave her a 26? And in the mambo marathon, all I saw her do was spin with Derek. Nothing really special... Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
4. RE: Week 6!
Oct 26 2009, 8:14 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 26 2009, 8:14 PM EDT
And what about Michael? I thought he did an amazing job, and they were just so mean to him. The waltz is not easy...but for a big burly football player??? I thought he did very well. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
5. RE: Week 6!
Oct 26 2009, 8:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 26 2009, 8:24 PM EDT
It seemed like they were trying to put things in their proper place this week, especially with the mambo scores. There's a lot more separation between the better dancers and the worse dancers this week. Michael and Louie will have to come through with even more fan votes than usual to make it through.

Dark horse possibility for elimination this week: Melissa? She had a rough Waltz and got knocked out early in the Mambo marathon...

offwithherhead
6. RE: Week 6!
Oct 27 2009, 3:23 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2009, 3:23 AM EDT
I totally agree jakefwp! They lined up their ducks early and then they iced the cake with the Competition Mambo...where there was much less chance of ties with large groups.
I also agree with your dark horse elimination choice....I think Melissa might just be in danger tonight.
BrandonE
BrandonE
7. RE: Week 6!
Oct 27 2009, 5:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2009, 5:06 PM EDT
It was hard to watch all of them in the Mambo Marathon, because the camera only caught a couple dancing for about 5 seconds, and then they'd move on to another couple. Once it got down to the 4 taking the whole dance floor, that was when it was easier to tell who was standing out. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
8. RE: Week 6!
Oct 27 2009, 5:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2009, 5:17 PM EDT
OK, I know many of you haven't seen the show yet, so I won't say who has been eliminated, but I will say that Michael Irvin is safe. Any guesses who is out? Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
9. RE: Week 6!
Oct 27 2009, 8:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2009, 8:07 PM EDT
Well, that was exciting! At the start of the season, I figured Melissa would have enough of a fan base to carry her through to the last few weeks, but she and Mark just never really caught fire except for their Charleston.

And what happened in Louie's dance-off?! He lost his step and Chelsie was kind of carrying him around for a bit in the middle. They looked so bummed...

How about Michael Irvin, lasting into Week Seven. Who would have thought that after the first week?

All in all, though, it seems like other than Natalie, basically we still have everyone who should still be alive. Anyone else I'm missing?
BrandonE
BrandonE
10. RE: Week 6!
Oct 27 2009, 8:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2009, 8:11 PM EDT
I'm surprised Michael is hanging in there. Now he knows he's at the bottom with scores and votes, so he's really got to take it to the next level if he wants to last another week! Do you find this valuable?    
AiryFairyArms
AiryFairyArms
11. RE: Week 6!
Oct 30 2009, 9:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2009, 9:08 AM EDT
I think it's good-bye to Kelly Osbourn this next week, she is not a very good dancer and will be soon flushed out. This is what happened to Melissa and rightfully so. Perhaps Michael and Anna set everyone up (including the judges) by dancing horribly in the beginning weeks only to vastly improve when he really needed it. To go from NO hip movement to last weeks hip gyration dance-off seemed fishy. Michael has an ESPN radio show and the word is he has massive fan votes helping him move on. Curious to see if the Girl Fight between Mya and Joanna gets nasty. And, did Joanna make a big DWTS mistake posing for Playboy! Do you find this valuable?