Discussion: Week 5!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 13 of 13  |  Show  posts at a time
jakefwp
jakefwp
Week 5!
Oct 19 2009, 7:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 7:07 AM EDT
Paso Doble and Argentine Tango this week! Should be dramatic if nothing else. :) Also our first group dance: The Hustle!

Michael dodged a bullet last week... Everyone (including him!) thought he was leaving. So does he have a bigger fan base than we realized? If it's not him this week, then who? Louie or Aaron, most likely?
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
BrandonE
BrandonE
1. RE: Week 5!
Oct 19 2009, 2:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 2:24 PM EDT
Aaron is probably gonna bump back up today. Louie.....maybe, he better wake up and realize he needs to get better. So should Michael.

What about the Joanna & Derek problem, Derek has the flu! Maks filled in for him this week, but could that hurt Joanna? Maks is a real strict pro, and he expects much out of his partners, while Derek is more loose and fun.

offwithherhead
2. RE: Week 5!
Oct 19 2009, 5:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 5:33 PM EDT
OK...I have watched the show for the first time, and I will have to watch it again. I don't know what all of you thought of it, but to me it seemed that the judges were really lining up their ducks. They would give great reviews and then give less than stellar marks...then they would give big criticisms with great marks. They really confused me this week. All in all I would have to say that I was very pleased with all of the performances....everybody stepped up their game. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
3. RE: Week 5!
Oct 19 2009, 8:28 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 8:28 PM EDT
Not a single score lower than 21! Really solid week, especially for Donny (of course... two 10's), and the paso doble really suited Michael and Mark.

Here's something weird: After solid scores the last two weeks, Natalie is tied for the second-lowest score this week. It would be really trippy if she went out so soon.

offwithherhead, totally agree about the judges. Kind of confusing this week. Guess they're getting more detailed with their comments as the season goes on, so it still sounds like they're critical, even when their scores are good.

Any thoughts about the Hustle? Fun moves, but it felt kind of awkward. Just too many couples, maybe?

offwithherhead
4. RE: Week 5!
Oct 19 2009, 8:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 8:41 PM EDT
Yeah, jakefwp, the Hustle was a little wierd. Retro can go so far before it becomes comic relief. I had to laugh at Donny Osmonds wig...it is the exact same style he used to wear it in the 70's as a child star...too funny. Do you find this valuable?    
Andy.W
Andy.W
5. RE: Week 5!
Oct 20 2009, 7:06 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2009, 7:06 AM EDT
Last night's episode was great. I loved the pasodoble. And Michael Jackson tribute tonight! I am so psyched! I wonder who is going to be able to pull off his moves?

Cheers,
Andy
MSN Outreach

Wake up to the best recaps on the web with Last Night on TV on MSN!
AiryFairyArms
AiryFairyArms
6. RE: Week 5!
Oct 20 2009, 9:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2009, 9:49 AM EDT
How about that Ozzie Ozbourne song danced by her daughter Kelly! That felt like real pressure and she did a nice dance. Interesting that the flu took it's toll but that's life. The 3 judges seemed awful pleased but there was not a lot to be harsh about. Lot of 8 's all-night last eve, good stuff.

Hopefully tonight for MJ they perform a well choregraphed and crazy "Thriller", a super-slow, romantic version of "I'll Be There" and a bring down the house, extra-extra steamy "Bad" dance you don't want to miss...just like I hope Beyonce is on Season 10...
brunofan
brunofan
7. RE: Week 5!
Oct 20 2009, 11:46 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2009, 11:46 AM EDT
i thought maks did a good job with joanna in derek's absence. the scores were all grouped together, but it did seem like the performances were mostly good but not great. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
8. RE: Week 5!
Oct 20 2009, 1:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2009, 1:35 PM EDT
"i thought maks did a good job with joanna in derek's absence. the scores were all grouped together, but it did seem like the performances were mostly good but not great."
I totally agree...Maks did a great job of stepping in for Derek. As for the marks...at least they were all in the 20's. I was getting worried they would never come up.
jakefwp
jakefwp
9. RE: Week 5!
Oct 20 2009, 8:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2009, 8:34 PM EDT
Well, that sucks.

Check this out: Michael has had the lowest score in four of the five weeks so far, and hasn't even been in the bottom two the last two weeks. I think he's funny and I like having him on the show, but it's not so fun when he stays at the expense of people like Natalie who had a legitimate chance to make it to the final show. Would have loved to see her have a chance to do a kickier dance like the Jitterbug or the Jive.

offwithherhead
10. RE: Week 5!
Oct 21 2009, 5:04 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 21 2009, 6:35 AM EDT
I was shocked last night when Natalie was eliminated. I think Len said it very well, when he said that you may want to vote for the underdog, but "justice should prevail". I would like to have seen Natalie go farther as well. I somehow don't think she would have made the finals because she has never seemed to get the confidence factor up where it should be....but it sure would have been nice to see what she could have done with a "kickier" dance. Do you find this valuable?    
AiryFairyArms
AiryFairyArms
11. RE: Week 5!
Oct 21 2009, 8:52 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 21 2009, 8:52 AM EDT
"Here's something weird: After solid scores the last two weeks, Natalie is tied for the second-lowest score this week. It would be really trippy if she went out so soon."
Jake, gotta give it to you on your call about Natalie.
BrandonE
BrandonE
12. RE: Week 5!
Oct 21 2009, 2:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 21 2009, 2:16 PM EDT
"Well, that sucks.

Check this out: Michael has had the lowest score in four of the five weeks so far, and hasn't even been in the bottom two the last two weeks. I think he's funny and I like having him on the show, but it's not so fun when he stays at the expense of people like Natalie who had a legitimate chance to make it to the final show. Would have loved to see her have a chance to do a kickier dance like the Jitterbug or the Jive."
Correct, and Aaron was also in the bottom two with her! That's just trippy. I though she'd stick in until there would be like 5 left.