Discussion: 10 for Melissa's Charleston?!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 12 of 12  |  Show  posts at a time
jakefwp
jakefwp
10 for Melissa's Charleston?!
Oct 12 2009, 8:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 12 2009, 8:48 PM EDT
That was *definitely* Melissa's best dance so far, by far. She looked like she was having fun, and she moved really well. But, wasn't the 10 (and the 28 total) pretty surprising? I thought maybe a couple 8's and a 9 or something like that.

Either way, I'm happy for her. She clearly wants to do well and it's cool to see such an improvement over the first few weeks.
Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
1. RE: 10 for Melissa's Charleston?!
Oct 12 2009, 9:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 12 2009, 9:55 PM EDT
I was shocked to see her actually look like a dancer. I think a jump from a 6 to a 10 in one week is a bit to much, but 8's and 9's should have been good enough. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
2. RE: 10 for Melissa's Charleston?!
Oct 13 2009, 4:56 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 4:56 AM EDT
"That was *definitely* Melissa's best dance so far, by far. She looked like she was having fun, and she moved really well. But, wasn't the 10 (and the 28 total) pretty surprising? I thought maybe a couple 8's and a 9 or something like that.

Either way, I'm happy for her. She clearly wants to do well and it's cool to see such an improvement over the first few weeks."
I totally agree....I watched her performance on a station that aired earlier, here, and I had to watch it later again, because I was confused about the 10. Yes, there was a big improvement...yes, she was way more confident...but a 10? I didn't see it in either performance. Sometimes I think poor Bruno gets so pumped up that he feels he has to give a score that reflects how crazy he gets. lol
eguy
eguy
3. RE: 10 for Melissa's Charleston?!
Oct 14 2009, 7:28 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 7:28 AM EDT
I thought she did a good job of acting the part that it distracted the audience from her technique. Everything she has trouble with, mainly balance and timing, was not a factor because it didn't need to be. They did an entertaining dance that didn't require her to hold poses. If she continues to pick fun dances and she concentrates on playing a character, she could skate through several more rounds. Do you find this valuable?    
AiryFairyArms
AiryFairyArms
4. RE: 10 for Melissa's Charleston?!
Oct 14 2009, 8:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 8:13 AM EDT
Wow, glad you all felt the same way I did. On the results show last eve they said her 10 was the highest one-week turn around in DWTS history! I think the video clip they showed of them at the 1920's club getting into character swayed the judges before they even danced. I would have gave it a 8. Do you find this valuable?    

gigi18
5. RE: 10 for Melissa's Charleston?!
Oct 14 2009, 11:15 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 11:15 AM EDT
sounds like lots of sour grapes here. Let's give credit where credit is due. Her footwork was amazing, tap was great, face and connection with her partner, flawless. Do you find this valuable?    
AiryFairyArms
AiryFairyArms
6. RE: 10 for Melissa's Charleston?!
Oct 14 2009, 11:29 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 11:29 AM EDT
slow twitch muscles doing a fast twitch dance cannot be faked, 8 Do you find this valuable?    

gigi18
7. RE: 10 for Melissa's Charleston?!
Oct 14 2009, 2:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 2:50 PM EDT
sour grapes as I said before Do you find this valuable?    

gigi18
8. RE: 10 for Melissa's Charleston?!
Oct 14 2009, 2:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 2:51 PM EDT
"Wow, glad you all felt the same way I did. On the results show last eve they said her 10 was the highest one-week turn around in DWTS history! I think the video clip they showed of them at the 1920's club getting into character swayed the judges before they even danced. I would have gave it a 8."
by the way, judges never saw the black and white. Live TV, judges watch live, not on a moniter
brunofan
brunofan
9. RE: 10 for Melissa's Charleston?!
Oct 14 2009, 2:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 2:57 PM EDT
she was great, a lot better than before, but probably not quite worthy of a 10. it was nice to see her improve so much and be more comfortable. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
10. RE: 10 for Melissa's Charleston?!
Oct 15 2009, 5:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 15 2009, 5:48 PM EDT
"she was great, a lot better than before, but probably not quite worthy of a 10. it was nice to see her improve so much and be more comfortable."
I totally agree...she was great...I think she has greatly improved and her performance was her best yet....I just don't think it warranted a 10. I am anxious to see her continue to improve, and I think she will be around for quite awhile!
AiryFairyArms
AiryFairyArms
11. RE: 10 for Melissa's Charleston?!
Oct 16 2009, 10:34 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 16 2009, 10:34 AM EDT
All the "Fluff" aside, every time I watch the video of Mellisa dancing her Charleston, it's still a solid 8. Can Mark get an 11 because that guy can really, really dance?! The Charleston is a super fast dance and Melissa is not fast enough nor will she ever be fast enough to earn a real 10 for this difficult dance.

Watch this roaring 20's dance craze here and compare for yourself: http://www.dwts.org/page/DWTS+Blog

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)