Discussion: Week 4!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 15 of 15  |  Show  posts at a time
jakefwp
jakefwp
Week 4!
Oct 12 2009, 2:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 12 2009, 2:21 PM EDT
Who the heck knows what will happen tonight? Four totally new dances.... The clear back-of-the-pack dancer (Tom D) out after his injury last week.... I can't believe there are five couples gone already!

Michael Irvin and Chuck Liddell are (skill-wise) the two who seem most likely to go, but Chuck feels like a fan favorite, so... best guess here is that Michael and Anna D are out.
Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
1. RE: Week 4!
Oct 12 2009, 8:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 12 2009, 8:26 PM EDT
Well, nothing really changed to make it seem like Michael will stick around. Louie was a bit of a disappointment, but he and Chelsie both probably bring enough fan votes to let them stay at least another week. Same with Chuck.

Is it just me, or is the two-step the worst dance they've ever had on the show? Either that or the choreography was bad for all three, because the guys had basically nothing to do except shuffle around the floor.
BrandonE
BrandonE
2. RE: Week 4!
Oct 12 2009, 9:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 12 2009, 9:57 PM EDT
Chuck, Mark, and Louie each did Two-Step, but it seemed like really easy steps and nothing exciting that could have been added.

The three Charlestons were great! (Melissa, Kelly, Donny)
dwtsjen
dwtsjen
3. RE: Week 4!
Oct 13 2009, 3:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 3:19 AM EDT
I'm not sold on the two-step. It's not a very complicated dance, especially for the men. And isn't it more of a group/line dance than a competitive dance? If I want to see a bunch of awkward denim-clad walk-dancing, I'll head to the nearest small town bar. Two-step, I hope you're out for season 10.

I feel bad for Aaron, but he really is painful to watch. He's so self-conscious. Relax, dude!

Every season I come around to someone I never expected to like. This season, it's Joanna. She's talented, funny, and relaxed, and she works really hard. I really want to like Mya, too, but she's a bit bland for my taste.

offwithherhead
4. RE: Week 4!
Oct 13 2009, 5:30 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 5:30 AM EDT
I thought the ladies clearly took the night. They seemed to be so much better than some of the guys. I agree that the Two Step was a big disappointment. I would liked to have seen one of the ladies do it, just to see if one of the pro guys would have done more with it.

All in all, I found the show to be a little lack lustre. I think that when they introduce dances that the pros themselves have never done before, it shows. Just my opinion.
Andy.W
Andy.W
5. RE: Week 4!
Oct 13 2009, 7:13 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 7:13 AM EDT
Yeah this show was not the strongest of the season but I did love seeing the Charleston (my guilty pleasure). I think the consensus that the ladies took the night is right. And I have to admit that I was impressed with Joanna and Derek's dance. They've definitely taken it up a notch!

Cheers,
Andy
MSN Outreach

Wake up to the best recaps with Last Night on TV on MSN
RuthyTex
RuthyTex
6. RE: Week 4!
Oct 13 2009, 10:04 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 10:04 AM EDT
The two-step performances last night were not two-steps. They were hokey country dances. The two-step is not a line dance, it is a couple dance with specific steps and turns. None of that was shown last night. Such a shame. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
7. RE: Week 4!
Oct 13 2009, 8:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 8:06 PM EDT
"The two-step performances last night were not two-steps. They were hokey country dances. The two-step is not a line dance, it is a couple dance with specific steps and turns. None of that was shown last night. Such a shame."
Well, that's too bad. It sounds like it could have been a lot more interesting than it was...
jakefwp
jakefwp
8. RE: Week 4!
Oct 13 2009, 8:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 8:09 PM EDT
I can't believe Michael escaped the bottom two! It sounded like he was sure he was going to be out, too. Hopefully next week's dance will be better suited to him, and I hope he doesn't get too discouraged. He's such a funny guy, but he seemed to be genuinely bummed by the judges' comments and scores this week.

If it wasn't going to be Michael, I would have guessed it would be Louie to be eliminated, but apparently the snowboarder fan base is bigger than the UFC fan base. :)
AiryFairyArms
AiryFairyArms
9. RE: Week 4!
Oct 14 2009, 8:27 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 8:27 AM EDT
Michael was terrible but honestly, with all the average male white contestants left, no way he was getting cut. When they interviewed Michael, Joanna and Kelly together, take a look at Joanna if your DVR'd it. She does not look at Michael, has a scowl on her face and seems to really only care about herself. Michael made a joke and Kelly not only kept eye contact with him but she also forced a fake chuckle. Joanna then made it a point to thank the good ol' US of A. How caIculated a comment was that! I hope the judges see right through Joanna when her time comes. For Michael, that time might be next week unless he can get his groove together. Do you find this valuable?    

gigi18
10. RE: Week 4!
Oct 14 2009, 11:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 11:12 AM EDT
All Joanna has done is wear almost nothing and shake. Let's see her do some real ballroom dancing. And she is Polish! Thanking the US was a ploy. Melissa and Mark's Charleston was by far the most entertaining and precise dance of the night. They deserved their score! Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
11. RE: Week 4!
Oct 14 2009, 1:50 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 1:50 PM EDT
Did anyone see Joanna on Superstars? Her personality has changed from that show, to this one. In Superstars, her athletic teammate was Terrel Owens, and she bugged the crap out of him. She threw a few F bombs out, and was mean. And then on DWTS, She seems like this nice little angel who is a good dancer. I felt a little awkward seeing that transition. Do you find this valuable?    

gigi18
12. RE: Week 4!
Oct 14 2009, 2:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 2:37 PM EDT
Her "people" probably told her to be nice. I dont believe it for a second Do you find this valuable?    
brunofan
brunofan
13. RE: Week 4!
Oct 14 2009, 2:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 2:59 PM EDT
she's probably not a very nice person, but terrell owens would bug the crap out of anyone... lol

i was surprised it was chuck and not michael, too.

offwithherhead
14. RE: Week 4!
Oct 15 2009, 5:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 15 2009, 5:51 PM EDT
"Did anyone see Joanna on Superstars? Her personality has changed from that show, to this one. In Superstars, her athletic teammate was Terrel Owens, and she bugged the crap out of him. She threw a few F bombs out, and was mean. And then on DWTS, She seems like this nice little angel who is a good dancer. I felt a little awkward seeing that transition."
I did see her on Superstars, and you are right that she was not the most demure young woman that we are seeing on this show. I have to agree with Brunofan that I would have been a little testy trying to compete with T.O. Seems she is a little more content working with Derek. :)

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)