Discussion: Tom DeLay...A Real Trooper or A Real Idiot !Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

offwithherhead
Tom DeLay...A Real Trooper or A Real Idiot !
Oct 6 2009, 4:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 6 2009, 4:32 AM EDT
OK...so Tom danced with stress fractures in both feet. He was advised not to dance by the producers and his doctor. At first, you might think "What a trooper!", but then I think....he has stress fractures in BOTH feet, what an idiot ! The risk of damaging his feet more is so high. He is that dedicated, or does he just love the lime light that much. Your thoughts? Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
eguy
eguy
1. RE: Tom DeLay...A Real Trooper or A Real Idiot !
Oct 6 2009, 9:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 6 2009, 9:16 AM EDT
Thank you, I was going to post something about this today. I think he's doing the "tough guy" routine, though I'm not sure of the motive. Pride? Winning? I dunno. However, he obviously isn't able to compete, so those who vote for him aren't basing their votes on his dancing. It becomes a popularity contest, and he might as well be lobbying for a bill during his 2 minutes on stage instead of dancing. I know it's a popularity contest anyway to some extent, but there's no way that he was hoping people were basing their votes on his dancing ability. Do you find this valuable?    
eguy
eguy
2. RE: Tom DeLay...A Real Trooper or A Real Idiot !
Oct 6 2009, 9:20 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 6 2009, 9:20 AM EDT
P.S. Cheryl's costume with the donkey patch and Tom's costume with the elephant patch was hilarious. I loved that they danced to "Why can't we be friends." Someone was pretty creative. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
3. RE: Tom DeLay...A Real Trooper or A Real Idiot !
Oct 6 2009, 2:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 6 2009, 2:43 PM EDT
"P.S. Cheryl's costume with the donkey patch and Tom's costume with the elephant patch was hilarious. I loved that they danced to "Why can't we be friends." Someone was pretty creative."
LOL. Yeah, the costumes and music were the best part of that routine. I just hope that the viewing audience proves to be smarter (by not voting for him) than he is. He may not be smart enough to take himself out of the competition, so maybe the audience will be.
Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
4. RE: Tom DeLay...A Real Trooper or A Real Idiot !
Oct 6 2009, 7:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 6 2009, 7:56 PM EDT
The costumes and song were awesome. I think he was a serious trooper to give it a shot last night, and smart enough to get himself out before trying another week. Pretty funny that if he hadn't dropped out, he would have been safe for another week, though.

I'm not a huge fan of the guy outside of the show, but he definitely added an interesting angle to this season.
Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
5. RE: Tom DeLay...A Real Trooper or A Real Idiot !
Oct 7 2009, 5:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2009, 5:25 AM EDT
I am glad that he decided to leave...for his sake. He really seemed to be disappointed not to be able to dance the Texas Two Step next week, but I bet we do see him in the finale week. I agree that I am not a fan of his either, but he sure put everything into his dances. Do you find this valuable?