Discussion: Week 3!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 13 of 13  |  Show  posts at a time
jakefwp
jakefwp
Week 3!
Oct 5 2009, 3:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 5 2009, 3:56 PM EDT
Len is back! Now what happens? Rumbas and tangos might weed out some of the weaker couples, right?

EDIT: Whoops! Rumbas and *sambas*... No tangos. Probably better for everyone. :)
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None

offwithherhead
1. RE: Week 3!
Oct 5 2009, 3:36 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 5 2009, 3:36 PM EDT
So far, no Tangos...just Rumbas and Sambas. Melissa Joan Hart did very well this week, but I think the judges were being really hard on her. And Mya...well all the professional training she has had is showing. And poor Mark just seems to be having difficulty rising to the challenge. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
2. RE: Week 3!
Oct 5 2009, 4:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 5 2009, 4:05 PM EDT
Jake, I swear to God, you are going to have writers cramp with all the quotes tonight!!!
Donny Osmond just tried to kiss Bruno. And Paula Abdul is in the audience...prepare to get a million quotes from her!!
jakefwp
jakefwp
3. RE: Week 3!
Oct 5 2009, 8:21 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 5 2009, 8:21 PM EDT
What a crazy week! Donny attacking Bruno.... So funny. And he was goofing around with Michael and dancing with Aaron later on. Life of the party.

Melissa was interesting.... The judges were super encouraging, but their scores didn't reflect it. The scores were also all over the board, more than usual. 10-7-10 for Mya? So weird.... You're right, she clearly is head and shoulder above everyone else in terms of training.

How about Natalie, though? She was awesome. Early favorites: Mya (clearly) then Natalie, Aaron and Donny?

offwithherhead
4. RE: Week 3!
Oct 6 2009, 4:06 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 6 2009, 4:06 AM EDT
What a crazy night for sure! Oh yeah, Natalie was very good... she improves so much each week. She could give some of them a run for their money.

I don't think I have ever seen the scores all over the board like that...for the whole night. And speaking of scores, most of them were lower than the first week! Very interesting for a 3rd week.
Andy.W
Andy.W
5. RE: Week 3!
Oct 6 2009, 7:32 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 6 2009, 7:32 AM EDT
This was a really strange week! That Donny Osmond kiss was just crazy! I thought Mya was really amazing, offwithherhead you're right that her professional training is paying off. What did you guys think of Kelly Osbourne? I think she's definitely improving. Can't for next episode!

Cheers,
Andy
MSN Outreach

Last Night on TV - Wake up to the good parts
tv.msn.com

offwithherhead
6. RE: Week 3!
Oct 6 2009, 8:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 6 2009, 8:08 AM EDT
Andy.W I definitely agree that Kelly Osbourne improved this week. I think it might give her some more confidence heading into next week. She has talent...she just has to believe that she does. :) Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
7. RE: Week 3!
Oct 6 2009, 8:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 6 2009, 8:05 PM EDT
Well, not a huge surprise, I guess. Debi was in the bottom two last week, then didn't have a great judges' score this week. Too bad, she's a hoot and was fun to have on the show. Bummer about Tom, too. Love him or hate him, he put himself out there and seemed to be having a good time.

Um, what was up with Aaron crying in the post-dance interview? Admire the emotional commitment, but whoa...

Kelly looked great, way better than the second week. Would love to see her stick around for a while. I have to say, I'm really enjoying this season, even more than most.

offwithherhead
8. RE: Week 3!
Oct 7 2009, 5:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2009, 5:19 AM EDT
"Um, what was up with Aaron crying in the post-dance interview? Admire the emotional commitment, but whoa...
"
I know..."wha wha wha...I wanted 30". Give me a break. Poor Karina looked like his mother comforting him because his puppy died.

I am really glad to see Kelly stay around too. I am sure we haven't seen her best yet.

And what about Louie Vito? I think he had an awesome dance this week. Hard to believe that he was looking forward to the Rumba....but he sure pulled it off !
brunofan
brunofan
9. RE: Week 3!
Oct 7 2009, 9:48 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2009, 9:48 AM EDT
louie and chelsie are great! he looks like he's having so much fun, and they're really playing up the romance angle on them. he's like gilles from last season, not very well known before the season but becoming a fan favorite. Do you find this valuable?    

greenknees
10. RE: Week 3!
Oct 7 2009, 2:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2009, 2:27 PM EDT
The show is sagging under the weight of too many couples. By the time we get to the real dancing by those who already knew or are learning, we'll be sick and tired of them. DWTS is becoming too tedious.

The only natural charm that came out is Mark D (always, but his partner sneers at him), Chelsie and Louie (adorable and fresh), and Donny and Kym. To me, Mya and Dmitry actually were too frenetic, as if avoiding a true dance of love. Natalie improved, but only to watchable level.

I'll never vote for plastic-lipped Joanna, nor sweet but dowdy Melissa, nor Chuck though he's sweet, nor others I forget.

Without Maksim, the show lacks unpredictability and sass. You know TPTB KNEW he'd be gone early when they gave him a partner over 40 -- the voters' traditional elimination fodder. I hope Derek doesn't add yet another win for his crowd because their heads are too large for any crown any more.

Clearly the show figures that Carrie and Bruno are the entertainment, with Len to give the show the tiny bit of credibility it has. I'd rather watch a show about the dancers, TYVM.

DWTS used to be good. You've opened up your fan site just as it falls off the cliff. Doesn't anyone wonder why TVGuide has effectively ignored it all season so far? When you aim for the tween-aged viewers, you really ought to be on about 4 p.m. folks.

greenknees
11. RE: Week 3!
Oct 7 2009, 2:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 7 2009, 2:25 PM EDT
Oh and by the way, I don't believe for one second that Sabrina actually won her slot to dance in Design a Dance. She is coincidentally a Disney star, ya know. Uggggh. Do you find this valuable?    

gigi18
12. RE: Week 3!
Oct 12 2009, 8:31 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 12 2009, 8:31 AM EDT
Now that week three is behind us I am looking forward to week 4. I am always suspect of any contestant that bolts out of the gate, will they have staying power. Although the pack is tight there is room for a few stand outs to move ahead. Melissa and mark have that room. Go team Melarky Do you find this valuable?