Discussion: Does Mark Ballas outdance his partners to distract voters?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts

greenknees
Does Mark Ballas outdance his partners to distract voters?
Sep 30 2009, 6:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 30 2009, 6:33 PM EDT
It's often said of Mark that he cannot resist overdancing next to a truly green partner in an effort to distract attention from his partner's weaknesses. His overly expressive use of his face is cited as a similar ploy. Is Mark deliberately using distraction, or just dancing? What's you view. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
1. RE: Does Mark Ballas outdance his partners to distract voters?
Oct 1 2009, 5:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2009, 8:43 PM EDT
Actually, I think that many of the pro dancers have been guilty of this (over dancing). I think that they try to show what their partner is capable of doing and then they try to enhance it. These teams are not what you would call equal parings, so they try to embellish sometimes. I don't think there is anything wrong with it though. If the pro partner dropped their expertise to the level of their partner, then some dances would be very boring. Case in point...Master P. If not for Ashley DelGrosso actually doing some dancing, we would have watched two people walking around the dance floor. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)