Discussion: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 40 of 63  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
thedebbster
thedebbster
20. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 10 2009, 9:13 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2009, 9:22 PM EST
HI I'm Debbie... I am THE BIGGEST FAN EVER OF DWTS SO I AM SO HAPPY TO FIND THIS SITE!!!!!!!!
I've been watching the show since day 1. I am sad to get here so late in the season BUT it's just when things are getting juicy!!!
I love the show because of how it make me feel. Something about this show has really gotton me.
I of course have my own faves, but I DO~NOT get pumped up with any hype about the judges aren't fair, or the phones are rigged, or they shouldn't have won, .etc. THIS IS MY SHOW BABY!!! I LOVE IT!!!

In all seriousness we all do have to remember. #1 showbiz and Primetime ABC, so really we are clueless to the truth of anything that goes on there!
I am saying all this because I was a bit heart broken when LANCE~LACEY were placed third last year. BUT NOW... i go with the flow because i am just waiting to see what will unfold this season.

I have to be honest, if Donnie wins.. I'll puke.
If Jhoanna (Derek )wins... I'll puke DEREK~ He is awesome!!! I love him BUT I want to see another dancer win!!!
I haven't even picked my winner 100% because this season all my stars that I wanted to see shine just didn't quite make these last couple weeks.

I WANT TO DANCE!!!
Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
21. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 11 2009, 4:08 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 11 2009, 4:08 AM EST
Hi and welcome thedebbster!! You're in the right place is you love this show....we are all big fans. Like most places you will find varying opinions, but in the end we all love the show. I look forward to your input! :) Do you find this valuable?    
MCReptile
MCReptile
22. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 13 2009, 3:00 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 13 2009, 3:00 PM EST
Hi I'm new. I was disliked on another site because I tend to speak my mind, I hope that's fine with you and I find this show amazing! Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
23. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 14 2009, 1:08 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 14 2009, 1:08 PM EST
"Hi I'm new. I was disliked on another site because I tend to speak my mind, I hope that's fine with you and I find this show amazing!"
Hi and welcome MCReptile! We all speak our minds, here, about the show.

dancefan60
24. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 16 2009, 10:09 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 16 2009, 10:09 PM EST
Hi all. I have been a huge fan of DWTS since I discovered it at the start of Season Three and haven't missed a show since. I enjoy keeping stats on each season & except for Season Three when Mario & Karina were "ripped" by Emmitt & Cheryl I have picked the winner each year. Yeah... I know I need to get a life, but it's cheap fun! I am just really glad I found this site. I have been learning what the judges look for and enjoy trying to match their scores and have about a 90 - 95% accuracy. I actually got my wife to take a few ballroom lessons, but she just didn't enjoy it, so I live vicariously through the stars. The skill, precision and athleticism is simply amazing to watch and combined with the backstage and practice studio drama that happens weekly, it is just a wonderful, guilty pleasure that I hope we can enjoy for a long time to come. Speaking of which, has anyone heard about future plans for a Season 10? I hope the show is returning next season as the planned competition of three pro couples to decide on a new pro for next season never happened. Rumor has it that Julianne may be returning and if so, that might explain that situation. Also, AEG pulled out as the promoter of the DWTS winter tour and it was cancelled (I read event cancellation insurance could have been hard to get and with the flu raging, plus their potential losses on the Michael Jackson tour AEG may have wanted to reduce their risk). The show's ratings have been in the top all season, so I hope this isn't the show's Swan Song. At any rate, Hello fellow DWTS fans! Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
25. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 21 2009, 6:21 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2009, 6:21 AM EST
Hello, and welcome to you Dancefan60!! It is great to have you on board. After reading your accuracy at picking the winner, I am dying to know who you pick for this season to win?
I have a reverse situation to you...I have tried to get my husband to take ballroom lessons, but there is no way. lol. At least your wife went and tried it out. Lucky you!

walrusworldstudios
26. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 25 2009, 4:26 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2009, 4:26 PM EST
Hello, my name is Walrusworldstudios, or Matthew, whichever you prefer.
I am a Wetpaint Central Moderator, and a seasoned Wetpaint user. I have been using Wetpaint for almost a year now, and I just recently started to watch Dancing With The Stars.
farmgirl22cc
farmgirl22cc
27. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 26 2009, 2:07 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 2:07 PM EST
Hola WWS! Hehe... First post reply on my iPod! YAY! Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
28. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 26 2009, 2:51 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2009, 2:51 PM EST
Welcome Walrusworldstudios and farmgirl22cc!! So glad to have you here! Do you find this valuable?    

borisl985
29. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 29 2009, 11:24 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2009, 11:24 AM EST
hi and help!!!!!did anyone notice kelly osbournes gray hat or cap with the leather strap she wore during rehersals????I love it and want it, does anyone have any idea how i can find it or a picture of it Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
30. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 29 2009, 2:19 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 29 2009, 2:19 PM EST
"hi and help!!!!!did anyone notice kelly osbournes gray hat or cap with the leather strap she wore during rehersals????I love it and want it, does anyone have any idea how i can find it or a picture of it"
Hi and welcome (again ) Boris1985! I did a screencap of that hat for you and the link for it is posted in your "miss Kelly" thread. :)
gibbskid86
gibbskid86
31. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Dec 5 2009, 9:30 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 5 2009, 9:30 PM EST
Hi! I have been watching dancing with the stars since season 4. It it the ONLY reality show I watch. I have picked the winner every season. I'm a pretty positive person. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
32. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Dec 6 2009, 12:35 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2009, 12:35 AM EST
Hi and welcome gibbskid86! Wow, you have done better than I, at picking the winner....I have been watching since season 1, but I only average about 50/50 at picking the winner. You will have to post early next season to let us know who will win. So glad to have you here! Do you find this valuable?    

dancefan60
33. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Dec 6 2009, 6:03 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 6 2009, 6:03 AM EST
"Hello, and welcome to you Dancefan60!! It is great to have you on board. After reading your accuracy at picking the winner, I am dying to know who you pick for this season to win?
I have a reverse situation to you...I have tried to get my husband to take ballroom lessons, but there is no way. lol. At least your wife went and tried it out. Lucky you!"
Thanks for the reply offwithherhead. Regarding my prediction of the winner this season, my original pick was Mya. I still believe she or Joanna should have won or at least had the change to go against each other. However, as I watched the season unfold, I realized that Donny and Kym were never in jeopardy, let alone the bottom two. Knowing the massive following he enjoyed in the 70's and still does that showed me that the fans were going to push for him regardless and use their hearts, not their heads, to vote. I then checked the betting sites on the first week of November and saw that he was 11:10 the odds on favorite to win, with the others 2 - 5 being Mya, Kelly, Joanna & Aaron. At that point, I had to change and pick Donny four weeks out because even though the stats showed he was a 4th place winner at best, the heart throb factor was going to override everything, and I was correct. This the first time I have change my original prediction, but I guess that still counts. As for as you being unable to get your husband to even try dancing, it may be best because once you get a taste of it, you then realize what you are missing. At least you aren't realizing that. Oh... if you haven't seen the movie Shall We Dance, check it out. Tony Dovolani was one of the instructors behind the scenes and you can see him in one of the features on how it was made and Karina Smirnoff is supposed to be in the actual movie as one of the dance instructors. We have the movie and I am going to watch it again to see if I can spot her. She is my favorite dancer and totally amazing!

dobriggs
34. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Jan 20 2010, 2:24 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2010, 2:24 PM EST
I have been a fan of Dancing with the Stars since the first time it was on TV and I LOVE IT. I love that Donny Osmond won the 9th season, I have always loved him but I think Kelly Osborne should have gone home sooner and gave a chance for Derrick and his partner. They were fantastic too. The dance that was the best in my opinion was the Argentine Tango with Donny and Kym. Excellent. Can't wait until the 10th season starts. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
35. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Jan 23 2010, 10:54 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2010, 10:54 AM EST
" Oh... if you haven't seen the movie Shall We Dance, check it out. Tony Dovolani was one of the instructors behind the scenes and you can see him in one of the features on how it was made and Karina Smirnoff is supposed to be in the actual movie as one of the dance instructors. We have the movie and I am going to watch it again to see if I can spot her. She is my favorite dancer and totally amazing!"
HI dancefan60....so sorry it took forever to answer!! I have seen "Shall We Dance" and I loved it...I have it also. Tony is in the movie at the dance competition and he is the one the tries to push Link around and ultimately gets disqualidied. Karina is in it at the dance studio. Link is dancing with a younger partner when Richard Gere comes in...Link tries to hide and collides with the heavier blonde character. Anyway Karina was Link's partner in that scene. Do you remember Mya from that movie....she was Vern's partner.

offwithherhead
36. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Jan 23 2010, 10:57 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 23 2010, 10:57 AM EST
"I have been a fan of Dancing with the Stars since the first time it was on TV and I LOVE IT. I love that Donny Osmond won the 9th season, I have always loved him but I think Kelly Osborne should have gone home sooner and gave a chance for Derrick and his partner. They were fantastic too. The dance that was the best in my opinion was the Argentine Tango with Donny and Kym. Excellent. Can't wait until the 10th season starts."
Hi and welcome dobriggs! Yeah, we had alot of Donny fans this year. I am very glad that he won over Mya, but I really liked Kelly as well. I thought she came a long way during the course of the season. I, like you, can't wait until the 10th season starts!!

spittledude
37. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Mar 9 2010, 12:42 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 9 2010, 12:42 PM EST
Hey DWTS luvers! Im spittledude, and I LOVE Chelsie and Julianne is awesome. If you want to be friends with me, search me under the members!!!! I really want to be friends with u! Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
38. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Mar 9 2010, 4:10 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 9 2010, 4:10 PM EST
Welcome again, my friend, spittledude! Do you find this valuable?    
Adisneyfan
Adisneyfan
39. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Mar 30 2010, 12:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 30 2010, 12:16 PM EDT
"HI I'm Debbie... I am THE BIGGEST FAN EVER OF DWTS SO I AM SO HAPPY TO FIND THIS SITE!!!!!!!!
I've been watching the show since day 1. I am sad to get here so late in the season BUT it's just when things are getting juicy!!!

I love the show because of how it make me feel. Something about this show has really gotton me.
I of course have my own faves, but I DO~NOT get pumped up with any hype about the judges aren't fair, or the <NOBR>phones</NOBR> are rigged, or they shouldn't have won, .etc. THIS IS MY SHOW BABY!!! I LOVE IT!!!

In all seriousness we all do have to remember. #1 showbiz and Primetime ABC, so really we are clueless to the truth of anything that goes on there!
I am saying all this because I was a bit heart broken when LANCE~LACEY were placed third last year. BUT NOW... i go with the flow because i am just waiting to see what will unfold this season.

I have to be honest, if Donnie wins.. I'll puke.
If Jhoanna (Derek )wins... I'll puke DEREK~ He is awesome!!! I love him BUT I want to see another dancer win!!!
I haven't even picked my winner 100% because this season all my stars that I wanted to see shine just didn't quite make these last couple weeks.

I WANT TO DANCE!!! "
Hi, I'm so happy this site was established! My sister, mother, and I are all devoted fans. My sister met her husband at a ballroom dancing class. As for my mother and me, we just love all kinds of dancing.

I became angry last watching what is at the horrible way Tony and Len treated Kate. She did nothing wrong!! Everyone learns in different ways and when Len told her to "Keep quiet and listen" without Carrie Ann & Bruno, coming to her defense...!! Marley Matlin was not taught in the same way as a hearing person....I like her, she's gutsy and a lady.

Free dance winners win the ball!!
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)