Discussion: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 63  |  Show  posts at a time
2 3 4 | Next

offwithherhead
New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Sep 29 2009, 8:29 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 29 2009, 8:29 AM EDT
Since Season 9 has started we have had several new members join the DWTS Wiki. Perhaps you could introduce yourselves here and tell us a little about yourself and what you like about the show. 18  out of 25 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: DWTS Wiki season 9

1sweetdreamer
1. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Sep 30 2009, 7:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 30 2009, 7:35 PM EDT
I have watched this show since the beginning. I love it!!! My favorite dance is the Jive. Love the energy. Don't always agree with the winners but was very happy when Apollo won. This is the only reality show I watch other than Singing Bee on CMT. I did love skating with celebrities, but, oh well, too many injuries I guess. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

JudyJaye
2. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 1 2009, 9:39 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2009, 9:39 AM EDT
I like the show, but I think it is too drawn out, especially the results show. They practically show the first night all over again on the results night, plus there is too much entertainment the 2nd night. Cut it to half an hour and get it over with. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

offwithherhead
3. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 1 2009, 6:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2009, 6:01 PM EDT
"I have watched this show since the beginning. I love it!!! My favorite dance is the Jive. Love the energy. Don't always agree with the winners but was very happy when Apollo won. This is the only reality show I watch other than Singing Bee on CMT. I did love skating with celebrities, but, oh well, too many injuries I guess."
Welcome 1sweetdreamer! I liked Skating With Celebrities too. I somehow think there were not as many celebs lining up to do that show after seeing what was involved. Many of the celebs really amazed me with some of the things that they had actually learned in such a short period of time. Now, those judges were quite tough on the contestants! They make the DWTS judges look like cream puffs. lol.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

offwithherhead
4. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 1 2009, 6:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2009, 6:03 PM EDT
"I like the show, but I think it is too drawn out, especially the results show. They practically show the first night all over again on the results night, plus there is too much entertainment the 2nd night. Cut it to half an hour and get it over with."
Welcome JudyJaye! I have to admit that I don't care for the endless recaps, but I do enjoy the entertainment...most of the time. :)
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

1sweetdreamer
5. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 1 2009, 7:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2009, 7:12 PM EDT
Reply to offwitherhead(by the way I love that moniker LOL). The celebs on Skating also amazed me with what they were able to learn in such a short time ! I so wish they could bring it back ! But, after Lloyd Eisler got divorced and married his partner from the show, who also got her head cracked on the ice! (I can't remember her name but can see her face) I think they kind of got a bad rap. That stuff happens in real life all the time, people fall in and out of love. No one is really to blame. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

offwithherhead
6. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 1 2009, 8:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2009, 8:38 PM EDT
"Reply to offwitherhead(by the way I love that moniker LOL). The celebs on Skating also amazed me with what they were able to learn in such a short time ! I so wish they could bring it back ! But, after Lloyd Eisler got divorced and married his partner from the show, who also got her head cracked on the ice! (I can't remember her name but can see her face) I think they kind of got a bad rap. That stuff happens in real life all the time, people fall in and out of love. No one is really to blame."
Lloyd was partnered with Kristy Swanson. Yeah, that whole situation was unfortunate, but since the dust has settled they seem to be happy.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

greenknees
7. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 3 2009, 2:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 3 2009, 2:01 PM EDT
A QUESTION FOR YOU: Who runs this DWTS Fan Site? You try to look like an ABC site, but you are .org. 'Fess up, now. Who are you???? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
8. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 3 2009, 3:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 3 2009, 3:08 PM EDT
Hi. This is indeed a fan site, and we're not affiliated with the show or with ABC. We're just a bunch of DWTS fans who enjoy the show and like to talk about it here with other fans. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

greenknees
9. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 4 2009, 10:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 4 2009, 10:19 AM EDT
U R affiliated with DWTS Gossip on Twitter, right? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
10. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 4 2009, 6:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 4 2009, 6:38 PM EDT
Well, sometimes we tweet as "dwtsfan," but we're very spotty about it. lol. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

gigi18
11. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 5 2009, 8:55 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 5 2009, 8:55 AM EDT
I have watched episodes of DWTS but not until my fave actress Melissa Joan Hart became a contestant did I become a fan! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

offwithherhead
12. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 5 2009, 2:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 5 2009, 2:43 PM EDT
"I have watched episodes of DWTS but not until my fave actress Melissa Joan Hart became a contestant did I become a fan!"
Well, welcome gigi18!! I am enjoying watching her as well. I hope she gets her nerves under control, because I think she does have some real talent. :)
Do you find this valuable?    
AiryFairyArms
AiryFairyArms
13. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 13 2009, 7:40 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 7:40 AM EDT
"I have watched episodes of DWTS but not until my fave actress Melissa Joan Hart became a contestant did I become a fan!"
I know the feeling...remember watching the Donny and Marie Show (A Little Bit Country & A Little Bit Rock-n-Roll) every week so DWTS feels like a natural. Look for my Daily Blog on this site as I ramp up with compelling DWTS content for our members to enjoy! It's going to hard for all the Dancers to beat Mya & Demitri...

offwithherhead
14. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Oct 13 2009, 4:27 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 13 2009, 4:27 PM EDT
Welcome AiryFairyArms ( I just love that name). We look forward to your blogs! :) Do you find this valuable?    
farmgirl22cc
farmgirl22cc
15. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 2 2009, 5:00 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 5:00 PM EST
I like it where you get to learn how to dance. :) Some of the stuff is nice to know. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
16. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 2 2009, 5:41 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 5:41 PM EST
"I like it where you get to learn how to dance. :) Some of the stuff is nice to know."
Welcome farmgirl22cc! We are all learning with you. :)
farmgirl22cc
farmgirl22cc
17. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 3 2009, 6:46 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 3 2009, 6:46 AM EST
Yeah, who do you people think is going to win this seasons DWTS? Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
18. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 3 2009, 8:47 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 3 2009, 8:47 AM EST
"Yeah, who do you people think is going to win this seasons DWTS?"
Honestly, I don't really know....there are a few who I can see getting to the finals, but so far there does not seem to be a clear favorite with the judges and the fans. I think it will be a nail biter to the end.
farmgirl22cc
farmgirl22cc
19. RE: New Members - Introduce Yourselves Here!
Nov 3 2009, 4:08 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 3 2009, 4:08 PM EST
I think maybe Mya, but I really dont know.... Do you find this valuable?    
2 3 4 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)