Discussion: Week 2!Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 17 of 17  |  Show  posts at a time
jakefwp
jakefwp
Week 2!
Sep 28 2009, 2:03 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 28 2009, 2:03 PM EDT
OK, what's going to happen this week? Kathy, Tom D and Michael have to be among the favorites to go, based on last week, right?

Also, no Len this week! Baz Luhrmann is going to be a guest judge in his place.
Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
1. RE: Week 2!
Sep 28 2009, 3:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 28 2009, 3:18 PM EDT
So far, Baz seems pretty good. Not as critical as Len, even though I think Len's criticisms are good. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
2. RE: Week 2!
Sep 28 2009, 3:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 28 2009, 3:22 PM EDT
Remember when Michael Flatley guest-judged last season? He went pretty easy on the dancers, too. Maybe no one wants to be the wet blanket as a guest...? Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
3. RE: Week 2!
Sep 28 2009, 3:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 28 2009, 3:31 PM EDT
That could be true...but I think he felt bad giving Melissa his criticism. As Tom said "I think Baz is glad that Len will be back next week". lol Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
4. RE: Week 2!
Sep 28 2009, 8:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 28 2009, 8:06 PM EDT
Wow, other than Mya and Aaron's big scores, basically everyone was grouped within just a couple points! The crowd was getting hostile with all the 6's and 7's...

Really fun night. Aaron and Mya are totally separating themselves as the ones to beat so far.
ShaolinLace1
ShaolinLace1
5. RE: Week 2!
Sep 29 2009, 4:06 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 29 2009, 4:09 AM EDT
I think the show has way too many contestants. I am not interested in the top 3, they're dancers and choreographers, Carter needs gimmicks because he's not getting votes. It really doesn't matter how great the pros dance, I don't vote for professionally paid dancers. It's obvious their training is going to factor big time with only 4 days of practise. I am shocked at the on line polls...the dancers, except for Osmond aren't getting the vote. They should watch or another Sabrina Bryan is going to happen, probably around week 5. Do you find this valuable?    
Andy.W
Andy.W
6. RE: Week 2!
Sep 29 2009, 9:02 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 29 2009, 9:06 AM EDT
"Really fun night. Aaron and Mya are totally separating themselves as the ones to beat so far."
I loved Aaron's dance but I'm biased because I am a Muppets fanatic! Mya was also great, hopefully some other couples will start distinguishing themselves. If you guys ever miss DWTS check out Last Night on TV on MSN for a recap!

Cheers,
Andy
MSN Outreach

offwithherhead
7. RE: Week 2!
Sep 29 2009, 9:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 29 2009, 9:49 AM EDT
Welcome to the site Andy.W!

Hahahaha....I love the Muppets too. Mya was very good and I loved her dance as well, but to be honest she should be good. People have commented on some of Kelly's past training, but Mya has had extensive dance training...and I am not talking just as a child. When she did the movie "Shall We Dance" she would have had both ballroom and Latin dance training. My expectations for her are high, but so to should be the "judging bar" for her.

BTW, thanks for the info about the MSN recap.
jakefwp
jakefwp
8. RE: Week 2!
Sep 29 2009, 8:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 29 2009, 8:31 PM EDT
Well, no huge surprise re Kathy's elimination, right? I'd say the big surprise was that Tom DeLay wasn't in the bottom two! He must have more of a fan following than I would have thought. Or else Debi has less than I would have thought....

More importantly: What in the WORLD was up with Samantha's hair?
dwtsjen
dwtsjen
9. RE: Week 2!
Sep 30 2009, 5:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 30 2009, 5:57 PM EDT
How long will Tom DeLay last?! I hope he's gone by Week 4. He's so painful to watch.

Samantha's hair was AWESOME. As was her necklace.

greenknees
10. RE: Week 2!
Sep 30 2009, 6:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 30 2009, 6:04 PM EDT
AARRRGGGHHHH. Too many couples, too short dances. No pro dance. Not a good show. The confusion and crowding of the slate just confuses the whole audience. And the biased slant of the presentations is so obvious as to make one gag. DWTS is too full of itself anymore and needs to slim down to its basics and provide far more professional dances to illustrate the beautiful movement involved.

I'm disgusted that more time goes to the judges inane comments than to the dances themselves. No wonder other shows are out polling this one.

brunofan
brunofan
11. RE: Week 2!
Oct 1 2009, 7:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2009, 7:08 AM EDT
"How long will Tom DeLay last?! I hope he's gone by Week 4. He's so painful to watch.
"
it seems like tom will be the next to go, now that michael improved so much from the first week and chuck is becoming kind of a fan favorite.

greenknees
12. RE: Week 2!
Oct 2 2009, 7:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 2 2009, 7:25 AM EDT
What does it tell you that the Week One audience was fully 5 million voters stronger for the first night -- THE MEN -- than for the second night -- THE WOMEN? Could that be the preponderance of women watching????? BTW the (yawn) Results Show was also the same 5 million viewers down. (Couldn't find a Week One thread -- I'm lost here often.) Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
13. RE: Week 2!
Oct 2 2009, 8:35 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 2 2009, 8:35 AM EDT
Here is a link to a thread for Week 1:

http://www.dwts.org/thread/3305070/Week+1%21
jakefwp
jakefwp
14. RE: Week 2!
Oct 3 2009, 3:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 3 2009, 3:11 PM EDT
It really does seem like Tom would be the next to go, but then we thought the same thing about Woz for a few weeks last season.... Hard to imagine they have the same kind of fan base, but who knows? Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
15. RE: Week 2!
Oct 3 2009, 3:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 3 2009, 3:41 PM EDT
I agree that Tom is on thin ice, but I also think that if Michael and Chuck pull a Latin dance that requires any kind of hip action, they could also be in danger. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
16. RE: Week 2!
Oct 4 2009, 7:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 4 2009, 7:07 PM EDT
"I agree that Tom is on thin ice, but I also think that if Michael and Chuck pull a Latin dance that requires any kind of hip action, they could also be in danger. "
Ah, great point. Sambas and Rumbas this week, so could be dicey...

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)