Discussion: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 41 - 48 of 48  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3
eguy
eguy
40. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 3 2009, 5:26 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 3 2009, 5:26 AM EST
I still want to see Mark in the finals, but I didn't like the dance. I think Mark did fine, but the choreography was all over the place. It looks like three people choreographed his dance. But YES it was better than Aaron. By a long shot. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
41. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 3 2009, 7:09 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 3 2009, 7:09 PM EST
That was an absolute shocker....Mark vs. Aaron in a dance off?! Gosh I thought it would be Mya up against Mark! Wow, that was a really good dance off between them though! Do you find this valuable?    
eguy
eguy
42. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 4 2009, 5:54 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2009, 5:54 AM EST
I'm soooooo sad that Mark was eliminated! Why, God, why? Do you find this valuable?    
ShaolinLace1
ShaolinLace1
43. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 4 2009, 7:44 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2009, 7:44 AM EST
Well to say I'm disgusted would be an understatement.

What happened to Mark and Lacey this week was just shabby treatment by the show. I can think of no other way to describe it. On the So You Can Think Dance show, there was a situation a few seasons back where a contestant had a problem because his partner was ill.

What they do on that show is there are at least 3 pro dancers who work with the "team" from beginnng to end on the choreography. So when Pasha had to dance, the pro stepped in seemlesly and he was able to stay in the competition knowing he was able to dance with an understudy.

Imagine if Anna or another pro travelled with Mark and Lacey to NYC from the get go. It would be a proper contingency plan, and she could have realized the original choreographer's vision and really assisted the celebrity properly.

Instead, this show is more concerned with drama than with the final dance product. It's easier just to stick a camera in Mark's face and watch if he has a meltdown. Of course he didn't, he was the epitome of grace under fire, and he did the best he could, which was pretty darn good. The 6 was an insult to him, as was the dancing monkey comment.

If the show is so insensitive as to put him through something that no other celebrity would have to endure, including Joanna, who danced with Maks, but had 4 days of practise with him, and was able to take a mulligan for a trip...
then I am just saddened that they made him into a dancing bear for their amusement. The fan vote was strong, but to overcome 7th place was too much. And then a dance off with a judge's favorite who is not likeable enough to vote for was surreal. So, I can't watch this show anymore. At least I got to learn about an amazing Martial Artist and Actor, Mark Dacascos, and I have the utmost respect for him, even as the show tried to humiliate him.
Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
44. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 5 2009, 6:21 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2009, 6:21 PM EST
That really was a bummer. He had bad luck all week and then pulled off what I thought was a perfectly fine dance, and they judges were way way too harsh on him. It was nice to see him at least get into the dance-off.... Despite having the lowest judges' score by far, he had enough fan votes to keep him out of the bottom spot. That shows how well-liked he is. What a great attitude. He'll be missed for sure. Do you find this valuable?    
AiryFairyArms
AiryFairyArms
45. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 6 2009, 7:08 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 6 2009, 7:25 AM EST
Big Mark fan here but his time was nearing an end and it seemed like the right thing to do. I liked him in that French movie! I thought Michael's Fox Trot was better than both Donny or Mark's dance but Irvin ended up in the dance off with Decascos anyway. Losing Lacey to the flu proved to be too hard to overcome. Mark and Lacey had some serious mojo going together until illness derailed their destiny. Do you find this valuable?    
ShaolinLace1
ShaolinLace1
46. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 6 2009, 8:42 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 6 2009, 8:45 AM EST
Time nearing the end. You must be joking. This guy had two strong dances in a row, got no thanks or an encore that he should have got for the jitterbug, did charity work in the middle of dwts which no one on the show bothered to put in a video package, and won the fan vote for the Ryan Seacrest interview that the Osmond fans thought they had in the bag.
No, Mark was sabatoged out of going further. This show is stank. And the only thing that's time has come is the show. The ratings are continuing to tank, and I won't be party to it any longer.
Do you find this valuable?    

nightstar_
47. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Dec 21 2009, 12:09 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 21 2009, 12:09 PM EST
its really sad that mark went. he was SUCH a good dancer. The judges never did him any justice though. It really killed me to watch Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3