Discussion: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 21 - 40 of 48  |  Show  posts at a time
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
ShaolinLace1
ShaolinLace1
20. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 2 2009, 6:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 5:11 PM EDT
I just pasted it into the browser and it did come up for me. Do you find this valuable?    
ShaolinLace1
ShaolinLace1
21. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 19 2009, 5:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 5:17 PM EDT
Woohoo!!! The Dark Horse Ridin' high tonight. He's gone from in the middle of the pack to Top 3 just after the Ringers.
He did an outstanding job... I couldn't get over the Paso Doble. The only one to do a Solo, great steps, great line, a Butterfly twist!! Not even the pros can do that.
Then the Hustle Mark and Lacey get a Special shout out from the Head judge. All kinds of awesome, great hustle steps, great Arabian pulls, great lift, and throw in a back flip.

Love it! He's 45!!! And still does this stuff.
Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
22. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 19 2009, 5:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 5:26 PM EDT
I totally agree with you ShaolinLace1...he was very good this week. I really enjoyed his performance. I hope he continues to improve as he did this week ! Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
23. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 19 2009, 8:08 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 8:08 PM EDT
Man this was a great week for him! Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
24. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 19 2009, 8:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 8:20 PM EDT
What a comeback for Mark! Great dance for him... Lots of drama and aggression. Lacey's choreography was a great fit, too. Great to see them get back into the mix with the best couples. Do you find this valuable?    
ShaolinLace1
ShaolinLace1
25. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 19 2009, 10:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2009, 10:09 PM EDT
Great week and I see him improving so much week by week, really...but this was dancing for his life, he even said that. Wow you know watching it back, I do feel it was underscored. That was Diablo Rojo...what an amazing show from Mark and Lacey
http://www.rickey.org/?p=25024
eguy
eguy
26. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 20 2009, 9:44 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2009, 9:44 AM EDT
Thank God they are finally noticing how talented he really is. They have been so hard on him, maybe it's a blessing because here he is, coming up from behind, ready to surprise us all. He rocked it in The Hustle too! Do you find this valuable?    
ShaolinLace1
ShaolinLace1
27. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 21 2009, 5:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 21 2009, 5:55 PM EDT
What I think is good is next week Mark and Lacey have the Jitterbug as their duet. I am sure this will be good for them. Mark's athletic skills are not only strong martial arts, they are so compact they lend themselves beautifully to dance.
Lacey is also the Swing expert on the show and I think she'll have no problem trusting him with sophisticated tricks and lifts. The other good thing for the dancers is the Jitterbug does not have exacting technique ...you dance flat footed, not in latin shoes, more like sneakers,it's a gin joint dance and a sort of funclub quality, not precise ballroom dancing. That is what gives Jitterbug it's uniqueness.

There are many who do "tricks" but it takes artistry to make them beautiful. Something as simple as Mark doing a twisting drop to the floor, landing on the hands, like they did on the Quickstep ending, or on the group dance were done so neatly, that Mark looks like a dancer doing a trick, instead of say, a fighter. There's a grace and a debonair quality in his tricks and that makes the dance so pleasing to the eye..

I could go on and on about that Paso Doble, because he was so passionate and the quality of the moves were spot on. The way he hit the Spanish lines were breathtaking, from the beginning stance to the final stare down of the judges. Wow..that was fierce. I am a big fan of the show, and in all truthfulness that was one of the best Paso Dobles I have seen in terms of matching the story completely to the dancing.
Loved the music, the costumes, the steamy entrance from Lacey.. Great stuff.

jakefwp
jakefwp
28. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 26 2009, 8:30 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 26 2009, 8:30 PM EDT
Another great week for Mark. I actually thought the 26 was a little low, but I guess they knocked him down for the one mistake at the end. The Jitterbug was a GREAT dance for Mark. Like Len said, "more is more," and Mark has so much athleticism and energy. Do you find this valuable?    
eguy
eguy
29. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 27 2009, 7:22 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 27 2009, 7:22 AM EDT
I agree that 26 was lower than what he deserved. I think Mark had the best dance of the night by far. It was the most energetic, it was incredibly difficult, and he did a great job with playing the part and making his movements fluid. Do you find this valuable?    
ShaolinLace1
ShaolinLace1
30. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 28 2009, 2:56 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2009, 2:56 AM EDT
Two great weeks for Mark in a row! Mark is gaining momentum so I hope he's able to sustain it.
This is going to be a challenging week for Mark and Lacey. There's going to be a team dance, meaning contestants divided into 2 teams to compete against each other for points. Each team performs and then the judges give a score to the entire team...hopefully they get a good team! The other challenge is Mark and Lacey left for New York so Mark can film some episodes for Iron Chef America, so they have to prepare their duet in New York. It's going to be such a grueling schedule to be bi-coastal, and prep a dance--and where will they find the time to rehearse for the "team dance'??
Also, Mark hinted at the dance for their duet it could be the Samba, and that's a very difficult dance....yikes!!
ShaolinLace1
ShaolinLace1
31. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 28 2009, 12:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2009, 9:27 PM EDT
Just as an update, Mark and Lacey are dancing a Samba, and their team Dance is actually Paso Doble, team mates are are Michael, Mya and Aaron
The other three are dancing a Tango. Donny, Joanna and Kelly.
It's easier to coordinate a progressive dance than a party dance... So it's going to be easier with the Paso Doble and the Tango. Looking forward to a really cool competition night.

greenknees
32. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 29 2009, 12:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2009, 12:07 PM EDT
I really, really like Mark D even though he has so much trouble "emoting" the dance. His training keeps him from much mood making other than fightin' fierce. But he's gentlemanly and quite adept at fancy moves. I just don't think that's enough to be champ. Do you find this valuable?    
ShaolinLace1
ShaolinLace1
33. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Oct 29 2009, 1:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 29 2009, 1:29 PM EDT
IMHO Like all beginners, it takes time to find the right notes in to emote dance, so Rumba was a struggle especially so early in the competition, but with the Two Step, Diablo Rojo Paso Doble and now the Jitterbug, Mark is really hitting his stride and putting fun, (two step) masculine passion ( Paso Doble) and joy (Jitterbug) into his dancing. Do you find this valuable?    
eguy
eguy
34. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 2 2009, 4:07 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 4:07 PM EST
Ooooh, not a good week for Mark. Poor guy! I'm sure he would have done better if he'd had Lacy and more than 48 hours to prepare. His Paso was pretty good, though. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
35. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 2 2009, 4:20 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 4:20 PM EST
I didn't think his dance was that bad....I will have to watch it again later. I was getting supper ready, so i didn't catch it all, but the marks that he got didn't seem to match up with what I had seen. Do you find this valuable?    
BrandonE
BrandonE
36. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 2 2009, 4:27 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 4:27 PM EST
I watched his dance online, and it wasn't that bad......they scored him pretty low. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
37. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 2 2009, 5:59 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 5:59 PM EST
I watched it again and I definitely feel that it was not bad. His scores were too low. Do you find this valuable?    
jakefwp
jakefwp
38. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 2 2009, 6:29 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 6:29 PM EST
I thought the same thing! I really enjoyed his dance and was so surprised by the comments and scores. Very strange. I'm afraid he has to be in real danger of getting eliminated this week. Do you find this valuable?    
ShaolinLace1
ShaolinLace1
39. RE: Mark Dacascos the Dark Horse..
Nov 2 2009, 10:19 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 2 2009, 10:19 PM EST
I hope you had a chance to vote for Mark and Anna.. this was a stressful week in the extreme, and yes he's in danger of leaving. I do hope he has a chance to come back next week with a healthy Lacey. Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next