Discussion: New Training Rules For The StarsReported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

offwithherhead
New Training Rules For The Stars
Aug 13 2009, 7:18 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 13 2009, 7:20 AM EDT
I was just watching an AM talk show and they were discussing the new rules for the stars training. The rules were made in hopes to try to prevent all the injuries that have occurred in recent years of the show. The rules include: 1. No training for more than 5 hours a day, 2. After every 2 hours of training they must take a 1/2 hour break, and 3. They must take one day off a week (no more training for 7 days straight).

I think these new rules are good, but do you think this will impact the quality of performances?
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
BrandonE
BrandonE
1. RE: New Training Rules For The Stars
Aug 13 2009, 5:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 13 2009, 5:22 PM EDT
Oh yes it will! They train about 6-7 hours a day for a dance, for 5 days straight until the night they perform, and then perform, which is 30-35 hours of training.

And for training 5 hours a day, for only 4 days, that's only 20 hours of practice. The scores and dances would not be as good as they can be.
First_Marti
First_Marti
2. RE: New Training Rules For The Stars
Aug 14 2009, 8:07 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 14 2009, 8:07 AM EDT
I agree with Brandon. Without the rigourous training they have had before, the lack of practice and learning will defenately make their dancing poor. They need to find STRONG people! That is why I like Olympians - like swimmers. They are built to swim, and dance. Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
3. RE: New Training Rules For The Stars
Aug 15 2009, 2:53 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 15 2009, 2:53 AM EDT
I think this will impact their performances as well... I am wondering if the pros will stay away from some of the "tricks"... because they must take alot of time to perfect. Do you find this valuable?    
First_Marti
First_Marti
4. RE: New Training Rules For The Stars
Aug 15 2009, 12:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 15 2009, 12:58 PM EDT
And ... wouldn't the money they win go down because they are not working as much? Do you find this valuable?    

offwithherhead
5. RE: New Training Rules For The Stars
Aug 15 2009, 4:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 15 2009, 4:12 PM EDT
"And ... wouldn't the money they win go down because they are not working as much?"
I'm not sure....I would think that they are paid by the week/show. I somehow can't see these stars punching a time card for an hourly wage.