Discussion: What I have read, and some personal thoughtsReported This is a featured thread

Category: Discussion Forum / Rumors
Showing 8 posts
First_Marti
First_Marti
What I have read, and some personal thoughts
Aug 12 2009, 8:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 12 2009, 8:09 PM EDT
First of all, I think that AI is ridiculous for letting Paul leave the show. She was the heart and soul of the show. However, I have heard all kinds of rumors about her being on DWTS. I would love to see that, but where would you put her? It wouldn't be fair for her to be a star dancer because of her experience. I don't believe she is a ball room dancer, so possibly it woul be OK. But I heard that she also could be a judge. Personally 3 is enough. What do the rest of you all think?

Also, I heard Danny Gokey say that he was going to do everything possible to be on the show, and he plans to unless something happens with his schedule. I also read that Lou Farigno had signed a contract. I am still poking around to find out more.
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
BrandonE
BrandonE
1. RE: What I have read, and some personal thoughts
Aug 12 2009, 9:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 12 2009, 9:01 PM EDT
Yup, I've read those rumors too.

About Paula, I don't think they should make her a contestant. She is a dancer, so that wouldn't be fair. Maybe a guest judge, but not sure...
First_Marti
First_Marti
2. RE: What I have read, and some personal thoughts
Aug 12 2009, 10:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 12 2009, 10:07 PM EDT
I am really pissed that AI let her go. I don't like Cara at all. Paula could always make a person feel good even after Simon or Randy said horrible things to the contestant. As crazy as Paula could get, she was the kindest and knew more about music than either one of the fellas - it was just difficult for her to express herself sometimes.

But I know that DWTS is really going after her! She is in big demand right now.

offwithherhead
3. RE: What I have read, and some personal thoughts
Aug 13 2009, 5:00 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 13 2009, 5:00 AM EDT
"First of all, I think that AI is ridiculous for letting Paul leave the show. She was the heart and soul of the show. However, I have heard all kinds of rumors about her being on DWTS. I would love to see that, but where would you put her? It wouldn't be fair for her to be a star dancer because of her experience. I don't believe she is a ball room dancer, so possibly it woul be OK. But I heard that she also could be a judge. Personally 3 is enough. What do the rest of you all think?

Also, I heard Danny Gokey say that he was going to do everything possible to be on the show, and he plans to unless something happens with his schedule. I also read that Lou Farigno had signed a contract. I am still poking around to find out more."
Hi First_Marti ! I have heard the Paula rumors as well, and I would love to see her on the show, but I am with you...where would you put her? I really think that her dance background would be unfair to others. I remember when Kristi Yamagouchi was on, there was some talk about her having an unfair advantage because she was a skater, and just this past season some felt Melissa had the advantage because she took dance as a child. And as for a judge (probably the right place to use her) I like the 3 judge system....so what to do?

offwithherhead
4. RE: What I have read, and some personal thoughts
Aug 13 2009, 5:03 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 15 2009, 2:54 AM EDT
"I am really pissed that AI let her go. I don't like Cara at all. Paula could always make a person feel good even after Simon or Randy said horrible things to the contestant. As crazy as Paula could get, she was the kindest and knew more about music than either one of the fellas "
I think American Idol missed the bus by letting her go. I am not a Cara fan either and she certainly is not as good as Paula is at finding something good to say about the contestants. She brought balance to the show that I don't think Cara can.
BrandonE
BrandonE
5. RE: What I have read, and some personal thoughts
Aug 13 2009, 9:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 13 2009, 9:26 AM EDT
The English version of Dancing with the stars has 4 judges! Yes, 4! And Len & Bruno are 2 of them. So it is possible she could be a judge...

First_Marti
First_Marti
6. RE: What I have read, and some personal thoughts
Aug 13 2009, 7:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 13 2009, 7:20 PM EDT
"The English version of Dancing with the stars has 4 judges! Yes, 4! And Len & Bruno are 2 of them. So it is possible she could be a judge...

"
That's a thought. But I am really going to miss her here. I will watch a few of the beginning shows and see what happens.

offwithherhead
7. RE: What I have read, and some personal thoughts
Aug 15 2009, 3:00 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 15 2009, 3:00 AM EDT
"The English version of Dancing with the stars has 4 judges! Yes, 4! And Len & Bruno are 2 of them. So it is possible she could be a judge...

"
Hey, if it has been done before, there is no reason it can't be done on DWTS. I love PAula, but I just don't know what she can bring to judging ballroom....not her background. Having said that, it wasn't Cari Ann Inaba's either, and that works. I am anxious to see what they do with her. I really don't think that she will come on board as a dancer because of her back....just too much chance of re-injury.